Your Student Loan Rates Just DOUBLED

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
55K? that's all?!?!

Another thing about "higher education" is that they really make people mentally limited to a job/ career. They trying to enslave people mentally that they are no better than a damn job and getting paid anything above minimum wage. No business owners, no lucrative side business that pays them lovely, and no real financial freedom. College is truly a scam.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
BINGO.

nikkas gotta be real with themselves. Major in STEM then read the interesting shyt in your free time.

Even after a while, a STEM major may not be enough. Too many people majoring in it will lead to a society like India where no creativity or innovation can thrive in. Plus it will lower wages and job opportunities, similar to lawyers.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
Another thing about "higher education" is that they really make people mentally limited to a job/ career. They trying to enslave people mentally that they are no better than a damn job and getting paid anything above minimum wage. No business owners, no lucrative side business that pays them lovely, and no real financial freedom. College is truly a scam.

My question was related to your comment about being offered $55K and joining a criminal organization. Seems pretty LOW for the risk involved...hell, you may as well go to college!

Icantspell

#freedaguys
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO FOREVER
thank you obama
r9iyr6.png

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I never unsterstood how people think that's a lot of money. It's like when you were growing up and you heard kids talk about how $20 is a lot, when really it isn't shyt. I guess I had it good growing up:ld:

Depends on where you are. 55k in the south has you sitting nice.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
capitalists, are you proud of what you've done to the youth? :wtf:

Breh, you have no idea how deep it goes.

I'd probably be down to kill someone for like 10g's....:manny:

Sheeeiiit....I'm hoping for worldwide calamity that will somehow "reset" everything.

Not going to *just* blame capitalists really, I'm completely willing to admit that I, and my generation in general....have gone fukking buckwild with expectations of what "the college experience" should be. I should have sat my ass in community college courses (Hell, by the time I was finished with highschool, I had already passed like 3 of them)...I wanted to go to a bigger school....:dead:

Of course, the powers that be are ultimately responsible for tuition being so high, and interest rates, and differentiating between subsidized and unsubsidized, and ruining the economy, etc etc etc...but I still take some responsibility for my own shyt. I probably should have dropped out after my first semester. I graduated, then went back for more....:to:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
A lot of college IS a scam... in the aspect of financial costs compared to the benefit most receive in return. I don't really see any feasible way that the costs of college can so quickly outpace inflation. They are just raising the cost because they can... because everyone has to go 'get that paper' to get in the door with most decent jobs.

This whole, 'well you didn't get the right degree' stuff is nonsense as well. If everyone went into STEM, then the wages would go down because there would be so much competition for those jobs, which would result in lower wages. If you really want to do something, you have to develop some kind of entrepreneurial skill... the trends of globalization means there will be a lot more pressure on wages here in America.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I never unsterstood how people think that's a lot of money. It's like when you were growing up and you heard kids talk about how $20 is a lot, when really it isn't shyt. I guess I had it good growing up:ld:

You're right; your "having it good growing up", has made you a bit arrogant.

To people with little to no money, it's a lot! Hell, depending where you are in this nation, 55K (especially if you are single w/ no dependents) might be doing very well!

My comment hopefully spoke to the sheer ignorance of believing that making $55K yearly in a criminal organization, would be selling one's self EXTREMELY short! Most low level drug dealers live in poverty!

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
A lot of college IS a scam... in the aspect of financial costs compared to the benefit most receive in return. I don't really see any feasible way that the costs of college can so quickly outpace inflation. They are just raising the cost because they can... because everyone has to go 'get that paper' to get in the door with most decent jobs.

This whole, 'well you didn't get the right degree' stuff is nonsense as well. If everyone went into STEM, then the wages would go down because there would be so much competition for those jobs, which would result in lower wages. If you really want to do something, you have to develop some kind of entrepreneurial skill... the trends of globalization means there will be a lot more pressure on wages here in America.

But everyone can't go into STEM because its hard. Everyone doesn't have the capability of earning an aerospace engineering degree.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV

I think more Americans will have to venture beyond her boarders to find gainful, long term employment. I don't see that as a bad thing; we should see ourselves are citizens of the world.

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
I dont quite understand why parents who can afford to pay for their children's college tuition are not paying it. The students have to then apply for loans because they wont qualify for grants(due to their parent's income). This is a reason for them to work harder so they can qualify for scholarships. So sad.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
But everyone can't go into STEM because its hard. Everyone doesn't have the capability of earning an aerospace engineering degree.

Not only that but STEM isn't for everyone! I understand putting aside what you may or may not like for the sake of stability but consider doing something you don't hate, that's profitable!

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana

the thing is kev, is if everyone went into STEM, or whatever major, not everyone would graduate, and if they did, only the best of the best would get the jobs. you know how many of the young girls i know doing nursing or something in the medical field and never finished???

like over 25....i only know FOUR people (2 males) in that field that finished. ALL of them are making at least 50K and the doctor gotta be around 130K (new orleans).

additionally, what i would consider the REAL majors are all hard: Accounting (mine), Medical Field, STEM....not a single person would tell you that stuff is easy..when you graduate in those fields, you fukking EARNED your money.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I dont quite understand why parents who can afford to pay for their children's college tuition are not paying it. The students have to then apply for loans because they wont qualify for grants(due to their parent's income). This is a reason for them to work harder so they can qualify for scholarships. So sad.

Does that happen? I don't know anyone who has family that can afford to send them to college, let alone those who can, and refuse to pay for it...