Zoe Saldana secretly marries new CaC boyfriend

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
That's bullshyt. Yeah, Dominicans will say that, but not Jamaicans. Go to Jamaica and tell them that they aren't black. FYI I'm currently in the Caribbean and every single person that's black identifies as such.
well i guess thats probably it, in america, black= aa/descendant of african slaves in america

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
[quote="GreatestLaker, post: 5355255, member: 83African west Indian
an American. Born and raised.

Afro-Caribbean, Africans etc always identified as black. :comeon:[/quote]
But are you black american or second generation african

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly my point. Nobody before american blacks embraced the word black like that. A jamaican will tell you to your face that hes not black hes jamaican same thing with dominicans. And they're absolutely right

If you ask someone whats ethnicity and they and they say Jamaican or Dominican that person is an idiot:heh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I truly hate this c00nin' ass bytch and hope that she dies.What an embarrassment.

It's unbelievable that she's playing Nina Simone.

I've always hated when these spics and oreos are given the roles of black people, but this one is just out of line.

She's so fukking stupid. :snoop: This bytch is all about that color blind bullshyt but when she first popped she was playing the role of an African American.

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
black in the american context means black american descendant of american slaves. Zoe saldana is not black in that sense. Black is very much a distinctive cultural identifier aswell
:snoop:You stupid fukk:stopitslime:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
She's so fukking stupid. :snoop: This bytch is all about that color blind bullshyt but when she first popped she was playing the role of an African American.

So true, she's all about being "I'm Latina" until a significant black role pops up, than all of a sudden she's "doing it for her sisters and brothers" :

Her body language and facial expressions during this interview....:laugh: She needs to just admit that she's oscar hunting.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
So true, she's all about being "I'm Latina" until a significant black role pops up, than all of a sudden she's "doing it for her sisters and brothers" :

Her body language and facial expressions during this interview....:laugh: She needs to just admit that she's oscar hunting.

If she's so "down" why did she claim reverse racism when she was cast as Nina Simone and wore prosthetics and fukking black face to portray her?

86b29__ninasimone3.jpg

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

That's like getting mad at a Jamaican for being all "West Indian".

You dudes kill me with this stupid shyt.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
If she's so "down" why did she claim reverse racism when she was cast as Nina Simone and wore prosthetics and fukking black face to portray her?

86b29__ninasimone3.jpg

Hell, Star Trek is another one, I've talked about this before...that should have been given to an African American. Uhuru was a legitimate black woman, not some "latina". She was also built like a goddess, as opposed to stick figure Zoe.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Hell, Star Trek is another one, I've talked about this before...that should have been given to an African American. Uhuru was a legitimate black woman, not some "latina". She was also built like a goddess, as opposed to stick figure Zoe.
Why is Zoe not a "legitimate black woman"?

What the fukk? :bryan:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Why is Zoe not a "legitimate black woman"?

What the fukk? :bryan:

Black American aka African American.

We need to stop claiming her because she keeps using our community to get her roles. Hopefully they dry up and she goes away.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
So only African Americans are "legitimate black people". Is that what y'all are saying? Do you know how fukking ignorant that sounds?

Whatever, I sincerely don't care. At the end of the day, it's taken us years just to get to African American, so our group of people identify ourselves as black and plus don't act y'all are down for it either. A Dominican would probably feel more comfortable as being called Latino than black.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Whatever, I sincerely don't care. At the end of the day, it's taken us years just to get to African American, so our group of people identify ourselves as black and plus don't act y'all are down for it either. A Dominican would probably feel more comfortable as being called Latino than black.
:dead:

I got no words for you. This is fukking hilarious to me.