WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good Morning

why is this country so stupid

It’s always important to remember that the white people who “founded” this country were white people who were too stupid, too poor, too sick, or too criminal to make it in Europe. These are their bloodlines.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How does the gender gap not give you assurance?

Trump’s gambit was men and they aren’t showing up

Republicans have been encouraging their voters to vote early this round. Not to mention 2020 was an extremely weird year and lockdowns were going on.

So I'd be cautious about taking much of anything from early voting patterns. You have to make a lot of assumptions about who's voting and 2020 isn't a good baseline. If the gender gap still holds up on election day that would be different.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Republicans have been encouraging their voters to vote early this round. Not to mention 2020 was an extremely weird year and lockdowns were going on.

So I'd be cautious about taking much of anything from early voting patterns. You have to make a lot of assumptions about who's voting and 2020 isn't a good baseline. If the gender gap still holds up on election day that would be different.
If more republicans are voting early wouldn’t that create a more balanced Election Day?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean, i think you're oversimplifying the move to the center right.

Yes, Dems have moved to the center right on issues like immigration.

But Kamala is also campaigning on fighting price gouging by companies, lowering prescription drug prices, an increased child tax credit, homecare benefits for Medicare, etc.

Let's not let our narratives get in the way of the facts, some of you talk like she's running on a Joe Manchin platform.
I think many on the left of the spectrum just refuse to admit that Americans area a right wing leaning populace overall and a lot of Conservative types actually vote for Dems and there are a ton more of those types than dyed in the wool Progressives in the dem camp, our country has started to become culturally more liberal overall and I think that causes many to overestimate this into a more outwardly left wing Democratic party that is just "oppressing" the progressive wing when really many of the party's base is still fairly boring centrists with a often Conservative streak and this is who has to be catered to.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How do you reconcile the high quality polling showing her tied nationally or trailing, i remind you hillary and biden won the popular vote by over two points, polls are showing she is at best tied or slightly ahead by less than a point which is a troubling case for harris, the early voting pattern in NV is another indicator , jon ralston the guy who called the presidential race in 2020, the senate elections in 2022 and is a reliable figure says she is in trouble, the earling voting electorate in georgia shows a far more white electorate than prior, that isnt a strong indication harris is going to win, right now is possible the election is called quite early for trump on election day.

If the polls were being weighed like 2020, Harris would be up similarly in national polls. The problem is twofold. On one hand the serious, high quality pollsters are constantly over sampling unlikely or unreliable voters in order to get odd results that favor ties. On the other hand, just like in 2022 we're seeing bullshyt polls from republican firms that show ties or slight Trump leads. The aggregates like RCP throw it all in the same pool and here we are.

NV is full of older voters and anyone who has paid attention to elections knows old people vote first, younger people vote later or at the last minute. Given the huge gains democrats made in NV this past weekend, especially from Clark, it's clear what's going on. If they election was this Tuesday then sure I'd agree with Ralston. But it's not.

The Georgia numbers look good for Harris. The black numbers out of Atlanta look amazing and if you think the huge spike of young white women voting in Fulton County is good news for Trump/republicans, I have a bridge in Alaska to sell you.

The early voting numbers in MI and PA look really good for Harris as well. I haven't seen anything that gives me pause or concern yet.