1/7/13 First Raw of 2013 - Simply Put..Prepare To Be ELECTRIFIED!

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
But he didn't do it last year w/ Cena so why would he do it now?

Rock aint Jake the Snake or Arn Anderson.

He's a crowd pleasing, catchphrasing,, silly clowning type of promo.

Don't look for something that isn't there.

Yeah, maybe his jokes are just getting cornier. For me they sound too forced and outdated.

Daps
You know he's gonna mix in jokes with seriousness. I think he did too much of the joke thing tonight. He started off well but he messed with the cookiepus shyt and it was :mindblown:

But he didn't though, because we're all grown men here and we know Cookiepuss is silly.

But trust me, that's the new fruity pebbles and the fans gonna eat this shyt up, because Rock knows the crowd, and he knows the dumb ass crowd just loves to chant shyt.

Why you think Ryback got so over "FEED ME MORE"

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
But what did you expect? That is The Rock.

He's not some straight shooter type of guy, he's the funny guy wrestler. This isn't anything new.

He did a great job with being serious at times but still bringing what the fans love about The Rock. He was true to himself

Yeah but...come on...I mean, he was saying a whole bunch of nothing here. At least Punk's rant had some kind of merit. Rock was doing the same er..."shuckin' and jivin'" Punk was talking about.

I think that Rock OD'd on the corny jokes. Like another poster said, he could've schooled Punk, seeing that The Rock himself has fought the best and sprinkled a couple jokes here and there for dopeness.

In anycase, Rock's jokes usually work well in a segment where the atmosphere isn't as serious. I guess it's because of how Punk set the tone for that whole promo with his "Real Talk" that made The Rock coming out and clowning around look even more ridiculous.

Daps
Yeah, maybe his jokes are just getting cornier. For me they sound too forced and outdated.

How old are you?

His jokes aren't getting cornier, you're just growing up.

I said this countless times, we always look back on the attitude era with these rose colored glasses, but shyt was awesome then because most of us were immature and teenagers.

I`m damn near 30, telling a man to "Suck it" or "Putting your foot up there candy ass" is nowhere near as funny as it was to me at 15

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
It's just like TSC to highlight a few wack lines and pretend like it was the worst promo they've ever heard because they had higher standards for a particular performer. Hyperbole is the name of the game here, but Rock did fine.

It's also just like TSC to overreact to a few lines they connect to Hip-Hop culture ('box with god', 'shuck n jive') and pretend like it was the best promo they ever heard. More overreaction. But Punk went in, no doubt.

Who wins? The fans.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just thought about something; If Punk beats Rock at the Rumble, and finds a way around Elimination Chamber, he may just walk into WrestleMania as being the holder of the WWE Championship for over FIVE. HUNDRED. DAYS.

If that goes down... :blessed:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
How old are you?

I said this countless times, we always look back on the attitude era with these rose colored glasses, but shyt was awesome then because most of us were immature and teenagers.

I`m damn near 30, telling a man to "Suck it" or "Putting your foot up there candy ass" is nowhere near as funny as it was to me at 15

:pachaha: yeah, you ain't lying. I'll just leave it at that. The age is catching up to me. :wow::upsetfavre:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
:laff: @ all the bashing of The Rock's promo. It's amazing how Rock set the bar so high and is held to such a higher standard than the rest of the industry that anytime he doesn't COMPLETELY dismantle the competiton X 1000 it's considered an automatic L for him :deadrose: But that's the price you pay for being the GOAT.:obamasmirk:

This shyt is so reminiscent of Rock/Cena buildup last year wih nikkas saying "Punk killed The Rock" "Rock ain't ain't the same" or "Punk 1 Rock 0" It's hilarious how you people sit on edge and wait for GREATNESS to fail..to no avail. Fact is, BOTH did what they were suppose to do and that's deliver GREAT promos to sell the PPV, CENA needs to take notes from Punk.

I know one thing, NO other superstar past or present brings out this level of passion on TSC and amongst the IWC, not Austin, Hogan, Flair, HBK, Angle...NOBODY. only THE ROCK....only GREATNESS....job well done:rockylaugh:

Daps
Yeah but...come on...I mean, he was saying a whole bunch of nothing here.

When has he said anything?

I was never a big fan of The Rock, but I can enjoy his schpeal nowadays because he still delivers promos well.

But he's always been a cut and paste promo with goofy catchphrases and silly terms.

Stop looking for something that isn't there. Khali aint having a 5 star match anytime soon.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
But he didn't though, because we're all grown men here and we know Cookiepuss is silly.

But trust me, that's the new fruity pebbles and the fans gonna eat this shyt up, because Rock knows the crowd, and he knows the dumb ass crowd just loves to chant shyt.

Why you think Ryback got so over "FEED ME MORE"

FEED ME MORE is so much better than cookiepuss. That shyt is POOPYHEAD bad!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but...come on...I mean, he was saying a whole bunch of nothing here. At least Punk's rant had some kind of merit. Rock was doing the same er..."shuckin' and jivin'" Punk was talking about.

I think that Rock OD'd on the corny jokes. Like another poster said, he could've schooled Punk, seeing that The Rock himself has fought the best and sprinkled a couple jokes here and there for dopeness.

In anycase, Rock's jokes usually work well in a segment where the atmosphere isn't as serious. I guess it's because of how Punk set the tone for that whole promo with his "Real Talk" that made The Rock coming out and clowning around look even more ridiculous.

I was telling my boy The same thing . Rock would of worked better if he rock bottomed him quicker or got punk out the ring maybe up the ramp . His style is very crowd oriented he needs there full attention ... That and tone down the corniness.
Punk was sitting there like a battle rapper no selling and made rock look out of touch

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
How old are you?

Yeah. I've noticed this, it's HARD for a lot of the immature jokey joke shyt to hold up. I hate to see some of my favorites come back cause every appearance slowly makes me realize that not only is the attitude era not coming back, but some of it may have only been as great due to a perfect storm of elements (i.e. my age, the shock culture, etc.)

Daps
FEED ME MORE is so much better than cookiepuss. That shyt is POOPYHEAD bad!

Point is, it's something to chant. And they will chant it.

Fruity Pebble was as silly as you can get, and now Cena has a cereal deal out of it and it became a famous term in WWE history.

The people are simple, don't ever overestimate them. These are the same people who vote for president off of slogans