Your Student Loan Rates Just DOUBLED

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
But everyone can't go into STEM because its hard. Everyone doesn't have the capability of earning an aerospace engineering degree.

There's accounting, medicine etc....

going to school for a liberal arts degree is flushing your money down the toilet. Taking a loan out to get said degree, that's the height of stupidity.

Unless schools lower their tuition the system will continue to be broken.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's accounting, medicine etc....

going to school for a liberal arts degree is flushing your money down the toilet. Taking a loan out to get said degree, that's the height of stupidity.

Unless schools lower their tuition the system will continue to be broken.

It's nothing wrong with liberal arts degrees if that's what people want to pursue but it's stupid as fukk to go a private college to get that degree when you can go to a state college and pay 50% less for it. Get the same shyt job with your same shyt degree without all the debt. Idiots.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Its funny how much of a scam college can be (if you dont have a plan going in)
Schools almost force it down kids throats, acting as if the golden ticket to life. All these kids goin in spending thousands on bs degrees that wont ever help them make those loan payments. And nikkas get that refund money and :dj2: when they should send it back or use it for the next semester. And then the students want to cry foul cause they cant find jobs or they feel under paid with their degree choice.

Its a trap that people literally run to with a smile on their face. :laugh:
Like i said if you dont have a real legit plan goin in you will regret it.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Its funny how much of a scam college can be (if you dont have a plan going in)
Schools almost force it down kids throats, acting as if the golden ticket to life. All these kids goin in spending thousands on bs degrees that wont ever help them make those loan payments. And nikkas get that refund money and :dj2: when they should send it back or use it for the next semester. And then the students want to cry foul cause they cant find jobs or they feel under paid with their degree choice.

Its a trap that people literally run to with a smile on their face. :laugh:
Like i said if you dont have a real legit plan goin in you will regret it.

pretty much, I gotta drop 200 on my loan every month with 1500 from my tax return...12k more to go :why:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People are talking about worthless degrees, but why do we even have worthless degrees in this country?

Nobody is going to dispute what you're saying but you have to be realistic about what we're talking about here. By the time you're 16 you've already been told this is the only path to be successful in life. I can remember in high school students being called into the office to speak to a counselor if they hadn't publicly declared a college to go to senior year.

So you've got a group of 18 year olds who really don't know who they are or where they're going and you've got them just out there in the world and money is being thrown at them that no financial institution would give them under any other circumstances. All you've ever heard is "get a degree OR ELSE :ufdup:" In all honesty how else is this situation supposed to play out? America eats it's young.

Yep, shyt like that make me wanna hunt down all my teachers and make their bank accounts disappear.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
It's not even solely about 'worthless degrees'. It's the mentality of the people in charge. The younger generation were led right into the slaughterhouse. How many people were told you must absolutely go to college and how necessary it was to procure a future? Students get pushed into college and promised grand things, and the same generation's bankers and college overseers decided to enrich themselves by running those same students through a buzzsaw of financial debt.The rate at which college has been increasing has vastly outpaced inflation. Are there even any attempts at cost control there?

The reason college can charge so much is because students mindlessly shuffle to those institutions thinking that it is a golden ticket to a better life no matter the cost. This is a lie. Things stop being of utility once the cost exceeds the expected value. Going $300,000 in debt and you were better off not going to college. What gives you real insight into the sick mindset of the generation that foisted college upon its children is the fact that they made student loan debt much harder to discharge through bankruptcy than other debt. In other words, you pretty much have financial slave chains on you if you are not careful about how you approach college... Instead of a better life, you literally go into financial servitude. What's even sicker is how they ship so many of the jobs overseas and are trying to open up the borders to introduce international competition to lower wages even further.

The huge problem comes in that college is extremely expensive already and is becoming MORE expensive as time goes by. On the other side, we have jobs being shipped overseas and other mechanisms to lower wages... so we are essentially having to work way harder for less and less. In other words, class warfare is being waged and we are essentially going right back into the time period discussed in so many different periods of history... the haves and the have-nots. The unbelievably wealthy and the poor. Soon--if you don't already consider it so-- college will become a privilege once again the domain of the wealthy or those who choose to take a gamble and contract themselves out for indentured servitude.