WHO WINS?

• Total voters

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Senate hasn't been decided. So, I feel like arguing about "If she going to getting anything past a Republican Senate" is playing too much into hypothetical and obviously a bad faith argument that everyone understand the outcome.

Right now... There is still a path to getting a tie in the Senate and it would be fair to argue over both outcomes.

We know what would happen if Republicans Senate. It would be the long drawn out death to democracy, because Repug are going to do everything in their power to make people suffer and bend the knee to these facist in the next election.

Even then... If Harris can win back the Senate in 2026. It would long term strategy that you have to be prepared to really understand.

Granted, I do think people here typically dwell too much on the present and not enough on long term outcomes.

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Depends on turnout.

It always seemed weird to me that the right dominates social media.

Stuff like cable news and talk radio is one thing - those are funded by rich right-wingers so it's not surprising. But you'd think the left would do a better job on social media considering left-leaning voters are younger and more educated overall.

I will say Kamala's team has been somewhat better than Biden's was tho.
The internet has always been an extremely racist place. So I don't know why you are surprise that racist right wingers are popular online.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Does anyone watch that voting trend channel on YouTube? It's kinda seeming like his models aren't that good. He keeps panicking about PA and I just looked and the margin is wider now. It doesn't really look like Republicans are closing the gap so far.
Don't know him but checked it out. Too many comparisons to 2020. This is nowhere near the same thing. Trump urged his voters to get out and vote early this time and they're doing that. And also once again. A republican vote does not automatically mean a trump vote. Remember that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Depends on turnout.

It always seemed weird to me that the right dominates social media.

Stuff like cable news and talk radio is one thing - those are funded by rich right-wingers so it's not surprising. But you'd think the left would do a better job on social media considering left-leaning voters are younger and more educated overall.

I will say Kamala's team has been somewhat better than Biden's was tho.
They are but they are fighting years of propaganda. The shyt some people be sending me in group chats be having me like - what is going on?

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Don't know him but checked it out. Too many comparisons to 2020. This is nowhere near the same thing. Trump urged his voters to get out and vote early this time and they're doing that. And also once again. A republican vote does not automatically mean a trump vote. Remember that.
I completely agree, I just thought he had some good content, but I'm questioning him now.

Daps

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Senate hasn't been decided. So, I feel like arguing about "If she going to getting anything past a Republican Senate" is playing too much into hypothetical and obviously a bad faith argument that everyone understand the outcome.
I think you are existing in a world entirely different from how people actually interact with politics but you’re trying to assume a position of “being more thoughtful and long term”. I know that the Overton window can be shifted but nothing you ever put forward suggests that or how to do that. It’s a singular analysis of this moment and not what led up to it or what comes after. So I find it strange that you are vaguely referencing making people “ready for 2026” when we are in 2024.

Moreover, you’re using misusing the term bad faith - this goes back to my point about people saying stuff on here like they’re copying and pasting. A bad faith argument means that you don’t actually believe in what you’re saying. That is entirely different than acknowledging the likelihood of a Republican senate. That doesn’t mean you say “it’s impossible” but you give people the worst case scenario. At this point, Democrats are fighting an uphill battle that would require a number of unprecedented wins - you don’t go to people who are cynical and sell them on that. Particularly when they just saw Biden have both chambers of Congress and be stifled by his own party from passing a more ambitious agenda. I am meeting people where they are at, I’m not coming on like some car salesman. If they asked certain questions, I would answer a certain way. They aren’t asking those questions.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I’m highly skeptical of this because the leaders of the Democratic Party are upper middle class who strive to be the elite. That’s who they target for elected office and who their policies support. They could do policies that are focused on the poor but instead they ended welfare and the child tax credit, among other things. And have worked with the GOP to remove others.

I'm assuming Bernie or Elizabeth Warren pass your litmus tests for being leftists (I could be wrong).

If the country is as left leaning as you think, why has Bernie Sanders not been more successful electorally?

Let's say we concede that in 2016, the DNC may have been in collusion with Clinton.

Why didnt Bernie or (Elizabeth Warren) do better in the primaries in 2020?