WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I hope so. Georgia worries me the most out of the swing states in play. But I do understand most if not all of the crooked electoral board changes have been shot down right? so there's less blatant corruption at least
The irony is, I think her chances would be a lot worse if she was going up against a more "moderate" candidate. In the last 4 years, GA has voted a democratic president into an office, elected two Dem senators (on what, three separate occasions now? :mjlol:). They re-elected Brian Kemp but look at how he's essentially distanced himself from Trump. The demographic is changing, yes, but it's becoming very clear that GA doesn't fukk with "MAGA" on the same level that some of these other purple states do. And the MAGA republicans there trying to fukk up voting laws are only making things worse. If you told me 10 years ago that it would be a state that either candidate would be campaigning in to win the election, I wouldn't have believed you.

We went from caring about OH and FL to caring about GA & AZ. I don't even think Kamala has visited either of those states this time. I mentioned it before, but it's wild to me in retrospect that Obama carried both of those states in back to back elections.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The irony is, I think her chances would be a lot worse if she was going up against a more "moderate" candidate. In the last 4 years, GA has voted a democratic president into an office, elected two Dem senators (on what, three separate occasions now? :mjlol:). They re-elected Brian Kemp but look at how he's essentially distanced himself from Trump. The demographic is changing, yes, but it's becoming very clear that GA doesn't fukk with "MAGA" on the same level that some of these other purple states do. And the MAGA republicans there trying to fukk up voting laws are only making things worse. If you told me 10 years ago that it would be a state that either candidate would be campaigning in to win the election, I wouldn't have believed you.

We went from caring about OH and FL to caring about GA & AZ. I don't even think Kamala has visited either of those states this time. I mentioned it before, but it's wild to me in retrospect that Obama carried both of those states in back to back elections.
The recession helped Obama win Ohio in 2008 and 2012. I don't think he would win Ohio if he were the Dem nominee now.

Florida is unfortunately the perfect breeding ground for Trumpism.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think she beats Biden’s turnout in GA. Most people don’t remember they weren’t paying attention to GA like that until the last few weeks before the election. They’ve focused on it a lot more this cycle.

…Now whether it’s enough to win remains to be seen but I feel it’s more likely to be blue than NC :francis:

Agreed. I also remember the assumption from many people - Coli members, poll guys, etc - that Biden couldn't get the black voters necessary to win Georgia lol. Kamala will do even better with black people, the question is simply whether she can do well enough with white voters to pull it off. And based on this early voting data....it seems like it might be possible.