1/7/13 First Raw of 2013 - Simply Put..Prepare To Be ELECTRIFIED!

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Point is, it's something to chant. And they will chant it.

Fruity Pebble was as silly as you can get, and now Cena has a cereal deal out of it and it became a famous term in WWE history.

The people are simple, don't ever overestimate them. These are the same people who vote for president off of slogans

If you read this post in the Jokers voice it's menacing and hilarious but truthful

-P-

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
It's just like TSC to highlight a few wack lines and pretend like it was the worst promo they've ever heard because they had higher standards for a particular performer. Hyperbole is the name of the game here, but Rock did fine.

It's also just like TSC to overreact to a few lines they connect to Hip-Hop culture ('box with god', 'shuck n jive') and pretend like it was the best promo they ever heard. More overreaction. But Punk went in, no doubt.

Who wins? The fans.

Did you listen to Punk? The fans don't win, he wins. :ufdup:

Daps
Yeah. I've noticed this, it's HARD for a lot of the immature jokey joke shyt to hold up. I hate to see some of my favorites come back cause every appearance slowly makes me realize that not only is the attitude era not coming back, but some of it may have only been as great due to a perfect storm of elements (i.e. my age, the shock culture, etc.)[/COLOR][/FONT]

There's a few guys who were legit funny who their act held up as I got older.

The #1 wrestler whose comedy act held up is Ric Flair, followed closely by Austin. It was never catchphrases with them. Their mannerisms delivery, facial expressions and overall craziness makes them forever hilarious.

Everyone else kinda has lost their luster, DX/nWo especially. I`d say Rocky but I was never crazy about the guy in the first place, he made me chuckle a bit tonight though

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Cookiepuss makes kung pow bytch seem respectable :laugh:

Yeah that shyt can work on a corny troll like Cena because he'll play it up and use it later. Ain't gonna work on a guy like Punk, especially when he's sitting there like :hmm: just waiting for an opening. Like I said, Rock better go back to his mountain retreat and rethink things. I said before that if Punk has THREE good promos in him he can beat Rock.....this was #1 .

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
There's a few guys who were legit funny who their act held up as I got older.

The #1 wrestler whose comedy act held up is Ric Flair, followed closely by Austin. It was never catchphrases with them. Their mannerisms delivery, facial expressions and overall craziness makes them forever hilarious.

Everyone else kinda has lost their luster, DX/nWo especially. I`d say Rocky but I was never crazy about the guy in the first place, he made me chuckle a bit tonight though

Austin is probably my #1 for coming back. Even if it's just a beer, stunner, leave...

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
im more concerned about us knocking these servers down, are we safe for the future? i like this place :to:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laff: @ all the bashing of The Rock's promo. It's amazing how Rock set the bar so high and is held to such a higher standard than the rest of the industry that anytime he doesn't COMPLETELY dismantle the competiton X 1000 it's considered an automatic L for him :deadrose: But that's the price you pay for being the GOAT.:obamasmirk:

This shyt is so reminiscent of Rock/Cena buildup last year wih nikkas saying "Punk killed The Rock" "Rock ain't ain't the same" or "Punk 1 Rock 0" It's hilarious how you people sit on edge and wait for GREATNESS to fail..to no avail. Fact is, BOTH did what they were suppose to do and that's deliver GREAT promos to sell the PPV, CENA needs to take notes from Punk.

I know one thing, NO other superstar past or present brings out this level of passion on TSC and amongst the IWC, not Austin, Hogan, Flair, HBK, Flair...NOBODY. only THE ROCK....only GREATNESS....job well done:rockylaugh:

The promo wasn't bad aside from the corny lines. Dudes are going overboard. This feud is gonna be a lot better because we actually a heel and Punk can sit there and take the Rock's jokes (like a heel is supposed to) without getting emotional about it. That exchange was better than anything Rock/Cena did last year.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Yep, switch up your flow your shyt is garbage. Cena even knows when to turn it off, even if it is rare.

Yep, that's when he'll get the occasional pop even from the smarks that hate him.

In the next couple of weeks, Rock is gonna have to eventually switch up against Punk's no selling self.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The promo wasn't bad aside from the corny lines. Dudes are going overboard. This feud is gonna be a lot better because we actually a heel and Punk can sit there and take the Rock's jokes (like a heel is supposed to) without getting emotional about it. That exchange was better than anything Rock/Cena did last year.

The official line last year was Cena didn't take Rock's promos seriously enough. This whole Punk/Rock/Cena dynamic is exposing so many things right now. It's beautiful. File servers filling up fast.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The official line last year was Cena didn't take Rock's promos seriously enough. This whole Punk/Rock/Cena dynamic is exposing so many things right now. It's beautiful. File servers filling up fast.

Go on.

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. I've noticed this, it's HARD for a lot of the immature jokey joke shyt to hold up. I hate to see some of my favorites come back cause every appearance slowly makes me realize that not only is the attitude era not coming back, but some of it may have only been as great due to a perfect storm of elements (i.e. my age, the shock culture, etc.)

That's why I feel that Austin was even better in retrospect. He truly appealed to all demographics. 13 year old me was :laff: at his insults, and damn near 30 year old me still enjoys his schtick.