Zoe Saldana secretly marries new CaC boyfriend

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
When did i ever imply that they didnt. Blacks in america didnt have a name to identify with so we chose black. No one else in the diaspora used black as an identity the way americans did. In fact we are the only blacks in the diaspora that didnt have a name to identify with. Most blacks in the uk and other countries came from the caribbean or an african country

Bingo, African and Caribbean people do not classify themselves as black until became conscious and have the black experience...which I call baptism by fire. My parents grew into the black consciousness after living the US since the early-mid 1970s. My dad is probably the strongest hybrid of black American and African culture that you will ever see in your life. He has been here for over 40 years. His vinyl collection of soul and RnB music sh!ts on 90% of black Americans in his age group. My dad lived in 3rd Ward the heart of black Houston on the southside for many years and this was went sh!t was really crackin in H-town and highest murder rate in the US. He saw how the black man was being denied jobs and being isolated by cacs, then cacs bringing drugs into the hood. He said he saw cacs coming from downtown after work on Friday/Saturday nights to buy cocaine, this was right when the War on Drugs started by Nixon. Then he saw crack cocaine come out of nowhere before he moved out the hood when I was born. His social understanding of the worldwide black struggle is crazy, because he understands the black struggle inside and outside Amerikkka.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
If you're not a descendant of slaves who were brought over to the colonies, you wouldn't understand but keep laughing. Slaves brought over into the new world took on their colonizer's language, culture, and names. The English let us know we were black and drilled it into our minds that we are subhuman, with Latinos they're convinced they're Spanish (and mixed with them freely and also to a much higher degree), with Carribeans you've convinced y'all selves you've kept your African culture so y'all call y'allselves West Indian or whatever. It's a different situation. We're all of Afro descent, we've just had different outcomes and views of our identities. It's nothing to laugh about, it's actually quite sad.
They say they are West Indian, because of their geographic location. Has nothing to do with African culture. Whites, Indians, Natives, Chinese Caribbean people all say they are West Indian. It literally has nothing to do with one's race. Majority of the black people in the WI identify as black. This whole thing about only African-Americans embracing black as an identity is utter bullshyt. Afro-Caribbean people have been identifying as black since the slavery days.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Stupid bed wench whore shyt on the black race AGAIN during a new interview!!!!

http://oceandrive.com/personalities/articles/zoe-saldana-on-playing-nina-simone

Yet as with many things in her life, the job came with some obstacles. When news broke that Saldana signed on, haters quickly started in on the choice—she’s too light, too skinny, too Hollywood. Even Simone’s own daughter Lisa Simone Kelly weighed in on the casting: “My mother was raised at a time when she was told her nose was too wide, her skin was too dark,” she told The New York Times. “Appearance-wise, this is not the best choice.”

The controversy only made Saldana’s resolve that much stronger. “It’s one of the scariest projects I’ve ever been involved with because it was about an iconic figure, and there were so many political [issues] around it from the beginning, but I really wanted it to be a love song to Nina Simone and I wanted it to just come from a place of absolute love,” she says.

As for backlash about her appearance, she’s not having any of it: “I can’t stop to think about who thinks me to be black enough or not black enough. I know who I am. I like who I am. And I’m not going to explain who I am. I’ve always been like that—I was raised to be that way.”

In others word, "I don't care what you uppity dark skins think, fukk Simone's daughter, it's all about ME!"

The tight-knit siblings remain just as close today, all of them living in Los Angeles (“We can’t live apart!” Saldana says), where they formed a film production company, Cinestar. “It’s what I’ve wanted to do my whole life, to always be with my sisters and work with them. Now we’re finally reaping the benefits of all these years that we’ve been planning, working, and starting our own company,” she says.

With Cinestar, the trio is looking to “shed light on the Hispanic market,” which, she notes, is “a growing and thriving population in America, filled with consumers, voters, tax payers, and avid vocal speakers. We want to finally be able to make projects that, somewhere or another, have a Hispanic presence.”

:wow: @ going from shytting on negros with no disregard to upping her hispanic focused film company as though blacks don't also have intense representational problems in the industry. You NEVER see black actors playing as "latin", but this dominic00n and others like her just can't wait to scoop up a black role....:snoop:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
2mquhi9.jpg

Its family affair :lolbron:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:Posters care too much about these celebrity affairs. Do you and live your life and find your happiness

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure if she wasn't married to that cac, she would have been married to a bitter coli poster instead. Damn you cac.