Yall gon be surprised when...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To the PC heads. Serious question.

Could a PC with a gpu equivalent to the one in the ps4 run Battlfield at 1080p 60fps?
Yes, I have the 7850 in my PC and I'm playing BF4 with high settings at 1080p/60fps. Lowest it gets to is like low 50s, I've seen it jump to as high as low 80s as well.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Which so happened to be in favor of the system that also had better multiplats at first.
As time went on though both games looked on par. Only game that ever struck me as shytty was Bayonetta on PS3, that shyt was terrible. FFXIII, RE5, and other games looked the same to me. It's a big deal now because of the price difference and plus we need something to talk about to shyt on the opponent. Agreement is never fun.
This is really ALL it is. This is the only fodder people have as of right now so it's all they use. This is more fun than talking about the launch games to most people right now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You can use a controller on a PC. You don't have to be knowledgeable about PCs to go to, let's say CyberpowerPC or Avatar or Ibuypower and cop one that runs circles around a Xbox1 or PS4.

That's not even my point though. As much as people sit here and argue about resolution, and graphics all day, how can you argue simplicity of all things? :russ:

What you said applies to the average console person yes. But this board is full of people that argue over the most trivial shyt, literally 24/7. I'm saying if it's seriously that deep, go all the way and buy a PC. If it's not that deep, stop talking about it, because you have no control over the resolution, frame rate, or graphics anyway.

Fred.

I know you can use a controller Freddy. But you'd get murked playing pc cats with that shyt.

And I don't know why PC cats continue to jump into a the CONSOLE wars. We know the PC is superior, just let cats have their fun. We get it. Cats not even talking about PC gaming in comparison to consoles and nikkaz keep jumpin in when no one asked them to.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I know you can use a controller Freddy. But you'd get murked playing pc cats with that shyt.

And I don't know why PC cats continue to jump into a the CONSOLE wars. We know the PC is superior, just let cats have their fun. We get it. Cats not even talking about PC gaming in comparison to consoles and nikkaz keep jumpin in when no one asked them to.
:uFURIOUS:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, I have the 7850 in my PC and I'm playing BF4 with high settings at 1080p/60fps. Lowest it gets to is like low 50s, I've seen it jump to as high as low 80s as well.

So you wouldn't even need a high end card to play battlfield on high. Or are you compromising some things to get that performance?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:snoop:

This is bullshyt though, I've heard people say this over and over before I decided to cop BF4 and play with a controller, I'm doing fine and my KD isn't trash. It's about preference. It's like the controller vs fightstick debate with fighting games. If you're good enough you won't get raped regardless of your tools of use.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I really don't find that true using a 1080p screen though. 'maxed out' at 720p may look technically better in some ways. but it will have an inherent blurriness because of the scaling. my personal preference is always gonna be for how it looks at 1080p. a few times I've lowered the res to 900p, but did it without scaling, so there were black bars

i'm not saying you are missing the point but the point is that just because it is 1080p doesn't mean it looks better then a 720p game...these things are mutually exclusive...but obviously all things similar 1080p>720p

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Yeah, this is a "slippery slope" argument. The point is, when developers have to choose 1080p with fewer graphical effects vs 900p with more graphical effects, they more often than not go for the latter. And that's because that's what MOST consumers prefer.

:wtf:

You would have a point if most of the PS4 games were sub 1080p, the issue is that the target they are aiming for is fixed, and Sony wants their first party titles to hit that target. The machine is very clearly built with that target in mind, and in the future even when the engines get more demanding the optimization & tools will get better as well. The PS3/360 didn't hit the market with a gang of 720p games, only to see a massive drop later in resolution, what they ran from Day 1 is essentially what they run today, sub 720p but close.

I'm talking about with most or all the same graphical effects as the ps4 version. And a stable framerate

49fps avg on a PC with max settings in 1080p, the PS4 is not running all the effects you'll find on the PC either.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4-test-1920.jpg

If they had the time to optimize for the PS4, 1080p @ 60fps on a closed box should be possible. But, there would be drops, then again no game runs at a "locked" fps to begin with, even when they claim it's locked.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

PCs cats continue to jump into these discussions because console people ask questions like "can a PS4 GPU run 'Battlefield 4' comparable to a PC GPU"?

And this isn't the first time. PC gamers stayed out of this shyt for years....literally years....even back on SOHH. But I don't know how you can read half the shyt that gets said on this board, and then :wtf: that PC gamers join the discussions. If PC gamers come into the "Uncharted 4" thread talking about "a PC could run it better than a PS4 :troll:" then I could understand your point. Half of these "console" discussions devolve into tech talk (resolution, frame rates, comparable GPUs) that has nothing to do with console games specifically.

Which was my main point. If you care about that type of shyt enough to sit here all day talking about it, go buy a PC. If PS4 suddenly started running every game in 720p, would any one really care? No, it would just be fodder for message board fanboys.

Fred.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
:wtf:

You would have a point if most of the PS4 games were sub 1080p, the issue is that the target they are aiming for is fixed, and Sony wants their first party titles to hit that target. The machine is very clearly built with that target in mind, and in the future even when the engines get more demanding the optimization & tools will get better as well. The PS3/360 didn't hit the market with a gang of 720p games, only to see a massive drop later in resolution, what they ran from Day 1 is essentially what they run today, sub 720p but close.
Just to make sure I understand your premise - are you positing that PS4 first party titles will target 1080p, 60fps throughout the life of the console and continue to get better in graphics?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Just to make sure I understand your premise - are you positing that PS4 first party titles will target 1080p, 60fps throughout the life of the console and continue to get better in graphics?

1080p, sure.
60fps, no.

My claim is far less ridiculous than thinking either machine will be rocking 720p @30fps as the standard :upsetfavre: