Zoe Saldana secretly marries new CaC boyfriend

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black in the american context means black american descendant of american slaves. Zoe saldana is not black in that sense. Black is very much a distinctive cultural identifier aswell

:what:

Well then I'm confused. I don't know this girls history but if people are saying she is black/dominican how is that really different from what your are talking about. The black people from the D.R. weren't slaves? I mean other than native armerican's no one is really from any part of the western hemisphere.

So what does mean to say she's Dominican. To me if she is Dominican and black that = black:manny: but I could be wrong.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
black in the american context means black american descendant of american slaves. Zoe saldana is not black in that sense. Black is very much a distinctive cultural identifier aswell
:dead:

This dude lives in a world where Usain Bolt, Idris Elba, Kardinal Offishall etc. aren't black.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:dead:

This dude lives in a world where Usain Bolt, Idris Elba, Kardinal Offishall etc. aren't black.
you'll have plenty of them say im not black im jamaican,haitian etc. I dont know of any "blacks" that chose the term BLACK as a way to identify culture and their people. Black has been a way to describe americans of african slave descent since the seventies

me being mad or jealous that zoe saldana married a cac, is like a nigerian being mad that a barbadian woman married a cac. Its like who cares we have our own set of women

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
you'll have plenty of them say im not black im jamaican,haitian etc. I dont know of any "blacks" that chose the term BLACK as a way to identify culture and their people. Black has been a way to describe americans of african slave descent since the seventies

me being mad or jealous that zoe saldana married a cac, is like a nigerian being mad that a barbadian woman married a cac. Its like who cares we have our own set of women
You think black is only a term used for African-Americans? Are you really this fukking clueless?

Every single country in the world uses the word black. Afro-Caribbean people identify as black. Yes even in the Caribbean, not just in the US.

You're making yourself look like an idiot.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You think black is only a term used for African-Americans? Are you really this fukking clueless?

Every single country in the world uses the word black. Afro-Caribbean people identify as black. Yes even in the Caribbean, not just in the US.

You're making yourself look like an idiot.
Using the term black to describe brown skin people of african descent has been around for thousands of years. But in the modern age no culture has embraced the word to identify and prescribe culture in the way that americans have. Culturally afro caribbeans are jamaican,trinidadian etc they are not black

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Using the term black to describe brown skin people of african descent has been around for thousands of years. But in the modern age no culture has embraced the word to identify and prescribe culture in the way that americans have. Culturally afro caribbeans are jamaican,trinidadian etc they are not black
Just fukking stop it. Have you even been to the Caribbean before?

There is no universal black culture.

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Just fukking stop it. Have you even been to the Caribbean before?

There is no universal black culture.

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.
Exactly my point. Nobody before american blacks embraced the word black like that. A jamaican will tell you to your face that hes not black hes jamaican same thing with dominicans. And they're absolutely right

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Exactly my point. Nobody before american blacks embraced the word black like that. A jamaican will tell you to your face that hes not black hes jamaican same thing with dominicans. And they're absolutely right
That's bullshyt. Yeah, Dominicans will say that, but not Jamaicans. Go to Jamaica and tell them that they aren't black. FYI I'm currently in the Caribbean and every single person that's black identifies as such.