WHO WINS?

• Total voters
Daps
Sure, but the problems of this era of America goes back to what happened in 2008 and how nothing was done for those that were irreparably injured with loss of homes.

Factory after factory was closed and moved overseas, many people broke their backs for companies and ended up losing their pensions.

And how the elected officials just put their hands in their pockets.

A lane opened for a con artist who could talk a good game, and Trump entered the room.

shyt even now, Trump tried to upset the order of our democracy in 2021 and yet is still allowed to run for president, and he has a damn good chance of winning, due to the establishment not taking things seriously.

You all can keep asking these questions or keep calling those people idiots, but a lot of them been injured and no one has done anything. I think a lot of them fall back on hatred and resentment, but a lot of them just want someone to "shake things up," because the status quo isn't working. This thing needs to be broken and repaired. Trump isn't that guy, but neither is Kamala Harris.

edit: it’s also not Dr. Cornell West. It’s not Bernie Sanders. It’s not AOC. It’s not Josh Hawley. It’s all
of us. We have to start taking this shyt seriously and being engaged throughout and not accepting bullshyt.
I think we often can take for granted just how unaware a lot of people are about shyt that doesnt impact their day to day. All of us can be blown away that people consider Trump anti-establishment, especially after being president of the establishment, but he just lies and lies. If youre years deep in the Trump cult its not like one day youre going to go "Huh, this guy is exhibiting sociopathic qualities and may not actually care about me." For that reason I had hoped Biden didnt make too much of his platform "returning to normal" because the can of worms is open and a new normal has to be established

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Progressives: "Please stop supporting genocide and courting warmongering Republicans"

Democrats: "No."

Higher Learning: "THERE'S NO MAKING THESE PEOPLE HAPPY!"

This is actually an excellent representation of what the problem is with this conversation.

You are taking a moral stance against genocide and "warmongering", which is not wrong for you personally and your feelings.

The reality is that US Foreign Relations are not governed strictly on morals and feelings, there is more nuance to these decisions and actions that we either know or care about.

Being critical of the Biden Administration on this isn't a bad thing but where the Coli and other criticism comes into play is the lack of practicality in someone who was planning to vote D not doing so because of their feelings on this issue.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trump told these people the factories were coming back. They voted for him. The factories didn't come back. The factories aren't coming back.

So now 8 years later.... when these same people vote for Trump we just chalk it up to factories? It's way more complex than that.. I think these white people are fine with being broke as long as black Americans aren't benefitting in any real way. They just want to have someone to punch down on. Whether it's race, gender, transexuals, "libs"...

I also don't believe these people were ever normal and then turned radical. I agree they were ripe to be picked by a con man but they were never the brightest or the kindest to begin with.
I have zero faith in ever winning these people over. These are people who value the privileges of whiteness, real or psychological…consciously or unconsciously, above all else.

And I believe this represents a good 50%-60% percent of white voters.

Democrats need to accept the fact that these people will fight tooth and nail for policies that benefit them materially and move accordingly.

You always have to ask yourself why poor whites who were the majority and didn’t own any slaves, whose economic situation was actually worsened by the institution of slavery, were willing to die so valiantly to maintain the institution. Thats the sick psychology of white supremacy that are still dealing with today.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is actually an excellent representation of what the problem is with this conversation.

You are taking a moral stance against genocide and "warmongering", which is not wrong for you personally and your feelings.

The reality is that US Foreign Relations are not governed strictly on morals and feelings, there is more nuance to these decisions and actions that we either know or care about.

Being critical of the Biden Administration on this isn't a bad thing but where the Coli and other criticism comes into play is the lack of practicality in someone who was planning to vote D not doing so because of their feelings on this issue.

Im a voter not a subject. Im not just going to with their policies like they are edicts from a King.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Im a voter not a subject. Im not just going to with their policies like they are edicts from a King.
And that's exactly the point, you can have the strongest feelings about a conflict on the other side of the globe and the people involved. But as a voter, there are several other practical matters that will directly affect you and your vote.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Why is the assumption that everybody who dislikes Biden's foreign policy on Israel wants a Trump presidency?

I've voted a straight Dem ticket every election since I was old enough (except in 2010 when I forgot and shyt :skip:) and I'll do the same this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to criticize a policy that I think is unethical. If Kamala wins and nothing changes I'll still complain, and if Trump wins and nothing changes I'll still complain (but probably more since he'll likely be worse).

40k+ dead civilians is unacceptable regardless of who's in charge.
I don’t think that was the point being made by the poster but I appreciate your thoughts.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what do you suggest? Lie and tell people whatever they want to hear? Cause that's what Trump does.
Do we have a choice? If we tell them they can't deport 20 million people, there will be riots. Americans are stupid and suffer from the same empire delusions the UK does now. Their decline is just beginning.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
He was right about Biden dropping out in terms of the timing

He is talking to people

:hubie: @No1 might have more inside baseball from his campaign sources
He only got the Biden stuff partially right. He also said that Jon Meacham was going to be writing Biden's speech and a whole bunch of other nonsense.

Regardless, he's not credible otherwise. He's just a Republican hack.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Bottomline, this is less about a division between moderates and progressives than it is a debate between adults and nihilistic children.

If you are willing to risk a Trump presidency, you are not as serious about progressive ideals as you claim to be. A Trump presidency will lead to multiple steps back in every area progressives are concerned about including the environment, racial justice, women's rights, wealth inequality, etc.

Biden has been terrible on his Israel policy and I do not think Kamala will be better. But based on his 1st term, I do know that Trump will be worse.

You think things are bad now? Wait until the Trump admin allows a full on and unequivocal annexation of the West Bank in order to satisfy Miriam Adelson.

Do not claim to care about the Palestinians if you are willing to risk a Trump Presidency. There are two choices in this election and one will lead to a worse outcome for Palestinians. So those of you who are more concerned about preserving your ideological purity than the actual well being of Palestinians are full of shyt and more interested in lecturing from your high horse than you are concerned the people you claim to care about.
You know Trump will be worse so then vlstop complaining and vote Kamala.
Anything else is complaining for the sake of complaining

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

This post is pundit brain. “Hey look, you can be mad at our foreign policy, but it’s not changing and there isn’t anything you can or should do about it.”

It’s an anti-democratic position

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This post is pundit brain. “Hey look, you can be mad at our foreign policy, but it’s not changing and there isn’t anything you can or should do about it.”

It’s an anti-democratic position

Leveraging your vote would make perfect sense if there was a candidate to put your vote with who had real intentions to shift foreign policy. We all know there isn't such a candidate.

We dog pile any other single issue voter for being short-sighted but somehow calling this out is anti-democratic.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Leveraging your vote would make perfect sense if there was a candidate to put your vote with who had real intentions to shift foreign policy. We all know there isn't such a candidate.

We dog pile any other single issue voter for being short-sighted but somehow calling this out is anti-democratic.
There wasn’t a serious democratic presidential primary this year which a lot of you supported. The only option was uncommitted which a lot of you said was stupid.