2023 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The league acts as if the only thing that matters is the championship and that’s how I’m starting to treat it. I really don’t watch regular season games anymore. What’s the point, damn near 70% of the teams make this new playoff system. 82 games to eliminate 10 teams is a complete waste of time.

I’ll start watching again when the actual playoffs start, and not that play-in nonsense.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Adam silver is an idiot. Once you show you listen to everyone’s wild ideas it never stops and the game becomes too gimmicky. He’s trying to force competitiveness. Leave the fukking game alone

-Play in tournament
-Rookie game to USA vs the world to 3 separate games
-50+ years of East vs west to now drafting teams
-Target score

He’s done all this in what 3 years. He’s catering to the bill Simmons and analytics crowd :mjpls:its ruining the game

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, you’re an idiot. Barkley is on tnt for comedic relief, not insight. Youve mentioned Paul Pierce in this thread more times, than i have. Maybe you should take Pierce’s dikk out of your mouth and actually watch basketball games.

Never said I was a sports writer either, just simply correcting you on your idiotic comments.
:mjlol: You’re really trying to argue that your take on a game is more insightful than an actual participant of said game. Your delusion knows no bounds.

Those guys were trying so hard on defense that they were scoring 140-150 points consistently in an era where nobody shot threes at a high clip. You are shockingly dumb

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I’ve had league pass for free when I purchased 2k and I never even logged in..it’s just a terrible product

I watch the National games and the local games (Knicks/nets) and I’m not craving to watch more
asuka-dont-care.gif

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Adam silver is an idiot. Once you show you listen to everyone’s wild ideas it never stops and the game becomes too gimmicky. He’s trying to force competitiveness. Leave the fukking game alone

-Play in tournament
-Target score

He’s done all this in what 3 years. He’s catering to the bill Simmons and analytics crowd :mjpls:its ruining the game

Play in has been a ratings success

The Friday night game was always changing formats under Stern. First it was a legends game, then it was East rookies vs. West rookies, then rookies vs. sophomores, then it was Shaq & Chuck drafting teams of rookies & sophomores

East-West got changed because the talent gap had gotten too big and the West was dominating every year. You had Lowry, IT and Kemba going against Steph, Russ and CP3 lol

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. People need to stop trying to blame the fans for why nba viewership is down. A lot of these players really on some give me my money fukk the fans shyt. A lot of them legit don’t even like the fans. Thankfully we got young blood like Ant-Man speaking out on this and dedicating himself to playing every game. He a real one. It’s the NBA players fault period
KD is the rig leader of the "fukk the fans" culture we see now and he is not shy about saying it. You'll still have posters on here defending KD and saying "fukk the fans, get your money black man" :dead:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think it's a bigger issue than only the All-Star game. It'll be interesting to see the viewer numbers. Part of me thinks the lack of fan interest in the game (as in the NBA game in general) has to do with the league getting taller. The average person is under 6' and they want to see shorter players win big.

Curry and the Warriors along with Kyrie brought that feeling back of shorter players dominating, but now you got all these tall centers and wings hitting logo shots and I think some people low key turned off by it. Add to it the game getting more international, and there's less reason for the average American to care about it.

Exactly. People need to stop trying to blame the fans for why nba viewership is down. A lot of these players really on some give me my money fukk the fans shyt. A lot of them legit don’t even like the fans. Thankfully we got young blood like Ant-Man speaking out on this and dedicating himself to playing every game. He a real one. It’s the NBA players fault period
This as well. Silver is a players' owner, not a fans' owner and enabled a lot of this.

Additionally, when you have stars (mentioning no names because it's more than one) acting like the dunk contest is lame and don't want to compete in it then that kind of mentality will spread to other aspects. It's like Bruce Lee once said: when you put limits on something it won't stop there and that habit of placing limits will spread to everything else in your life.

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

-Play in tournament
-Target score

The drafting shyt is dumb af like i stated before. In 2009 Dwight got the most all star votes.. Shaq also made the all star team in 2009.. you think Shaq would play for team Dwight? :mjlol:

Or Isiah Thomas playing for team Jordan?:mjlol:

Nonsense

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
KD is the rig leader of the "fukk the fans" culture we see now and he is not shy about saying it. You'll still have posters on here defending KD and saying "fukk the fans, get your money black man" :dead:

KD actually plays though. He doesn’t sit out unless there is a legit issue.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think it's a bigger issue than only the All-Star game. It'll be interesting to see the viewer numbers. Part of me thinks the lack of fan interest in the game has to do with the league getting taller. The average person is under 6' and they want to see shorter players win big.

Curry and the Warriors along with Kyrie brought that feeling back of shorter players dominating, but now you got all these tall centers and wings hitting logo shots and I think some people low key turned off by it. Add to it the game getting more international, and there's less reason for the average American to care about it.
man I don’t think height has anything to do with this :laff: :laff: