jags.gif
I hope you negged this clown...

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
and so what do you make out the black artists above from the south that are wearing it?

was it racist before the civil war? no. It was racist after around the jim crow days. perhaps now it signifies heritage and southern culture, thus the reason you are now seeing blacks wear it...
Like I said, its a double standard. Same rules apply as with white folks using the N word. And it is universally understood as a racist symbol. Thus the controversy with southern states and other institutions still flying it. If it was u derstood as just a symbol of southern pride, there would be no controversy.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Like I said, its a double standard. Same rules apply as with white folks using the N word. And it is universally understood as a racist symbol. Thus the controversy with southern states and other institutions still flying it. If it was u derstood as just a symbol of southern pride, there would be no controversy.
double standard my ass, the vast majority of folks except liberal cacs even care. there's just a bunch of fake outcry and mob mentality going on.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Brehs, I don't knock that sh!t. Hell, southern n!ggas were rockin their own variations of that flag such as black, red, and green versions. To me, as a black male who isn't overly sensitive, what matters most is the motivations of the person with the flag. For instance there's an interview out there with Dale Erndhardt Jr. where he made it clear that what that flag means to him is different than what it means to some Nascar fans. I respect that because for people like him and Yelawolf it represents where their from. You can't erase history or wish that flag to go away. The more you want it gone, the more people are gonna rebel and rock it. However, I ain't mad when a white dude takes what some of us see as symbol of hate and flips the script by taking the sting out of its mere presence. Reminds me of what we did with the so called N word.

On another note, you have Bs and Cs that get along nowadays, and when they represent their hood, it doesn't necessarily mean they hate people from other hoods that aren't their rivals. That's how I view Yelawolf and his use of that flag. His intentions weren't nefarious. I actually dig the picture of the Jordans with the flag from a novice photographer viewpoint. Matter fact, the only thing I'm really offended about with this whole thing, was that he didn't stick to his guns and leave those pics up. We ain't all sensitive.
It's a permanently tainted symbol though. Think about it this way. What if he joined the KKK and said, to him, it was just a group that celebrates southern heritage. Would you be ok with iG photos of him in the white sheet?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The ONLY difference between the Confederate States amd the United States is...

Fukcing slavery

SOHH.. whatever. There's nothing that the American Flag represents that doesn't cover Southerners (East Coast, Midwest, West Coast et al). Except..

Fukcing slavery.

SOHH.. yeah.

Side Note:
Ac Facts: Anyone wgo enjoys the privileges of living in America should fall under the American flag. Mexicans who rep 1000% for the Mexican flag should rep their azz back to Mexico. "But America is more comfortable than Mexico" Exactly Stupid.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You're failing to see the point that not every person in the south was a wealthy slave owner. i'm not naive, you're being incredibly arrogant. slavery was a minor part of the beliefs of the confederacy, there were different issues at heart like state powers and the taxation of states and use of the money in different areas that would not directly affect the community being taxed. furthermore it contained much of the original 12 amendments in the constitution. the idea that every single person in the confederate states was racist and had slaves is complete idiocracy, just like in nazi germany… not everyone in germany supported the idea of the holocaust but were too poor to avoid fighting
The confederacy was about slavery. Period. It is true that the overwhelming majority of Southerners did not own slaves, but they went along with the confederacy due to white supremacy ideology. The rest is just propaganda.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
thoroughly convinced anyone fake hurt by this has an incredibly simplistic thought process. so since gunplay has a swastika tattooed onto the back of his neck is he racist?
The question is actually is he anti-Semitic? That swastika would lead me to assume yes. But because its gunplay, there's a 50% chance someone put it there when he was knocked out.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
so are you mad about the pics of other non white rappers with the confederate flag too? or does that not count
Who?
i'm not telling you that, i'm telling you that the flag isn't a race issue, not that you're not allowed to be offended by it
what does this even mean? If the flag truly is not a race issue, why would anyone be justified in being offended by it?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Why the Yelawolf hate? He's prolly one of the nicest people you could ever meet. So what if he wears a flag, I have friends that have it on cars, clothes, houses etc, and they treat me with respect so fukk it. THey even invite me to hunt and try to feed me turtle stew. South life dope
ibtzyCGmO75543.gif
You know him personally?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:whoo:
Just tweeted this shyt to my nikkas Lord Jamar and Star so we can get another classic ass interview :lolbron:

edit: just @ Yelawolf as well for the fukkery
Jamar gonna have a field day with this...

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Black people can't be "racist". You can say he's bigoted or prejudice but not racist. Racism is systematic deprivation of a ppl. Black ppl can't exclude or deny white ppl anything in America. We can't deny white ppl for loans at banks we don't own...we can't deny white ppl access to our business....and we damn sure can't kill a white person without expecting the law to fully be in favor of that white person. But a white person can deny black ppl access to a loan, school, business or a fair trial in this country b/c they head most of those institutions. So I get what you're saying, but it's not an argument I would make.

And I saw a couple ppl in these thread talking about how they know white folks who wear it and they're cool with them....yall nikkas really don't understand the game at all. Yes they will smile and joke with you but when it comes to actual politics or shyt that effects the community, watch how quickly all that shyt stops. Talk to one of them about the truth about who gained an advantage thru affirmative action or "civil rights". Ask them about privatized prisons and how it's effecting the community and then watch how they try to flip and talk about "black crime"...even tho whites commit more crime and actual crime in the black community keeps going down. I can keep giving examples but you get the point.

It's not about them laughing with you, enjoying the same music or other forms of entertainment. Best believe when money is involved or politics, you'll see the real mindset of these dudes.
QFT

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
every race can be racist

yelawolf doesn't actually care what you think about this matter

if your thought process is simplistic maybe
I majored in American History at Berkeley. I focused on the civil rights movement, which of course meant that I studied the civil war and Jim Crow era extensively. I can assure you that my thought process is far from simplistic on this subject. (It may be a little bit rusty though, I graduated in 2002).