☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
this is a common misconception.

if you put the work in you can in fact have federal student loans discharged when you go bankrupt. a law student just had this happen in a high profile case, i forgot the name of the debtor but google search and you'll find it.

look, if you do your homework you'll find out how it can happen. i'll leave it at that.

Bruh.

Listen.

NOT going to happen.

Going bankrupt isn't even a reasonable answer to this situation.

You don't want to face that decision.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People need to stop looking down on the Booker T Washington approach and encourage their kids to learn a skill. A fairly high percentage of students in college only go to college because 'it's what you do after high school'

exactly. If you don't have a skill, degree or not, your losing in life :manny:. Thats just how it is. I will encourage my children to not only take up a skill, but also have a damn plan.

Certain degrees i refuse to finance cus the pay off is nonexistent :manny:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
THE PROBLEM...is actually the loans themselves. Making college more accessible made it possible to jack up the rates.

exactly. I understand that the USA is competing with the rest of the world in education but damn, this shyt is getting out of control. If I am not guaranteed a job after college, then to me it isn't worth it.

One should go in broke and leave making money (or starting to), not go in broke and leave worse off but with a receipt of a bought product.

I may be the minority in this but I honestly dont think EVERYBODY should be in school. Leave the shyt for the people who are intellectually capable to do the work without watering it down for everyone to pass.

:snoop: smdh

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think that's bad...most of the b-schools I've been looking at want $100K for an MBA degree...:to:

$50K a year.

this doesnt really affect that. grad students werent eligible for subsidized stafford loans anyways. 6.8% was the minimum for you and then 7.9% if you take out grad plus. this only affects undergrad

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
It amazes me that they're getting away with shyt like this when it's clear that student debt is already a huge problem. Honestly, if my kids don't display some high level of aptitude, I'm not encouraging them to go to college

This!!!

Parents are in denial about what their children can and cannot do! You're child is not #1 ...he's not even #3 !

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
brehs who aren't makin anything do IBR on the federal loans.

This is what I am likely to do.

I've already given up on ever owning a home.

Maybe one day, I'll save up enough to just leave the country for good and go underground somehow.

Would love to join a criminal organization. If they can pay me ~55k a year I'm in.

babylon1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Maybe one day, I'll save up enough to just leave the country for good and go underground somehow.

Would love to join a criminal organization. If they can pay me ~55k a year I'm in.

capitalists, are you proud of what you've done to the youth? :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
The DMV

55K? that's all?!?!

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I graduated years ago, but one thing is for certain, Congress could care less about making college affordable for the average person. They don't think you deserve it, especially if it can't make them money!
I don't have children but when/if I do, I'll be encouraging them to take up a trade! If they want to go to college, I'm confident that they will have academic scholarships. If I were to have a child who I didn't feel was "college material", I'd be honest about that and try to guide them to another, profitable path. One thing we will not do, is waste money on a college degree that is of no use.
I have student loans that I've been paying on since 2008. I am about to purchase a home and plan to rent out 2 rooms at $500 a piece and start to pay my loans down, while I save for another home.
We have to find a way to beat the system!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
exactly. If you don't have a skill, degree or not, your losing in life :manny:. Thats just how it is. I will encourage my children to not only take up a skill, but also have a damn plan.

Certain degrees i refuse to finance cus the pay off is nonexistent :manny:

BINGO.

nikkas gotta be real with themselves. Major in STEM then read the interesting shyt in your free time.