2023 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Old man status got the best of me last night and I fell asleep. :russell: Just watched the last quarter. This had to be one of the worst AS games I’ve ever seen. At no point did anyone try. Want to see the best play the best not whatever this was. Like a glorified shoot around. Best thing was the concert in the middle, Janelle, and Canada booty. :scust:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:mjlol:HOFers like Chuck are literally on record saying they went through the motions for 3 quarters and got serious in the 4th when it got tight.

You're making shyt up. In the slower paced/low volume three point shooting era ASGs were regularly going in the 125-140s. Ain't no ASG was a defensive struggle from the tip. Stop
Go watch the games. They were at least putting in a light workout with some defense. And late 70s early 80s games were even more intense. You can put on a show, and play defense...but these qode open everything is ridiculous.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah you just a young hooper! We didnt do this shyt. Exactly why I said game of telephone. Young nggas saw a ‘clear out’ but it’d be like a 1-4 flat. You give them the rock and give them some ROOM but you don’t vacate the court entirely :why:

If it does get to that point it’s usually everybody’s last game and any real hooper has heard those words when it’s just cats up n down no defense ‘alright yll gon play forreal or what’. :stopitslime: We losin recipes
Man get this white boy babble out my face "give them some room" and face wack nikkas dapped this fugazi shyt paragraph yea you dont play

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem with All Star weekend is it's over produced.

This generation has no attention span. Keep everything short and simple.

The energy was down cuz people on their phones not paying attention with so much going on

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem with All Star weekend is it's over produced.

This generation has no attention span. Keep everything short and simple.

The energy was down cuz people on their phones not paying attention with so much going on
I agree with keeping it simple, but naw this has nothing to do with a short attention span generation. The format is just trash and people don’t like it

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
As someone who LOVES defense, like at times I love it just as much as offense... I just can't bring myself to really care about defense being played in the All Star game :pachaha:

If defense is played, cool. If not, then :manny:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I agree with keeping it simple, but naw this has nothing to do with a short attention span generation. The format is just trash and people don’t like it

Well if you keep it simple and change the format the product will be better and people will be viewing the product in attendance.

Everything felt like one big corporate sponsorship the entire weekend.

Skills challenge is to complicated now.

Giannis brothers can't get minutes in an actual game. So why they in the skills competition? To sell a story nobody cares about. It diminished the product.

Why broadcast the team selection before the game started? shyt just dragged on. Ernie seemed like he wanted it to end.

Then after the draft you got multiple performances and then 2 national anthems before the game even starts.

Same with halftime. The performance was the best part of the weekend but another Lebron celebration was too much.

It was just a boring weekend and in all places they select boring ass Utah.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
tatum when he learned the allstar mvp trophy was renamed after kobe

QRZcF2m_d.png