Your Student Loan Rates Just DOUBLED

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
You're right; your "having it good growing up", has made you a bit arrogant.

To people with little to no money, it's a lot! Hell, depending where you are in this nation, 55K (especially if you are single w/ no dependents) might be doing very well!

My comment hopefully spoke to the sheer ignorance of believing that making $55K yearly in a criminal organization, would be selling one's self EXTREMELY short! Most low level drug dealers live in poverty!

Fair enough. The SF bay area is one of the most costly places in the country in terms of real estate/rent. 55K here is a struggle wage, compared to a lot of other places, especially outside CA, then it's much better.

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Does that happen? I don't know anyone who has family that can afford to send them to college, let alone those who can, and refuse to pay for it...

In my experience, yeah. My classmates in school, college students i meet at my job, some of my friends, etc. They're black too unfortunately. We need to do better. :(

Daps
Reppin
NULL
From now on if people ain't getting a free ride, I'm just telling nikkas to learn a trade and learn to stack their money, and ain't no shame in being a plumber or some shyt. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
In my experience, yeah. My classmates in school, college students i meet at my job, some of my friends, etc. They're black too unfortunately. We need to do better. :(

WOW! I definitely didn't have parents that contributed financially while I was in school, and even if they did have the money, my mother would have stopped paying the moment I pissed her off...

Sometimes it's better to have had to struggle to get what you need.

Sulu

Pro
Daps
Reppin
****.... idk
10 year payment plan
Loan Balance: $49,000.00
Adjusted Loan Balance: $49,000.00
Loan Interest Rate: 6.80%
Loan Fees: 0.00%
Loan Term: 10 years
Minimum Payment: $50.00
Total Years in College: 2 years
Average Debt per Year: $24,500.00

Monthly Loan Payment: $563.89
Number of Payments: 120

Cumulative Payments: $67,667.42
Total Interest Paid: $18,667.42

20 years

Loan Balance: $49,000.00
Adjusted Loan Balance: $49,000.00
Loan Interest Rate: 6.80%
Loan Fees: 0.00%
Loan Term: 20 years
Minimum Payment: $50.00
Total Years in College: 2 years
Average Debt per Year: $24,500.00

Monthly Loan Payment: $374.04
Number of Payments: 240

Cumulative Payments: $89,767.75
Total Interest Paid: $40,767.75

:dead:

fukk this shyt. i rather buy a corvette or a porsche or some shyt. :damn:

:dwillhuh::whoo::childplease::huhldup:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I never unsterstood how people think that's a lot of money. It's like when you were growing up and you heard kids talk about how $20 is a lot, when really it isn't shyt. I guess I had it good growing up:ld:

I was basically looking at that number as "classically middle class". Maybe I'm off by 10 grand here or there, but I think of that as pretty comfortable. I'm in Pittsburgh so that's probably even better here then a lot of cities.

I actually get a sense, just talking with the majority of people I know, that most young people are actually quite nostalgic for that sorta, 50's America kinda lifestyle (Minus the 'cism....:birdman:)

Maybe that lifestyle was ALWAYS ultra decadent, and we are just finding that out now. I dunno.

You're right; your "having it good growing up", has made you a bit arrogant.

To people with little to no money, it's a lot! Hell, depending where you are in this nation, 55K (especially if you are single w/ no dependents) might be doing very well!

My comment hopefully spoke to the sheer ignorance of believing that making $55K yearly in a criminal organization, would be selling one's self EXTREMELY short! Most low level drug dealers live in poverty!

Oh I see.

I was looking at it from the perspective that : 1) I'm not a criminal, 2) I'm not about that life, 3) I'm working on a second degree, and 4) I'm willing to risk completely fukking my life over for a salary that is pretty much middle class.

And to be fair, if you want to be thorough about it, my number would likely be closer to 35k anyways. Negotiate that bytch up to 40 and a nicca will walk out with his criminal start-up kit and a :smugfavre: look on his face....:ohlawd:

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
WOW! I definitely didn't have parents that contributed financially while I was in school, and even if they did have the money, my mother would have stopped paying the moment I pissed her off...

Sometimes it's better to have had to struggle to get what you need.

i think it's part of the package of having children IMO. its their responsibility. Just my opinion(and my parents too i guess)

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
How many people actually get to pay off their loans?

best to try fake your death or move to columbia

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
780.gif

Please let this effect those 2013-2014 nikkas.
I just started school

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
i think it's part of the package of having children IMO. its their responsibility. Just my opinion(and my parents too i guess)

I agree that at the very least, parents should ensure that their children have a strong educational background and willingness to learn...

IDK that I'd pay for my child to go to college just because I birthed them though...If my child isn't suited for college, why waste the money? We'd have to research other ways for them to be successful.

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
I agree that at the very least, parents should ensure that their children have a strong educational background and willingness to learn...

IDK that I'd pay for my child to go to college just because I birthed them though...If my child isn't suited for college, why waste the money? We'd have to research other ways for them to be successful.

Of course.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I was basically looking at that number as "classically middle class". Maybe I'm off by 10 grand here or there, but I think of that as pretty comfortable. I'm in Pittsburgh so that's probably even better here then a lot of cities.

I actually get a sense, just talking with the majority of people I know, that most young people are actually quite nostalgic for that sorta, 50's America kinda lifestyle (Minus the 'cism....:birdman:)

Maybe that lifestyle was ALWAYS ultra decadent, and we are just finding that out now. I dunno.

Oh I see.

I was looking at it from the perspective that : 1) I'm not a criminal, 2) I'm not about that life, 3) I'm working on a second degree, and 4) I'm willing to risk completely fukking my life over for a salary that is pretty much middle class.

And to be fair, if you want to be thorough about it, my number would likely be closer to 35k anyways. Negotiate that bytch up to 40 and a nicca will walk out with his criminal start-up kit and a :smugfavre: look on his face....:ohlawd:

Aim higher Bruh! If you're going to risk your life, at least risk it for Madoff money!:leostare: those $35-$40K criminals get caught first.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
You have no clue how angry this makes me man. Folks out here unable to find work (many with degrees) so you say to yourself, "well, guess I gotta go back to school" and look at this garbage

They should just put a giant banner on an airplane and fly it around all the cities with the word "struggle" written on it