Yelawolf likes the confederate flag, deletes IG posts

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did the south secede? What was the much more going on?
List some of the evils that are beyond slavery. I don't disagree that the American flag has blood/dirt on it.
What I do dispute is that the confederate flag is not a universally agreed symbol of racism. It may have other meanings to certain people, but that doesn't change the fact that as a society we have agreed that the confederate flag is an abhorrent symbol.

I just told you, they seceded because they felt like the North was telling threatening their way of life. The North didn't give a shyt about slavery as far as it being inhumane, it was simply political power.

Slavery is a part of the equation, but it's not why the war was fought. The war was fought because the south seceded from the union, and yes, slavery was a big reason why they seceded because political power was largely entrenched in the balance/imbalance of slave versus free states.

Their economies were entirely different. The North could function without slavery, the south depended on slaves as well as labor from poor white farmers. They also opposed a government that was ruled by northerners telling the southern states what they could and could not do. They feared the rising power of the federal government, which was another reason they seceded.

And society hasn't collectively agreed on anything, if we did, there wouldn't be a debate. The debate over the CSA flag is still a contentious issue for a lot of people.

MiC

Pro
Daps
Lol someone who is scared to post their age has a reason. Either feels "too old" to be blogging or "too young" to spew the type of bs they do. At 22 i feel i fit the profile fine. If aronman is ashamed of her age being a coli blogger there is a reason

Brehnamedwavey

FUEGOLAFLAME
Daps
Lol someone who is scared to post their age has a reason. Either feels "too old" to be blogging or "too young" to spew the type of bs they do. At 22 i feel i fit the profile fine. If aronman is ashamed of her age being a coli blogger there is a reason
ur a retarded stalker what if she just doesn't wanna post the shyt :laff: u were stalking her yesterday about her ass and now u stalking wanting to know her age :dead: ur 22 and a weirdo

Last edited:

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps

:snoop:

ive been here since day 1. how am i ashamed of being a coli blogger?

make sense before you type :what:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Difference in culture, slavery, different economies to name a few. They were worried because more non-slave states in the union meant slave states would be at the mercy of their control. The North by and large didn't see slavery as a reprehensible crime against humanity. Most of them only were against it because it was a means of political control.

They gave a shyt about it, just not in the context you and a lot of people tend to think. Even the emancipation proclamation itself was a means of causing major instability within the CSA, and also, most white people in the united states considered blacks by and large free or un-free as inferior. But not everybody thought this way.
The difference in economy stemmed from slavery. So slavery. What differences in culture do you mean and explain how they led to the imbalance of power that caused the civil war?
Correct about the concern over non- slave states versus slave states. This was the basis for the Compromise of 1820 and Missouri Compromise (if I recall correctly). So slavery again.
I agree that the North was not enlightened - but disagree that political control was the only reason the North opposed the expansion of slavery.

Agree that although many were morally outraged by slavery in the North, those same folks believed blacks were inferior.
Yes about the Emancipation Proclamation - it didn't actually free any slaves as I recall.

ALL of your reasons stem directly from slavery

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Of course they do, virtually every symbol does, but define common. The common meaning to classmates in Liberia, classmates in Charleston, and classmates in Seattle is different.
Some symbols have universal meanings (I.e. worldwide). But for this discussion, the overwhelming majority of Americans.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I just told you, they seceded because they felt like the North was telling threatening their way of life. The North didn't give a shyt about slavery as far as it being inhumane, it was simply political power.

Slavery is a part of the equation, but it's not why the war was fought. The war was fought because the south seceded from the union, and yes, slavery was a big reason why they seceded because political power was largely entrenched in the balance/imbalance of slave versus free states.

Their economies were entirely different. The North could function without slavery, the south depended on slaves as well as labor from poor white farmers. They also opposed a government that was ruled by northerners telling the southern states what they could and could not do. They feared the rising power of the federal government, which was another reason they seceded.

And society hasn't collectively agreed on anything, if we did, there wouldn't be a debate. The debate over the CSA flag is still a contentious issue for a lot of people.
By way of life - you mean slavery. So slavery again. I just addressed the political power argument.
Your second paragraph is a classic example of cognitive dissonance. You are making my argument for me, but apparently fail to realize it.

I already addresses the difference in economies. And they were opposed to the Northerners attempting to thwart the spread of slavery. So slavery again. They feared the rising power of the federal government because what that would mean for slavery. So slavery again.

It is a contentious issue because Southerners continue to use the confederate flag despite the fact that it is a racist symbol. No one disputes that it is a symbol of racism.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
ok ''bro'' eat a dikk, get off ya high horse and take ya bytch ass to storm front ''bro'', who the fukk is you to think you can tell blacks what they can and cant be offended by?

That dude really was pissing me off in his thread with his poor logic. Had to neg him.
i'm not telling you that, i'm telling you that the flag isn't a race issue, not that you're not allowed to be offended by it

You have no right or authority to tell people how to think when they already have their own personal inclinations towards a matter. You really have some nerve bruh. Stop.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
every race can be racist

He explained it for you and everyone in full and yet you still equate racism to name-calling and insults.

So, by your logic I guess being called a "CAC" by a black person is equal to getting discriminated against for a job because you're black, getting pulled over by the police because you're black, getting denied for a loan because your black, getting denied for an apartment/house because you're black...etc. In a country where white people are over 70% of the population and control damn near everything from business to government (which is all an extension of the system of racism).

You don't get it and you never will. I don't feel like explaining it either...because it's obvious you have selective vision and reasoning...only supporting a fact when it helps your argument.

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:heh: the flag with St. George's cross? That was a testament to the christian heritage of many southerners AND it represented how they wanted to separate from the union and there were more than just two flags.

And no, noone is wrong when it comes to interpreting symbols. A symbol represents an abstract concept; a concept, you, me, or anyone else is capable of creating within their own head and they're free to interpret it however they choose.

I don't agree with the mindset of many southerners at all considering many were/are racist and would likely despise me, but no one has any right to tell someone else how to interpret something that has a multitude of meanings.
Again, the intention of the confederates with respect to the flag is irrelevant. We are talking about the meaning and symbolism that the flag holds today. Especially in the context of a white southerner wearing it.

And I understand the point that you are making about symbols having multiple meanings, but that doesn't allow someone to ignore the commonly held meaning of a symbol.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Symbols only have multiple meanings when people take the ORIGINAL meaning and put spins on them... like everyone is doing since the Confederacy was defeated.
Davis and his little minions who made that flag knew what they wanted it to mean, and didnt want people to "freely" interpret it.

This is a good answer I found on the internet :manny:

sw171655
answered 4 years ago
The north was an economy based on industry
The south was based on agriculture
The south believed that slave labor was a staple of their economy
The south saw slaves as property and according to the national constitution the government is supposed to protect your right to own property
Slaves were also seen as a show of social status ( like owning a nice car today)
When it came time to decide what state would have the most representation in congress (based on population) the south wanted slaves to count as people. (3/5ths compromise)
When the south saw that Abraham Lincoln was elected and felt that their way of life, their economy, and their ownership of property was in peril they followed the philosophy that the American forefathers set forth

“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness.”

It has been said that the south actually had nationalism to its advantage, where as the north was fighting for unity of the country, money, etc… the south was fighting to protect their way of life.

As for movies. Gettysburg is a great film that I show to my classes every year, however, it does only examine a portion of the war. There is also gods and generals, but that is like banging your head off a wall. The other I might suggest is a mini series called “roots” which investigates the culture of the pre and during war south and the lives of the slaves.

Hope this helps.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, the intention of the confederates with respect to the flag is irrelevant. We are talking about the meaning and symbolism that the flag holds today. Especially in the context of a white southerner wearing it.

And I understand the point that you are making about symbols having multiple meanings, but that doesn't allow someone to ignore the commonly held meaning of a symbol.

:pachaha: Okay, a white southerner is wearing a CSA flag. So what? I live in fukking Florida for christ sakes :russ: I see them all the time.

Not everybody is some crazy racist. People wear the flag for any number of reasons and that's on them. You're talking about something totally hypothetical at the end of the day. Most people are ignorant of the history of the flag and they're ignorant concerning the fact that it means more than just slavery, which it doesn' necessarily represent anyway.

:pachaha: Ok, so?