WHO WINS?

• Total voters
Daps
It is possible to be both critical of Harris' campaign style AND support her. We are posting on the Higher Learning board on the fukkin Coli, no one of substance are reading our posts so theres really no risk of what we say here depressing voting turnout:mjlol:

Only becomes an issue if the posting is the breeding ground for a withhold the vote movement, which again would not originate on TheColi

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Making a progressive happy is IMPOSSIBLE. Even if Bernie or AOC had the nomination, stopped the conflict btw Israel n Gaza they would still find SOMETHING to complain about.

“Why aren’t they doing more interviews on Tuesdays?”
It's good to be unhappy about a bad world. You should always be asking more of your political representatives. They should never take you for being happy or contented. You work them like a rented mule. Politics is a Sisyphean task, you shouldn't ever rest on your laurels when the gravitational weight of negative actors, histories and forces is working against you. If something good happens, you move on to the next bad thing that needs to be fixed and start demanding action on that. That's how you craft a better world.

But I understand this is fundamentally inconceivable to a lot of people who have been conditioned to view politics as a parasocial fan club instead of a tool to make society a better place. That perspective was broadly held and understood for most of the 19th/20th century Liberal period where the most progress was made on expanding rights and dignity to the populace across all demographics, including class, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, etc. The activists and political institutions that made those advancements never talked about contentedness or conceived of their work derogatorily as complaining.

But the introduction of the 21st century political spectacle has completely infected the public discourse and led to Brunch politics as the dominant mode of political analysis and engagement now. Which is why we're backsliding into right-wing fascism. We kicked out the backstop of a politically educated masses, as seen in this very thread, and have completely inverted the proper relationship between politicians and the public to the point where people talk about us failing politicians instead of politicians failing us.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It is possible to be both critical of Harris' campaign style AND support her. We are posting on the Higher Learning board on the fukkin Coli, no one of substance are reading our posts so theres really no risk of what we say here depressing voting turnout:mjlol:

Only becomes an issue if the posting is the breeding ground for a withhold the vote movement, which again would not originate on TheColi
I think you're overestimating the intelligence of some of these posters. Some of them genuinely believe there to be foreign governments and actors waging a sophisticated election influence campaign targeted to Higher Learning.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I hope you're right because this article seems to imply otherwise

The doj antitrust division has been the gold standard for successful antitrust cases in the current administration.

I have no issues with Khan. I love the work the ftc is doing and actually would like seeing them do more. But she’s failed where the doj finds success. Replacing her doesn’t mean a rightward shift if it happens.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Then why are you mad?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I asked for how Kamala's platform is "right wing" or how she's "pivoted to right wing" and all we got is 3 or 4 more pages on Israel-Gaza and the strangest thing about this is the alternative, Trump and the GOP, literally said... out loud mind you.... "finish the job" and then quipped that Biden "must be a Palestinian now"

Can't be serious with this. Also, why are we not mentioning how Netanyahu is likely stonewalling the ceasefire talks because A) he believes war will save him and B) because he wants Trump to be President?

And before anyone says, "well, that's why we should stop arming them.." That's not how this works, that's not how it would work with any President over the last 30 years, we are too interconnected with Israel as an ally and they are fighting wars on several fronts right now with Iran possibly planning on fukking over oil in retaliation etc.... Several moving parts..

With all due respect, you sound like a real bytch right now.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With all due respect, you sound like a real bytch right now.
Not only that, didn't Reagan stop the Israeli's in the 80s?

I hate when these goofies get on here and try to smol bean the president of a sprawling fukking empire.

The motherfukker who could at the drop of a hat have our homes dronestriked and our deaths memory-holed inside
of four years all of a sudden is "powerless".
:pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not only that, didn't Reagan stop the Israeli's in the 80s?

I hate when these goofies get on here and try to smol bean the president of a sprawling fukking empire.

The motherfukker who could at the drop of a hat have our homes dronestriked and our deaths memory-holed inside
of four years all of a sudden is "powerless".
:pachaha:

This is all sports. It’s not different than college football or the NFL.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
While you here debating whether Kamala's campaign is too right-wing or not, I'm more concerned about why she isn't making more campaign appearances. Go to Tuscon, Phoenix, Greensboro, Macon, Grand Rapids, Auburn Hills, Oshkosh, etc. Go to fukking Scranton with Joe Biden. Do at least two events per day.

Use the next 4 weeks to put the foot on MAGA's neck

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
"We shouldn't be asking Kamala to do something good because America has historically been a bad place" is perhaps not the argument you think it is.

You don't understand how all of our economies are connected? I'd need you to explain that you understand this first before we can move on because "just cut Israel off and let them fend for themselves" is something I'd expect to hear from some College Freshmen idealist.... that's not a shot at you but that's how the post is coming off..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also, this idea that Kamala's platform is only SLIGHTLY left to Trump is hilarious... it's so comedic that it's not even worth entertaining. They are worlds apart on issues, I'm not going to play some make believe game you guys want to play because you are single issue voters.

There's nothing wrong with being a single issue voter but we've gone down this path a hundred times before.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not really a debate if her campaign is right wing or not, it most certainly is right wing.
It is ostensibly, undeniably right wing and these obvious "I am pro war","I am for stronger border control"," I am pro-cop" etc.
stances are to court Right Wingers and Centrists and/or appease Democrats in denial about their own violent or fascistic tendencies.

Several of these stances were accepted as defacto Right Wing not even a decade ago.

Like this is not some ancient history, this is within living memory
Everyone on this website was alive when Obama ran on a lot of things COUNTER to this. :pachaha: