Yall gon be surprised when...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not to be all PC elitist but everybody does realize that there's a new generation of graphics cards coming out (Maxwell) for PCs at the end of this year and the Xbox One and PS4 are maybe at mid tier level of the current graphics cards. They're just gonna get left in the dust. Back when the 360 came out the hardware in that was top end stuff at the time. These new consoles are far from top end. and arguing about one of them achieving a 50 FPS framerate while the other is like 30 FPS is like arguing you're rich in comparison because you make $1000 a week and the next guy makes $800 a week.

It is kinda sad that developers have to cut corners already in this new generation of consoles but understandable because people wouldn't be willing to pay what it cost to get a top end hardware filled console today.
I agree with this accept for the cutting corners part. New systems always show growing pains for the first year or two. And what they've been able to do with titles like Ryse, killzone, bf4, 2k are a good start if we expect the games to improve as much as they did in previous gens.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree with this accept for the cutting corners part. New systems always show growing pains for the first year or two. And what they've been able to do with titles like Ryse, killzone, bf4, 2k are a good start if we expect the games to improve as much as they did in previous gens.
Games will improve but this is a known architecture (x86) elite development teams will probably find more ways to squeeze extra performance out of the hardware but i still expect the next offerings from AMD and Nvidia to dust these consoles.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Games will improve but this is a known architecture (x86) elite development teams will probably find more ways to squeeze extra performance out of the hardware but i still expect the next offerings from AMD and Nvidia to dust these consoles.
:comeon: we get that, i dont know why pc elitists feel the need to throw it into every thread. console nikkas dont want a 700-1000$ video card in their system; a console company would be downright idiotic to put one in there to begin with. you probably wont have the latest card because it'd be overkill and you'd be foolish to cop it at release. pc elitists are known for circlejerking, bragging and stroking their epeens about their "emazing" builds.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:comeon: we get that, i dont know why pc elitists feel the need to throw it into every thread. console nikkas dont want a 700-1000$ video card in their system; a console company would be downright idiotic to put one in there to begin with. you probably wont have the latest card because it'd be overkill and you'd be foolish to cop it at release. pc elitists are known for circlejerking, bragging and stroking their epeens about their "emazing" builds.
PS4 fans are doing what you say PC elitist do over 15 or so FPS in a sub 60 FPS locked game though. It's silly. It's not like there's a huge difference when both consoles are too weak to lock 60 FPS anyway. Yeah the PS4 is more powerful but it's like being crowned the king of shyt mountain in comparison.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779645

Bought launch PS4 yet shelved it for my first gaming PC a month later. Anyone else?

Is PC gaming going through a renaissance?

I was pretty hyped for the PlayStation 4 launch. The previous gen Xbox 360 and PS3 systems were getting way, way long in the tooth and far overstayed their welcome, IMO. Sony had a really impressive campaign with a welcome focus on games. They had tremendous momentum on their side. I started out last gen with a 360 but permanently migrated to a PS3. PS+ was a great value and I had a Vita. The PS4 couldn't come any sooner. I got the PS4 at launch with AC4, KZSF, BF4, and CODG. Nothing spectacular but enjoyable enough. After I got done with AC4, I realized these consoles are just bad PCs. There are patches, mandatory installations, firmware updates, game breaking bugs, no local multiplayer, etc. Basically a lot of nonsense that initially deterred me from PCs in the first place. But if I'm dealing with these issues on a console, why not get a PC? Plus, these new consoles are massively unimpressive on a technical level. I saw all these interesting PC exclusives during the Steam Winter Sale. And many other multiplatform games that were dirt cheap. What have I been waiting for? Why didn't I do this sooner?

So, thanks to the great guys at GAF, I built my first gaming PC. They dispelled so many PC gaming myths that initially kept me away. It's not impossible to build one on your own. Drivers and such aren't a big deal -- if you're on GAF, you can figure out how to update them. Xbox 360 controller makes it plug and play. I'm a big fan of comfy couch gaming. Thanks to Steam, I can totally do that. Building a PC was incredibly easy, Steam sales make gaming so cheap, and Big Picture Mode makes using a controller and my 60" HDTV on a couch doable. I basically have a $1000 console. I'm totally cool with that. I'm not going to say "master race" or anything similar. I can see why gamers on a budget go console. It's cheaper right now and you know your console will last a few years. But this generation has been so incredibly disappointing. New consoles used to be such a technical marvel. Not this time around. Arguments about 720P, Xbox One doing that, PS4 being able to do that, etc. are laughable. The fact that we're even talking about compromises already is ridiculous. If anyone comes out of the woodwork talking about "but this gen just started!", give me a break. These systems are not Cell unique.

Maybe it's because I just got a PC and because of that, take more notice, but it feels like PC's mindshare has grown. Many others on GAF are getting their first gaming PC rig. In the Build thread, there are many who talk about it being their first build. I see clamoring for PC release dates more often, like Dark Souls 2 :( Lots of Steam discussion. Frankly, it's like the PC has a mindshare it never had. Does anyone else feel the same way? I'm not trying to be inflammatory. I just wonder if there are others who were like me, afraid of PC gaming, but then found now a really good time to jump in. PCs are certainly not perfect but maybe, if you've been a console exclusive gamer your whole life, you might want to take a look at them.

edit: I'm not worried about post-launch console drought. That's typical. I owned an N64 at launch. I'm saying I'd have never considered a PC before but now that I built one, I love it. All of my multiplats will be on the PC.

:salute:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS4 fans are doing what you say PC elitist do over 15 or so FPS in a sub 60 FPS locked game though. It's silly. It's not like there's a huge difference when both consoles are too weak to lock 60 FPS anyway. Yeah the PS4 is more powerful but it's like being crowned the king of shyt mountain in comparison.

Consoles aren't for people who care about raw specs/numbers. Never have, and never will. :manny:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Nintendo has Zelda WW and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate @ 1080p from last i heard :ufdup: miyamoto is a god:blessed:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Consoles aren't for people who care about raw specs/numbers. Never have, and never will. :manny:
30 FPS is standard on consoles. once you reach the level of awareness to demand more well it's time to build a gaming PC because the performance you're gonna get out of a console won't be much better than that and even if it is its not gonna likely be a consistent 60 FPS.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yeah that guy gets is. these game consoles are basically just poor man's PCs. many of the issues you have to deal with on PC gaming but the performance of the games are capped at subpar levels.

I'm no PC master race elitist but i find it comical that PS4 users are trolling Xbox One users over 60 FPS when these supposed 60 FPS games have an average that's under 60 FPS in many cases. I own these consoles for the games I can't get on a PC or the games who's play styles don't fit on PC. I just bought South Park Stick of Truth for $45 and for that money i'll get better performance than the console gamer that paid $60 and to top it all off i can plug my Xbox 360 controller right up to me PC and play it on my 55 inch TV with the same button prompts an Xbox 360 owner gets.

why pay more for less? because you've convinced yourself that spending less money upfront for the hardware saves you money when they more than make that back on games? Day one i copped Bioshock Infinite for $20 while a console owner paid $60. after so many games the expensive graphics card pays for itself.