• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Biden been week in polls for almost his entire term after the first 100 days and that's despite all.of the popular legislation and exercutive orders we've seen.

In today's highly polarized and partisan environment I don't attach any value in popularity or approval.

For me, presidential polling has finally caught up with the legislative branch which has been underwater my entire life.

Unless there's some new trend where voters when to vote split ticket in historical numbers I don't see the need for panic.

Largely, because what people dislike the most about Biden is that he's old and there ain't nothing he can do about that.
Man is gonna die by polls for the 7th time since I've been on this site. At this point it's just leaning in on your education despite changing landscapes.

This is Trump's third go at the white house. Yet I'm supposed to believe he's more popular now than he was against Hillary. :pachaha:

The polls in 2022 were good for statewide races. In MI, Whitmer lead by an average of 11 and she won by...11. As an example.

The margin of error has to be taken into account and if you have that swing toward Biden, then basically the election is tied in a lot of these places.

But the incumbency advantage is just not there in the polls as it normally is.

I am concerned because Trump should not be polling this well, PERIOD.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I also don’t think a lot of people realize how big it is that the republicans are going broke paying Trumps legal fees and the democrats have alot more money to play with

They can run alot more attack AD’s come election time which is huge
Going broke? They are broke :pachaha:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The polls in 2022 were good for statewide races. In MI, Whitmer lead by an average of 11 and she won by...11. As an example.

The margin of error has to be taken into account and if you have that swing toward Biden, then basically the election is tied in a lot of these places.

But the incumbency advantage is just not there in the polls as it normally is.

I am concerned because Trump should not be polling this well, PERIOD.

Exactly. Polling has not tracked with actual results for some years now. That’s why I don’t understand why you keep posting these polls everyday this far out from the election.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Polling has not tracked with actual results for some years now. That’s why I don’t understand why you keep posting these polls everyday this far out from the election.
Eh…polls were pretty accurate until recently. What they can’t account for properly is likely voters. Trump’s strength in the polls is because they keep underestimating how much people under 50 will turnout. They’re still trying to account for that person who doesn’t give a shyt about politics but will show up to vote against Republicans and then go back to saying these Democrats ass too.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh…polls were pretty accurate until recently. What they can’t account for properly is likely voters. Trump’s strength in the polls is because they keep underestimating how much people under 50 will turnout. They’re still trying to account for that person who doesn’t give a shyt about politics but will show up to vote against Republicans and then go back to saying these Democrats ass too.

That’s why I keep saying past voting patterns are way more valuable than polls…especially presidential polls in February.

Polling was extremely accurate in 2008 and 2012. I remember spending a lot of time on 538 obsessively going over polls. Then they got the 2016 election wrong. I’ll never forget NYT.com front page saying Hilary has an 80% chance of winning on Election Day. :heh:

Since then all the Dem gloom and doom and red wave predictions have been wrong.

They’ll need to fix whatever they need to fix before I put stock in polling again.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh…polls were pretty accurate until recently. What they can’t account for properly is likely voters. Trump’s strength in the polls is because they keep underestimating how much people under 50 will turnout.
no one under 40 pays for cable or a landline :hubie:

polls, fox news' ratings, i don't credit them with anything

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That’s why I keep saying past voting patterns are way more valuable than polls…especially presidential polls in February.

Polling was extremely accurate in 2008 and 2012. I remember spending a lot of time on 538 obsessively going over polls. Then they got the 2016 election wrong. I’ll never forget NYT.com front page saying Hilary has an 80% chance of winning on Election Day. :heh:

Since then all the Dem gloom and doom and red wave predictions have been wrong.

They’ll need to fix whatever they need to fix before I put stock in polling again.
I don’t think they can because one issue now can make an unlikely voter show up. Like they didn’t know how to account for the surge in women voters post the Roe decision.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Ellie Quinlan Houghtaling/

February 22, 2024/5:07 p.m. ET

Nikki Haley Desperately Tries to Walk Back Comment on Alabama Embryo Ruling​

As hospitals across Alabama pause IVF treatments, Nikki Haley is suddenly trying to claim she never said what she said.​

Nikki Haley closing her eyes and looking down

ALLISON JOYCE/GETTY IMAGES

Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley is frantically trying to quell the controversy over comments she made about IVF after an Alabama court’s recent ruling that frozen embryos are children.

“We don’t want fertility treatment to shut down, we don’t want them to stop doing IVF treatment, we don’t want them to stop doing artificial insemination,” Haley said on CNN on Thursday. “But I think this needs to be decided by the people in every state. Don’t take away the rights of these physicians and these parents to have these conversations.”

It was Haley’s second such attempt to explain away her controversial stance on the issue. On Wednesday evening, Haley blurted out a much more gibberish response.

“Well first off all, this is, again, I didn’t say that I agreed with the Alabama ruling. The question that I was asked is, ‘Do I believe an embryo is a baby?’” Haley said on CNN Wednesday evening. “I do think that if you look in the definition, an embryo is considered an unborn baby. And so yes, I believe, from my stance, that that is.”

But calling an embryo—the stage before the microscopic cellular mass is labeled a fetus—an unborn baby is not exactly correct.

In Handmaid’s Tale–esque fashion, Haley has tried to toe the line on the issue of third-party fertility in a futile effort to keep voters from turning away from her floundering campaign, even though she conceived her son via artificial insemination.

Last week, the Alabama Supreme Court decided that embryos created through in vitro fertilization would be protected under the Wrongful Death of a Minor Act, effectively classifying single-celled, fertilized eggs as children. The decision has spelled certain doom for IVF clinics across the state, three of which have already announced that they will no longer be offering the procedure for fear of being hit with wrongful death suits.

So when Haley initially claimed that embryos “are babies” and that she could see where the court was “coming from” on the issue, people were stunned.

“Embryos, to me, are babies,” Haley told NBC News. “When you talk about an embryo, you are talking about, to me, that’s a life. And so I do see where that’s coming from when they talk about that.”

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lots of women in AZ, Florida, Georgia suburbs that would vote Republican down the line, but have done, or want to have IVF procedures.

I honestly don't even really know what that means, like a synthetic approach to child birth? Like freezing eggs?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Lots of women in AZ, Florida, Georgia suburbs that would vote Republican down the line, but have done, or want to have IVF procedures.

I honestly don't even really know what that means, like a synthetic approach to child birth? Like freezing eggs?

If you asking what is IVF? Basically that's when a woman's egg is inseminated outside of the womb, as some women cannot conceive naturally and some women actually have allergic reactions to semen itself. So it's inseminated and then placed back in the womb to conceive.

Well this new law, if an egg dies outside, it's still considered a living thing; thus your viable for homicide.

Plus OB/GYN could be also considered liable in the death.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, it's not 'lots of women' :dead: let's not overblow this. i'd be happy with abortion actually getting biden over the finish line