Yall gon be surprised when...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
To the PC heads. Serious question.

Could a PC with a gpu equivalent to the one in the ps4 run Battlfield at 1080p 60fps?

my only experience with the BF4 MP was the beta. but I find the claim that either next gen version maintains 60fps dubious. we'll find out soon I guess

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If superior graphics, 1080p and 60 FPS was that important these dudes would be on PC.

Fred.

That's not fair to say.

People will always go for the simplicity and ease of controller over mouse/keyboard. They just will.

Dunno why cats don't understand this. Of course you can build a rig for 1080p/60 but most don't have the knowledge to do so.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To the PC heads. Serious question.

Could a PC with a gpu equivalent to the one in the ps4 run Battlfield at 1080p 60fps?

I'm not familiar enough with the PS4's GPU to say. I'm sure @daze23 @Liquid or @Malta could give you some info.

Consoles and PCs are so different though. PS4 is PS4. You can't do shyt to it. PCs games have a menu solely for adjusting the graphics....and there's stuff like NVIDIA Control Panel, NTune, and all kinds of other shyt that further lets you customize the graphics.

Fred.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Uhh yea. Halo 4 runs at 720p compared to the subHD Halo 3 ran at. Plenty of games ran at native resolutions over time. Graphics got better too so it's not like games got worse graphically over time.
Good example. I don't have experience with Halo 4 (who does amirite? :steviej:) but I'm willing to bet compromises were made (probably in Bungie's beloved lighting system). Seems to me like it's still a rarity though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
bu bu bu but doesn't the cloud make xboxone a 4k/100+FPS gaming MACHINE?!?! :wtf:

:troll:

Guess those DR3 zombies couldn't see the cloud from the skies.....

tumblr_lyscehA5Nt1qdul7oo1_500.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i think this is what's confusing people the most....and the guys that are supposedly PC heads :smh: maxed out 720p game > low setting 1080p

I really don't find that true using a 1080p screen though. 'maxed out' at 720p may look technically better in some ways. but it will have an inherent blurriness because of the scaling. my personal preference is always gonna be for how it looks at 1080p. a few times I've lowered the res to 900p, but did it without scaling, so there were black bars

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not familiar enough with the PS4's GPU to say. I'm sure @daze23 @Liquid or @Malta could give you some info.

Consoles and PCs are so different though. PS4 is PS4. You can't do shyt to it. PCs games have a menu solely for adjusting the graphics....and there's stuff like NVIDIA Control Panel, NTune, and all kinds of other shyt that further lets you customize the graphics.

Fred.

Yeah I know they aren't really comparable. I'm just looking to get a general feel for how "powerful" the consoles are compared to PC's.

In my limited knowledge it seems that a mid range gpu wouldn't be able to play a game like battlfield at 1080p 60fps. Therefore I don't think we should expect the consoles to keep up with PC's for very long, if ever.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
:upsetfavre:

You could have the most amazing engine in the world, wouldn't mean shyt if it's running in 480p. Resolution and framerate do matter when it comes to having better graphics.
Yeah, this is a "slippery slope" argument. The point is, when developers have to choose 1080p with fewer graphical effects vs 900p with more graphical effects, they more often than not go for the latter. And that's because that's what MOST consumers prefer.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is such a red herring. Most people this generation didn't follow this supposed tenet. They bought games based on a controller, or where their friends were playing. So few people actually bought the superior version of say Battlefield 3 for example.
Which so happened to be in favor of the system that also had better multiplats at first.
As time went on though both games looked on par. Only game that ever struck me as shytty was Bayonetta on PS3, that shyt was terrible. FFXIII, RE5, and other games looked the same to me. It's a big deal now because of the price difference and plus we need something to talk about to shyt on the opponent. Agreement is never fun.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not fair to say.

People will always go for the simplicity and ease of controller over mouse/keyboard. They just will.

Dunno why cats don't understand this. Of course you can build a rig for 1080p/60 but most don't have the knowledge to do so.

You can use a controller on a PC. You don't have to be knowledgeable about PCs to go to, let's say CyberpowerPC or Avatar or Ibuypower and cop one that runs circles around a Xbox1 or PS4.

That's not even my point though. As much as people sit here and argue about resolution, and graphics all day, how can you argue simplicity of all things? :russ:

What you said applies to the average console person yes. But this board is full of people that argue over the most trivial shyt, literally 24/7. I'm saying if it's seriously that deep, go all the way and buy a PC. If it's not that deep, stop talking about it, because you have no control over the resolution, frame rate, or graphics anyway.

Fred.