WHO WINS?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So what’s your solution? Should we rescind their right to vote?

the point I and others are making that this shyt is broken.

No, I agree that you have to find ways to appeal to people in rural America, the suburbs of the North wall etc. and I think some of Kamala's policies have addressed that, they are addressing people in that tax bracket but I don't think they understand the message or worse don't care about the message because it's from the "wrong" messenger... Look at how many of these people think it was Trump that gave them "$1200" checks. They want to believe it.

But there's a lot of people that should be courted... Look how many Black Americans don't vote in Louisiana and Alabama. People write off those states as a "pipedream" .... it's ridiculous. Put the effort in.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I feel like we had this argument months ago and you just ignored how many basic cabinet seats could go to Generic Moderate Republican without anyone caring. Nobody cares if Lisa Murkowski becomes Secretary Of The Interior, or some republican becomes Transportation Secretary. Literally nobody gives a shyt about this beyond a handful of gripers on the internet.
I remember the argument months ago about this. I didn't ignore the idea that many people won't give a shyt if "basic cabinet seats" go to Generic Moderate Republicans. I said it's bad regardless and has no upside other than rehabilitating a dangerous and toxic ideology. A Generic Moderate Republican is a dangerous extremist who should be ostracized from the levers of power in this country, not given "token" positions to coddle their ego. And there really aren't any token Cabinet positions, they all have some degree of power to improve or make worse the lives of people in this society.

The rationale for accepting decisions from the President cannot just be "Well, nobody will connect the dots if this decision goes poorly" or "This decision may not be actively good, but it's not actively terrible." We should expect our political leaders to be pushing as hard and far as possible in the direction of the good. When they don't do that, they should be heavily criticized and made to change direction. Allowing Kamala to give Republicans a little power as a treat is such a toxic idea, and speaks to a deeper, structural problem with her understanding of the political landscape and her role in political life at this moment in history. Even if the role she gives this Republican is completely devoid of actual power, the mere symbolism is so noxious and damaging to our political life.

My issue is simply that it lines up with Kamala and the party's approach to a lot of things: if we put someone in your face who looks like you (in this case, republicans), you'll be happy. Doesn't matter that this republican would almost certainly have the least consequential cabinet position imaginable.
Yeah, this is a very bad approach to politics and should be called out and condemned.

My only concerns about a Kamala cabinet; Blinken should be shytcanned immediately, and Tom Vilsack gotta go. And get Garland out of DOJ. I'm sure she will pick her own people regardless but if just about everyone else stayed outside of those three I'd be fine with it.
I agree that Blinken and Garland are utter disasters, who should be thrown out on day 1. Blinken should probably be in jail if we're being honest.

King Kreole

Daps
Kamala’s move to court suburban republicans is also in part because her party isn’t going to put forward policies that substantively change the lives of those sorts of people. The one chance they had to do that in 2021 was killed by Joe Manchin. And there’s no conceivable path to passing anything of that sort in the next two years.
This is a key point.

King Kreole

Daps
Trump told these people the factories were coming back. They voted for him. The factories didn't come back. The factories aren't coming back.

So now 8 years later.... when these same people vote for Trump we just chalk it up to factories? It's way more complex than that.. I think these white people are fine with being broke as long as black Americans aren't benefitting in any real way. They just want to have someone to punch down on. Whether it's race, gender, transexuals, "libs"...
Why does Trump have a more diverse group of supporters now than 8 years ago?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
they are addressing people in that tax bracket but I don't think they understand the message or worse don't care about the message because it's from the "wrong" messenger...
If they don’t understand the message then it’s the candidates fault. you don’t give up explaining something to a child until they understand. The candidates are courting their votes. This attitude that Democratic candidates shouldn’t have to reach people is why elections are close when they shouldn’t be.

Tim Walz was doing great because he was saying things in the most basic terms about the GOP. The Dems decided to sideline him for a month and told him to stop saying those things and then bring out a docile guy who humanized JD Vance in that debate last week.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Why does Trump have a more diverse group of supporters now than 8 years ago?
His “diverse” groups are the analogous redneck MAGA of each racial group. For example he appeals to hood nikkas that never voted in the past or were apolitical. Excuse my harsh language but he only appeals to the ignorant of each racial group. Educated people are not switching to Trump

King Kreole

Daps
I really don't get the big deal in Kamala having an anti-Trump Republican in her Cabinet
Under the best, most generous light she's saying that Republicans are a worthwhile party who should be countenanced and accepted as worthy members of a healthy political landscape. This is a terrible, godawful idea.