WHO WINS?

• Total voters

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
That's true BUT if it lingers more than a few days, it will have an effect on the economy and that is a top voting topic she is still trying to gain ground on. She don't need any hiccups that will cause her to be on defense before the election.
Holla me by next monday if this isn’t resolved by then

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
2026 could be a chance for Dems to regain the majority in the senate. Realistically they could flip Maine and kick Susan Collins' concerned ass out the door. They have strong candidates for NC and KY in term limited Governors (Cooper and Beshear respectively) that have won state-wide races before.
Beshear isn't winning a federal race in Kentucky. Non-federal statewide elections are usually much less partisan than federal ones.

Like how Vermont currently has a liberal Republican governor (who is basically a moderate Democrat lol) but they would NEVER elect a Republican to the US Senate or Presidency.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
We don't care. Go sit your old ass down somewhere, Joe. :camby:
I read the article. The headline is exaggerating things unsurprisingly.

He supports Harris 100% but of course does feel a bit stung by how quickly he's become almost a non-factor. That's not shocking or really anything bad :manny:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
There's always a "money" trail with this fakkit
It's anybody's guess how long they're going to drag this out but when you have the leader of the ILA who makes well over $500K yearly, threating to cripple the country if he and his guys don't get their piece of the billions that were made during covid. That's going to piss off quite a few people and lead to a stale mate. Especially, if they can tie this to political motivations as a vocal Trump supporter.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
i don’t expect the strike to factor too much in voters’ decisions when they enter the voting booth.

The effects of the strike, should there be any, won’t be felt by consumers until around Jan/February. Goods for Oct - Dec have already been shipped and received.

For 2024, with regards to availability of goods and their prices, it’s a nothingburger.

:francis:

Idk...Most people aren't impacted by illegal immigration, violent crime, and LGBTQ rights either...

You're right that it's effects wouldn't be felt by people for a long time but that's not how it'll be covered. As we've seen for the past year, it doesn't matter what the metrics on the economy say, it's all about "vibes".

I have no doubt the media will be covering this with sirens blaring and all the fear mongering they can muster.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Truly pathetic posting

Nobody needs to see this shyt dawg
Why do you say that?

I'm very progressive (phone banked/vote for Liz Warren* in the last primary) and think that Republicans typically have terrible policy for a functioning democracy. They still won in 2016, and after being blindsided by being in a Democratic bubble, I've learned to listen when alarm bells are being rung.

My working theory is that uneducated voters don't seek out political news, and so their insights are formed by influencers and bad-faith actors who peddle controversy for engagement. This rise in social media lines up w/ the attrition of Dems support shown in the tweet.

This tweet is calling out the shift, in working class support, and objectively, as someone black, I do see a different tone compared to 2016/2020... a lot more public endorsements by black people, anti-black conspiracies about Kamala going mainstream in black communities (ie: Janet Jackson) and even personal friends saying some #bothsides BS that wasn't their political perspective previously.

Yet in this thread, otherwise informed poster jump through these mental hoops where every poll that shows Dems winning is unassailable and every poll that shows us in a tight race/losing is a deep state polling conspiracy:
  • CNN is more conservative, so their polling is probably biased
  • NYT Opinion occasionally says stuff they don't like so I can't trust them either
I'm not against bushing any Trafalgar polling, but when we can't acknowledge the complicated picture that a NYT polls shows... one of the more accurate, more expensive (and more liberal-appearing) gold star polling outfits, what does that say about us?

* It's a sad state of affairs when I feel the need to constantly affirm how progressive I am to avoid being labeled a secret Republican. It's the HL equivalent of being called an undercover cac

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
i don’t expect the strike to factor too much in voters’ decisions when they enter the voting booth.

The effects of the strike, should there be any, won’t be felt by consumers until around Jan/February. Goods for Oct - Dec have already been shipped and received.

For 2024, with regards to availability of goods and their prices, it’s a nothingburger.

:francis:

Idk...Most people aren't impacted by illegal immigration, violent crime, and LGBTQ rights either...

You're right that it's effects wouldn't be felt by people for a long time but that's not how it'll be covered. As we've seen for the past year, it doesn't matter what the metrics on the economy say, it's all about "vibes".

I have no doubt the media will be covering this with sirens blaring and all the fear mongering they can muster.

The average American will see the effects of this strike if it continues for more than a week, within 30 days or less.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Why do you say that?

I'm very progressive (phone banked/vote for Liz Warren* in the last primary) and think that Republicans typically have terrible policy for a functioning democracy. They still won in 2016, and after being blindsided by being in a Democratic bubble, I've learned to listen when alarm bells are being rung.

My working theory is that uneducated voters don't seek out political news, and so their insights are formed by influencers and bad-faith actors who peddle controversy for engagement. This rise in social media lines up w/ the attrition of Dems support shown in the tweet.

This tweet is calling out the shift, in working class support, and objectively, as someone black, I do see a different tone compared to 2016/2020... a lot more public endorsements by black people, anti-black conspiracies about Kamala going mainstream in black communities (ie: Janet Jackson) and even personal friends saying some #bothsides BS that wasn't their political perspective previously.

Yet in this thread, otherwise informed poster jump through these mental hoops where every poll that shows Dems winning is unassailable and every poll that shows us in a tight race/losing is a deep state polling conspiracy:
  • CNN is more conservative, so their polling is probably biased
  • NYT Opinion occasionally says stuff they don't like so I can't trust them either
I'm not against bushing any Trafalgar polling, but when we can't acknowledge the complicated picture that a NYT polls shows... one of the more accurate, more expensive (and more liberal-appearing) gold star polling outfits, what does that say about us?

* It's a sad state of affairs when I feel the need to constantly affirm how progressive I am to avoid being labeled a secret Republican. It's the HL equivalent of being called an undercover cac
Because its just trash

Its a trash ass poll thats why he shouldn't of posted it