WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand Progressives/leftists.

-Biden has cancelled more student loan debt than any President in history via the Department of Education. Blame the Supreme Court for striking down the broader relief.
-Biden has thrown more money to climate change investment via the Inflation Reduction Act than any President in history.
-Child Tax Credit in 2021 that Joe Manchin then ratfukked Dems on when it was time to renew/expand.
-Biden signs into law a $35 cap on insulin for people on Medicare, convinces companies to sell it at $35, and the law lets Medicare negotiate drug prices for the first time ever which will led to a reduction of costs for millions of seniors.

These are big Progressive wins. Currently the administration is working to make a rule through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to wipe medical debt off credit reports. If that happens that will be another big win.

Yet, he's not Progressive enough, or hey, I disagree with him on this particular policy therefore he is the devil.

If Progressives decide to practice purity test politics in the election because Biden isn't "pure enough" and it leads to Trump becoming President again, they deserve everything that happens to them during Trump's 2nd term.

Not everything is black and white.

If Biden did universal health care, then he would be progressive enough.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes that was a ridiculous statement
06fdf6b3-28ec-4552-9e6b-6be5bdbc487d_text.gif

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Biden did universal health care, then he would be progressive enough.
there will be no universal healthcare without shutting down the border, and liberals would never go for it. they prefer to let in illegal immigrants, rather than take care of citizens who are already here

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
there will be no universal healthcare without shutting down the border, and liberals would never go for it. they prefer to let in illegal immigrants, rather than take care of citizens who are already here
I always find statements like this funny coming from people like you. I've seen you argue for cuts to food stamps. I've seen you argue against the Medicaid expansion. I've seen you argue in favor of work requirements, even though evidence shows they only cause harm. I've seen you argue for extreme restrictions on what people can buy with food stamps, as well as other policies that hurt the citizens already living here. Your support of the GOP and their backwards culture wars and policies also contradicts your concern for citizens.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always find statements like this funny coming from people like you. I've seen you argue for cuts to food stamps. I've seen you argue against the Medicaid expansion. I've seen you argue in favor of work requirements, even though evidence shows they only cause harm. I've seen you argue for extreme restrictions on what people can buy with food stamps, as well as other policies that hurt the citizens already living here. Your support of the GOP and their backwards culture wars and policies also contradicts your concern for citizens.
and you're a trump suppporter, who isn't voting for biden in november, negating every single thing you just posted. so eat a fat dikk :ehh:

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This guy really had all this gay stuff saved like that? He's going to have to come to terms with himself sooner or later.

I was scrolling that post like :dahell:

I thought his hatred of trans people was just good ole fashioned white men bigotry, but I’m starting to think this is deeper and more personal. Sheesh.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

-Biden has cancelled more student loan debt than any President in history via the Department of Education. Blame the Supreme Court for striking down the broader relief.
-Biden has thrown more money to climate change investment via the Inflation Reduction Act than any President in history.
-Child Tax Credit in 2021 that Joe Manchin then ratfukked Dems on when it was time to renew/expand.
-Biden signs into law a $35 cap on insulin for people on Medicare, convinces companies to sell it at $35, and the law lets Medicare negotiate drug prices for the first time ever which will led to a reduction of costs for millions of seniors.

These are big Progressive wins. Currently the administration is working to make a rule through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to wipe medical debt off credit reports. If that happens that will be another big win.

Yet, he's not Progressive enough, or hey, I disagree with him on this particular policy therefore he is the devil.

If Progressives decide to practice purity test politics in the election because Biden isn't "pure enough" and it leads to Trump becoming President again, they deserve everything that happens to them during Trump's 2nd term.

I can't speak for every leftist, but on October 6th I was ready to give Biden his flowers and support his reelection because he honestly did a better job than I expected when he got elected. I wouldn't call any of those things you mentioned "big Progressive wins", but until that date, I actually did consider him the most progressive President of my lifetime. Withdrawing from Afghanistan and Lina Khan's work at the FTC alone were enough to get me on board with Biden 2024.

And then he derailed all of that by aiding and abetting a genocide. If you want to call that red line a purity test, by all means go ahead. If your argument is that Progressives/leftists are too pure to vote for a genocide-enabler...have at it. Not everything is black and white, but to some people some things are...like genocide. That's about as black and white as it gets. Biden's actions on this are worse than anything Trump did during his time in office, so these "y'all deserve everything that happens to you" emotional threats just don't move like they used to. The majority of the people who are so disgusted by images of American bombs blowing up children in refugee camps that they decide they cannot support the man who has enabled this situation and vociferously co-signed these actions are not confused about the odds of Trump winning, they just don't have their entire worldview controlled by Trump. And by the way, they're disproportionately on the front lines of the harmful policies that Trump would enact, so they know what harm Trump's could bring better than your fellow Liberals in Park Slops haranguing them.

Centrist and Liberals love to play this game of trying to build and sustain a coalition through crybullying instead of dropping ego and acknowledging your fellow Big Tenters concerns in good faith. Your basic problem is that your self-conception as "the adults in the room" is the foundational lens you view all politics through, which leads you to believe Progressives/Leftists are children to be spoken down to. But they're not the adults in the room, they're just Boomer-brained midwits who have pegged their self-worth (literally and metaphysically) to the sheen of the brand of American Liberal goodness. This mixture of arrogance and hardheadedness is what stops them from understanding the basic idea of taking a stand for a moral principle, and causes them to politically short-circuit when confronted by someone who does. If you despise the moralism at the heart of Progressivism/Leftism so much, the good news for you is that your entire raison d'être of not being embarrassed by Trump's boorishness is still within reach, and Biden could very well still win without the support of the moral abstainers.

But know this, America isn't sliding deeper and deeper into fascism because people are too moral, it's because people like you either cannot or will not pull the handbrake.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This guy really had all this gay stuff saved like that? He's going to have to come to terms with himself sooner or later.

I've never seen anybody in my life that obsessed with LGTBQ issues, even people that are actually gay or transgender :dead:

Biden is good on some policy issues. His big problem is that he's enabling a genocide, and telling people to overlook that is a big ask.

Investing in climate change and capping prices on Insulin is great, but people don't want to feel like they're voting for heinous war crimes against children. His age is also working against him and he should've known that was going to be an issue.

I'll probably hold my nose and vote for Biden, but if he loses its his own fault for dikkriding Israel (against his own voters' wishes) and for not stepping down when he should've. I think a normal Dem with a decent approval rating beats Trump easily, but with Biden it's going to be close.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego