• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
What does hitting the panic button look like to you?

More ad spending

More Biden doing retail politics constantly

Earned media using all the tricks

The president needs to be on TV every single day

And some timely executive actions to boot

But it may be too late :snoop:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
My thoughts are that Trump is an existential threat to the US and should not be allowed to be president again. He shouldn't even be on the ballot. Knowing this, Biden should really be doing everything he can to make sure he wins in November. So, with that out of the way, how can you fearmonger about Trump crushing protests when Biden has already been supporting the crushing of protests?

If Biden wanted to differentiate himself from Trump on this issue then it was a bad idea to publicly side with the fascistic crackdown on the college campuses like he did. Biden supporting such Trump like actions in the now could have a negative effect on his election chances in November, and frankly I'm worried that with his tolerance for fascism and support for extreme right, racist ideologies, we are getting to the point where it could be too late for him to pivot before it costs him the election.
Biden, who, I remind you, is currently President, should not be taking the same side as Trump, and I hope you'll be able to admit that somewhere in between your troll posts.

Furthermore, we were already having a conversation about the fruitlessness of trying to browbeat over hypothetical Trump actions that are actually happening under Biden's leadership in the now, and you ran away from the conversation. Just like you ran from the conversation in the Gaza thread. Once your trolling hits its logical limit and you have no space to bullshyt your way out, you just run away. You join these conversations just to take the coward's way out every time. What is even the point?

This post is still here for you to respond to if you've decided to grow a spine.
We're really talking about what he would do when he enters office, not what he would do if he were president now. To play along though, your claim is that basically, for the Palestinians, Trump would have them dying faster with bombs and bullets, as opposed to Biden's rule which has them dying slowly through famine and less so from bombs and bullets, but still bombs and bullets. Biden is not forcing the issue of aid very well either. A full blown famine is already happening and it's continuing to spread. He has not used our leverage in a meaningful way to help facilitate aid to the level required. Israel has been successful in blocking most aid with little push back from the US, and with the white house unable to admit Israel is doing so and instead helping to cover for them. Biden's actions so far have mounted to little more than PR stunts for the media. He withheld a single weapons shipment while continuing the flow of other weapons, and then put together a billion dollar package a short time after, granting no leverage to the move. The pier, the opening of the crossing, etc, short lived and made ineffective due to Israeli and Hamas intervention. The only way more aid will get in is to force the issue with the Israeli government, and we're just not seeing a real effort to use our leverage.

Again though, that's what's happening now, and what we're really talking about is what Trump would do in 2025 when he takes office. After another 7 months of this, what is left that Biden would be better on than Trump? I don't see Biden allowing Palestinian refugees in any more than Trump would. I don't see Israel allowing Biden to help fund a rebuild of Gaza for the Gazan people, and by that point all the leverage we have will be long gone, and the moment lost. Gaza is destroyed. Experts are saying it's going to take billions of dollars and almost 20 years at least to make it semi-inhabitable again. Palestinians don't even have the means to rebuild Gaza. There's nothing Biden or Trump can do that would insure Israel doesn't settle Gaza. Nothing, from any President, points to Gazans simply going back to Gaza and living out the rest of their lives there in peace.

I'm on record as voting for Hillary and Biden, and that I will vote against Trump again. I really don't mind to see browbeating over domestic issues, because that actually makes perfect sense, but the browbeating over Palestinians is ridiculous. Biden is bad on Gaza, full stop. If this famine continues, we're talking about over a million dead in the next few months. I saw a Gazan on Twitter literally begging for Israel to just drop a nuke and kill everyone at once instead of drawing out their deaths. If they're going to die regardless it makes no difference how. A genocide is already the worst possible thing that can happen to a people. The only difference we're talking about here is the speed at which the people are killed or displaced, but in the end they're going to die, and the survivors will have no future in Gaza all the same.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Biden HQ needs to hit the panic button

In late May/early June? Nah...

And the idea that Biden is down to Trump more the 3.5-4% is hilarious. Most of the averaged polls consist of an overwhelming number of non-voters. I agree that Biden is down to trump but the margin is not huge and there is more than enough time to recover, no need to panic.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A lot of people support Trump. No real surprise there. Same people that wanted Biden to lose last time are carrying on the same way.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
More ad spending

More Biden doing retail politics constantly

Earned media using all the tricks

The president needs to be on TV every single day

And some timely executive actions to boot

But it may be too late :snoop:

Can't disagree with that list :ehh:

Even if the polling wasn't looking so bad, there's no reason not to go all out, especially with that cash advantage they have. You'd think they'd be blanketing every medium you could think of with ads and Trump is basically an unending source of new negative ad material

But then again, I live in NYC, so I don't really ever remember a time when presidential campaigns did much advertising here until the election was a few weeks away. Have posters in any of the swing states seen any uptick in ads from the Biden campaign?

I disagree about it being too late though, if only because of it feels too much like a self-fulfilling prophecy for folks to buy into en masse (if likely Democratic voters have already concluded Trump's going to win and end up sitting the election out, well then...yeah Trump's going to win)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's too late unless theres a major catalyst event

If the world is more or less ho hum throughout the summer then the cake is baked other than some sort of landmark executive order from left field
Can you vote? :umad:

Warlord 2024 :umad:

Or
Trump 10% tariffs on Canadian goods :umad:

Either way, just sit back at let big brother keep yall safe :umad:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Do y’all not understand how politics work? A republican has absolutely no chance at winning that district even if half the black people don’t vote.

Her funding comes from her own people. That’s who she caters to. No one said what she is saying is wrong but let’s not pretend there isn’t politics behind it.
She doesn't just cater to one group. I live in her district. I've volunteered for her alongside other Black voters, both old and young. She represents us well, especially when it comes to taking on DTE and their expensive, unreliable service. She regularly meets with local Black leaders and candidates too. Most of her funding comes from individual donations from a multitude of people and industries, not just from 'her people' like you believe. She's actually one of the few sincere politicians we have.