Daps

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’m on record as acknowledging the Biden Administration as the most domestically progressive administration in modern history. They’ve taken some meaningful steps to push back against Corporatocracy and have been remarkably pro-labor. But it’s a bridge too far to posit that he’s some kind of populist hero or that a Harris Administration would be radically different in this regard. As Stoller notes in that last tweet, Biden’s history is absolutely terrible on this front, yet he was able to pivot when he got in the Oval. So I don’t know why Kamala’s brother in law being a corporate stooge would mean she’s irredeemably corrupted but Biden’s actual deep history of corruption gets him a pass. Kamala has showed some proclivity towards progressive politics in the past, even further left than Biden. She’s still an ideological blank slate so I’m not saying she can’t be corrupted like Obama was in ‘08, but the progressives have a lot more institutional heft than in ‘08, and she has shown herself to be more adept to the winds of change taking place in the political landscape than Biden has. The Biden appointees who are responsible for his progressive policies most likely aren’t going to just disappear in a Harris administration, there would probably be a lot of cross-pollination with the Warrenites in the Biden Admin, I don’t see them being replaced wholesale with Larry Summers acolytes.

The framing of this whole debacle as the Billionaire class staging a coup against Biden for being too much of a populist, leftist hero is a bit too deterministic and contrarian for me. He hasn’t done anything truly radical and he’s not a major existential threat to them. I’m sure they would love to replace him with someone more amenable to their positions, but I don’t see any reason to believe that would be Kamala. The push is coming from a myriad of factions, chiefly swing state battleground Dems who are being dragged into hell by his dogshyt popularity and approval ratings.

Also, Biden is absolutely disqualified from any talk of “most progressive administration of all time” because he has been actively aiding and abetting a genocide. I understand Stoller’s beat is domestic politics and he doesn’t give a shyt about foreign policy or the morality involved there, but Biden has failed that test.

Agreed.

I don't think the donor class believes in Kamala. That's why they float Newsom, Whitmer, Beshear, Moore, etc. All of them would be more friendly to their interests.

Shapiro is different. He is serious about governing so far in his short time so far in PA.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@PoorAndDangerous are you suggesting, if Joseph Robinette, the most progressive president any of us have ever had the honor of living under, pulls off the greatest political comeback of all time, he is NOT one of the greatest American presidents of all time?? :jbhmm:

Sleepy Joe :wow:

200.webp

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not sure why people want to act like one good press conference or stop fixes Biden's problems :beli: people get too caught up in the moment

As long as Biden's approval rating is <40% he's still a terrible general election candidate regardless of him going a day without a gaffe.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

They have spoken. These idiot Democrats in Congress should shut up now and stop damaging President Biden while he's trying to make a comeback.

Being from Detroit, it's wild that over the past decade is (once more) become on of the most important political metro areas in the country. A big blue dot that's starting to devour the red that surrounds it. Same thing is happening in Phoenix and Atlanta. Last night was STRONG for Biden.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This crowd had to be full of DNC operatives. No one in history has ever been this excited to see Joe Biden, least of all a bunch of black people in the Motor City.

Easy on the mustard DNC.
:dead:

It looks like the progressives/the squad and black people are ridin with Biden. I’m sorry :smugbiden:

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

24.2 Million Americans watched Joe Biden's NATO Press Conference based on ratings across the Major Networks. That was more than the Oscars. And Similar ratings to an NFL Primetime Game. Which shows Americans are really paying attention right now. I mean it's less than four months to go and that's really close. It will be September in a month and a half. Which again Early voting starts in. Many battle ground States have early voting.

GSV2EzTX0AAST-n