Yall gon be surprised when...

teacher

All Star
Daps
:wtf:

You would have a point if most of the PS4 games were sub 1080p, the issue is that the target they are aiming for is fixed, and Sony wants their first party titles to hit that target. The machine is very clearly built with that target in mind, and in the future even when the engines get more demanding the optimization & tools will get better as well. The PS3/360 didn't hit the market with a gang of 720p games, only to see a massive drop later in resolution, what they ran from Day 1 is essentially what they run today, sub 720p but close.

49fps avg on a PC with max settings in 1080p, the PS4 is not running all the effects you'll find on the PC either.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4-test-1920.jpg

If they had the time to optimize for the PS4, 1080p @ 60fps on a closed box should be possible. But, there would be drops, then again no game runs at a "locked" fps to begin with, even when they claim it's locked.
battlefield 4 is optimized for windows though tiled resources :blessed:

edit: and that CPU :ld:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
1080p, sure.
60fps, no.

My claim is far less ridiculous than thinking either machine will be rocking 720p @30fps as the standard :upsetfavre:
LMAO that's just good ol fashioned coli hyperbole. My real claim is that 1080p/60fps is a pipe dream as a standard.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So you wouldn't even need a high end card to play battlfield on high. Or are you compromising some things to get that performance?
Breh, I'm not even a deep PC gamer like that. I had the Coli help me cop my shyt for it last year around Black Friday.

I put the stuff together, didn't even game on it for a while. I just bought some games here and there because they would be so cheap. I got Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for like 13 bucks each, L4D2 for 5 bucks, Limbo for 3 bucks, and RE5 for like 5 bucks... I haven't even played the games, but when the beta for BF4 dropped for free I tried it out just to see how well my system could run it. It handled it damn well, and playing with a controller was basically plug and play.

I'm not compromising anything, haven't tweaked any settings. It's not running on Ultra or anything, I just load the game up and it gave me some default settings which are based on what the game feels like my system can handle the best. I haven't touched it. Game runs on high settings at 1080p

:manny:

I didn't configure anything, just downloaded the game and it did the rest. Game is smooth as shyt. Even my little sister came over one day and saw me playing asked, "Why does it look so smooth". People have no idea what they're in for when they go from that PS3/360 version to that X1/PS4 version. They're going to be blown away.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And for the record I don't mean "brand loyalty" in a derogatory way. Some of you cats rock with Sony, some with MS. Some with Nintendo. And you would continue to do that, regardless of resolution or frame rate. So these conversations are ultimately pointless.

Fred.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
This thread is slightly less inflammatory than the other one I was going to make :lolbron:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, why lie to yourself :wtf:

It will be 60fps MOST OF THE TIME you say :laff:

Show me where they said that, or lying blatantly will make your ballz shrink :ufdup:

30:20 mark. Quote is, "it runs at 60 a lot of the time". He then goes on to say, that if it's a 24 player match and 24 people throw a nade at the same time and they go off at the same time then no, it won't maintain 60fps, but in general it will be at 60 for most scenarios...

Now am I still lying you bird ass nikka?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

30:20 mark. Quote is, "it runs at 60 a lot of the time". He then goes on to say, that if it's a 24 player match and 24 people throw a nade at the same time and they go off at the same time then no, it won't maintain 60fps, but in general it will be at 60 for most scenarios...

Now am I still lying you bird ass nikka?

Yeah, you are lying your ass off and its weird. Just like they having maps you gotta pay for. You still in denial about that too :laff:

Look bruh, you posting a OLD ASS VIDEO where they talked about what they hoped to reach is cool
But much later than that video they had interviews and said they didn't reach that goal
Then tried to say how 52fps is just as good if not better :wtf:
WHY THE fukk DO YOU THINK I KEEP ASKING YOU TO PROVE IT :snoop:
You can't retard. You and every other 3cept just keeps running with lie after lie.
Wow bruh, you just exposed yourself as a biased bytchass fanboy :damn:
You are, if pulling up eurogamer videos from months ago is your angle?

And you a KZ fan, but what I'm saying is news to you? Then you been blinded by your own fanboyism
These nikkaz clearly say "We targeted 60, thats all I can say" and you ran with that :laff:
How dat feel :ufury2:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

This guy @PS4 is a damn idiot.

You ask me when did the devs say that the game will be running 60fps most of the time, I link you to a video where they're taking Q&A from gamers asking them that question directly and it's not enough for your stupid ass

:why:

Now you're still bringing up the DLC maps which have been CONFIRMED to be free for competitive multiplayer and you're still LYING about it for some reason when I've already detailed and explained to you how it's going to work.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-killzone-shadow-fall-thread.141899/page-9#post-5578383

kcgmps.jpg

Please STFU now.