WHO WINS?

• Total voters

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Maybe these people are just stupid. Nothing Dems can offer can counteract the impact of deliberate mass information. Republicans/Trump have done NOTHING for working class people. If people cannot see this then they deserve what they get.
So how did Obama win these people? If your argument is that people are more stupid than before because of mass misinformation than it would probably behoove Democrats to regulate social media more heavily and not just bring in Zuckerburg for tough conversations.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So how did Obama win these people? If your argument is that people are more stupid than before because of mass misinformation than it would probably behoove Democrats to regulate social media more heavily and not just bring in Zuckerburg for tough conversations.
If I had my way I would regulate social media. Democrats are too p*ssy to do what needs to be done to counteract the spread of fascism. Sometimes you have to use undemocratic means to maintain democracy. Also, yes misinformation wasn't as prevalent as it was in 2008. Things are out of control and there doesn't seem to be anything being done to stop it. The richest man on the planet now controls the most used social media platform on the planet and is using it to spread misinformation and Nazi ideologies. Its pure insanity. Almost every social media platform has algorithms that favor right wing content. People are being deliberately brainwashed on a mass scale but no one in mainstream media or these milquetoast Neo-liberals in the Democratic party wants to admit it.

And things are are only going to get worse.

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
You know Trump will be worse so then vlstop complaining and vote Kamala.
Anything else is complaining for the sake of complaining
Trump will be worse therefore we shouldn't criticize our own party is the stupid shyt that had biden delusional

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they don’t understand the message then it’s the candidates fault. you don’t give up explaining something to a child until they understand. The candidates are courting their votes. This attitude that Democratic candidates shouldn’t have to reach people is why elections are close when they shouldn’t be.

Tim Walz was doing great because he was saying things in the most basic terms about the GOP. The Dems decided to sideline him for a month and told him to stop saying those things and then bring out a docile guy who humanized JD Vance in that debate last week.

That whole debate made a fukkign freak like JD Vance seem NORMAL.

Playing up "decorum" is how we make insane positions palatable.

But in this thread will be like "Bu..bu.... say nice things!!".

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The Great Recession helped a lot. Also, McCain and Romney were regular politicians. Trump is not.

Trump voters like his "no nonsense" and "bombastic" speeches. Also, Trump "triggers the libs" in a way that McCain and Romney didn't, and many Trumpers love that.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Maybe these people are just stupid. Nothing Dems can offer can counteract the impact of deliberate mass information. Republicans/Trump have done NOTHING for working class people. If people cannot see this then they deserve what they get.
I know how people feel about him, but Roland Martin pointed it out that these working class union members are mostly white.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But Obama didn’t win these people. Not really. The most gifted politician in generations was only able to get 43% of the white vote in 2008.

But in 2012, after the backlash against a black president, he only received 39% of the white vote.

Obama won by energizing his base not by converting white voters.

57%-60% of white voters will vote Republican even if you offered them the moon. Yall need to stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
The Great Recession helped a lot. Also, McCain and Romney were regular politicians. Trump is not.

Trump voters like his "no nonsense" and "bombastic" speeches. Also, Trump "triggers the libs" in a way that McCain and Romney didn't, and many Trumpers love that.
And doing that shyt will fcck you in the end when it comes to foreign policy. There's a reason why Russia and Hungary are predomintly closed off to the world

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I know how people feel about him, but Roland Martin pointed it out that these working class union members are mostly white.
And alot of them have this instilled fear that they can't do what they did to PoC's decades prior and the fact that they've caught up to them education-wise, job-wise, and financially.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
But Obama didn’t win these people. Not really. The most gifted politician in generations was only able to get 43% of the white vote in 2008.

But in 2012, after the backlash against a black president, he only received 39% of the white vote.

Obama won by energizing his base not by converting white voters.

57%-60% of white voters will vote Republican even if you offered them the moon. Yall need to stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt.
I don’t mean he won a majority, I’m speaking to the fact that he didn’t do this poorly. He won a lot of those people. And that by his own words, his goal was to not lose those people in a landslide. Fam, you’ve read my posts on here for years - yet, whenever I make a very obvious retort against a centrist line of thinking you respond as if you lack the ability to see the point I’m making and like you’re talking to some political neophyte.

It’s pedantic despite your best intentions. And at worst you’re enabling people to be politically lazy. Whenever you do this we end up wasting space talking about nothing (which is why I’m not even going to bother reading those other posts that quoted me piggybacking off your misrepresentation). I am not, nor do I expect you, or any regular poster on here to write a treatise distilling the core of their points every time they post when it’s well established. Like nikkas have jobs; read between the lines once you know who someone is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
This would sink a normal candidate…I mean they’d be down double digits in the polls behind these quotes smh

It's weird how the black guy running for governor in North Carolina is looking like lunch meat after his comments and scandals and yet Trump some how gets away with it and is almost dead even with Kamala.

America is in a f*cked up period right now.