Yelawolf likes the confederate flag, deletes IG posts

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By way of life - you mean slavery. So slavery again. I just addressed the political power argument.
Your second paragraph is a classic example of cognitive dissonance. You are making my argument for me, but apparently fail to realize it.

I already addresses the difference in economies. And they were opposed to the Northerners attempting to thwart the spread of slavery. So slavery again. They feared the rising power of the federal government because what that would mean for slavery. So slavery again.

It is a contentious issue because Southerners continue to use the confederate flag despite the fact that it is a racist symbol. No one disputes that it is a symbol of racism.

I'm trying to explain to you the technical reason the war began, which was secession.

Most people in the North didn't care that they practiced slavery in a moral sense. Yes, there were abolitionists, but do me a favor and look up how many votes the aboltionist party got during the election and maybe that will explain just how little millions upon millions of Americans really cared about slavery. Slavery was akin to gay rights or any other contemporary moral/social issue, yes, there's people who supported it, but it's hyperbole to say most people cared, especially the north. The war was not waged in a moral sense, it was waged because the south seceded.

fukking Lincoln and Ulyssess Grant who are hailed by blacks as heroes owned fukking slaves :pachaha: so you really think they were so morally opposed to the war?

They used slavery as a way of grabbing the south by the balls and essentially forcing them have a piece of the huge cotton empire in the south.

The South was exporting cotton overseas, they were one of the largest if not THE largest exporters of cotton on the planet. Slavery was a big part of it, but with or without slavery, the war probably would've happened.

The north was imposing tariffs and taxes on them, many southerners interpreted the constitution differently than Northerners did, and you combine that with the fact you basically had two different worlds, it added to the alienation with one another.

I'm not pretending slavery wasn't a big part of causing the war, because it was. It's arguably the biggest catalyst, but you have to understand that there were so many other factors and the North was more concerned about money and profit than the plight of the black man, something they, too were guilty for disenfranchising and exploiting.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
I'm trying to explain to you the technical reason the war began, which was secession.

Most people in the North didn't care that they practiced slavery in a moral sense. Yes, there were abolitionists, but do me a favor and look up how many votes the aboltionist party got during the election and maybe that will explain just how little millions upon millions of Americans really cared about slavery. Slavery was akin to gay rights or any other contemporary moral/social issue, yes, there's people who supported it, but it's hyperbole to say most people cared, especially the north. The war was not waged in a moral sense, it was waged because the south seceded.

fukking Lincoln and Ulyssess Grant who are hailed by blacks as heroes owned fukking slaves :pachaha: so you really think they were so morally opposed to the war?

They used slavery as a way of grabbing the south by the balls and essentially forcing them have a piece of the huge cotton empire in the south.

The South was exporting cotton overseas, they were one of the largest if not THE largest exporters of cotton on the planet. Slavery was a big part of it, but with or without slavery, the war probably would've happened.

The north was imposing tariffs and taxes on them, many southerners interpreted the constitution differently than Northerners did, and you combine that with the fact you basically had two different worlds, it added to the alienation with one another.

I'm not pretending slavery wasn't a big part of causing the war, because it was. It's arguably the biggest catalyst, but you have to understand that there were so many other factors and the North was more concerned about money and profit than the plight of the black man, something they, too were guilty for disenfranchising and exploiting.

Regardless of whatever views you have on Lincoln and his life, everything happens for a reason.
And Lincoln was the ONLY MAN to have fought for an Emancipation Proclamation... and even though it didnt free everyone, it allowed minorities into the Army and Navy by their own choice in the SOUTH, and in turn that power move gained rights for them because they fought for our country.
If that never happened and minorities werent allowed to choose to fight in our wars, i dont think they wouldve have gotten the clout to show why slavery should be completely abolished.
it showed that certain people were citizens and not just slave blood with no rights.

shyt on Lincoln, but he did help kikk in the door for the domino effect that would end Slavery in the eyes of "white" people. :manny:

KG1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BX BK
555322240.gif

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
hmm... lord jamar is still a fakkit

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
He was rockin' the flag in his video with 3-6 BTW.

Being a nikka from the east coast that has spent a considerable amount of time in the DEEP south, i've noticed that the flag is viewed alot differently by both blacks & whites depending upon the region. It's universally seen as a sign of racism above the mason-dixon line, but most nikkas in the south generally could give a fukk less about the flag and who wears it, much like myself. The U.S. flag symbolically has far more blood on it than the Confederate or even the Nazi flag and has brought more death & destruction to the globe. The U.S. has actually successfully carried out a genocide unlike the Nazi's & Confederates.

But any white person who wears or flies the confederate flag above the mason-dixon line is ULTRA-suspect.

:stopitslime:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The United States flag is every bit the representation of slavery, racism, genocide & violent imperialism as the confederate flag is to slavery & racism. I'm sure you and all these other faux militants & couch potato activists would be equally outraged if he was sporting an American flag instead of a confederate one? OF COURSE NOT! Because that's not the way the media has conditioned you to think.

Scolding somebody for waving the confederate flag, but not those who wave the American flag is about as about as blatantly hypocritical as it gets. Far more atrocities were committed both within the borders of the U.S. as well as outside, under the auspices of the U.S. flag than the confederate one.

BTW, Lincoln was every bit as racist as Jefferson Davis. The civil war had very little to do with freeing slaves. That was just part of the sales pitch to garner support for the war. Kinda like the way the Iraq & Afghanistan invasions were pitched as liberating an oppressed people. I bet you bought that line of garbage too? :heh:
The American flag absolutely has blood/dirt on it. The difference is that the American flag continues as a symbol of the USA today and has not been as closely linked with slavery/racism as the confederate flag was. Right or wrong, that is just the way it is.
Agree that the civil war was not initially about freeing slaves (really never was) and that the North was racist as well. But slavery was the cause of the war.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
It was a symbol of the Nazi party. Isn't it incredible how when you win the war and get to write history a symbol's original meaning gets twisted a thousand times?
That's exactly the point. Meanings can change over time.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
2pacUNLV2.jpg

***snorts 298920.8seconds***

pac with the unlv confederate soldier

MsJackson.jpg
liljon.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
102213-music-confederate-flag-pastor-troy-this-in-that.jpg

southern rappers support the cause breh,

mjg, jody breeze, pastor troy, 3000 lil jon, kanye all cats with southern blood in their veins know what it do
The Pac one doesn't count to me. That's not the equivalent of the confederate flag.
Burning it or having it blind you doesn't scream out support of the flag to me.
I got no words for 3000. :snoop:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
its kind of hard to say someone is racist because they have a flag...what it means to you, and what it means to them could be two different things.

To some people a black person saying nikka means they are ignorant, to others its just how friends talk to each other...
...is there a right answer?
No. The flag is universally known as a racist symbol.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
seeing him wear the flag triggers no kind of response from me (im from cali tho). I can't say I have any outrage. guess Im not the type of person to follow the mob. lot of black people, and just southerners in general wave the flag all out in the open and no one says shyt, so why even front online.

pretty sure southerners use it as a heritage/cultural symbol more than anything now a days.

we all know the muthafukka aint racist, stop frontin. dude is even half native american. :heh:

we really need to stop crying wolf man, that shyts going to fall on deaf ears when actual racism is presented. :snoop:
The confederate flag is an actual racist symbol though. It's great that he's half Native American and that everybody seems to be convinced he isn't racist, but what was he doing as a white man, in an African American art form, with that racist symbol?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:wtf: i hope all the responses were the same when andre 3000, bubba sparxxx, and kanye west had one too? mods need to rename this forum ladies room 2.0 cause it's filled with a bunch of whiny ass biitches. i don't give a fukk about yela or that flag but someone needed to say it.
Double standard. Except for Bubba of course.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The confederate flag is an actual racist symbol though. It's great that he's half Native American and that everybody seems to be convinced he isn't racist, but what was he doing as a white man, in an African American art form, with that racist symbol?
and so what do you make out the black artists above from the south that are wearing it?

was it racist before the civil war? no. It was racist after around the jim crow days. perhaps now it signifies heritage and southern culture, thus the reason you are now seeing blacks wear it...