Xbox Series X reviews are in

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not in the PC game, and I have no clue what all you got.

But I'm excited as fukk FOR you. I imagine that type of investment got you a bad motherfukker. :wow:

Yeah it is a bad one but it's a vanity purchase 100%. There is never a need to spend that much on essentially a video game console. Yeah I do other shyt with it but at the end of the day I bought it to play games and for that purpose it's extremely unnecessary. Consoles are a much better cost/value proposition.

So I cringe whenever I hear the "I can just buy a PC" thing because it's disingenuous as fucck.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
All the reviews make it sound like its a phenomenal console with literally nothing new to play. Shame.

It's like building a state of the art football stadium for a city without a team. "We'll have a very good team in 2022/23!" "Teams from other cities can play here!"

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Series X is quite frankly a bit lacking when it comes to "newness'. When I saw that it was going to use the 'sameish' controller, same UI as the current Xbox and basically had no exclusives coming anytime soon, it made the console feel a bit lacking despite if being a generational leap.

Compared with the PS5, you get a brand new UI with new features, new controller with game immersing feedback built into it and best of all at least some exclusives at launch e.g. Ratchet and clank(launch window), Demon's Souls, Astro bot.

I feel like both companies are taking different approaches.

Microsoft seems like they're focusing on raw horsepower, while simultaneously giving their buyers a love letter to XBox history as a thank you for sticking with them. But more "better, faster, stronger" than anything.

Sony, at least from early takeaways, seem to be focusing on an overall experience. It kind of makes sense, because aside from unseen revolution in how games and media are presented and consumed, we're probably not getting technical advancements on the scale of the jump from SD to HD. Those wow moments gotta come from somewhere else. It seems like, of all things, they're betting on the DualSense to provide that.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it is a bad one but it's a vanity purchase 100%. There is never a need to spend that much on essentially a video game console. Yeah I do other shyt with it but at the end of the day I bought it to play games and for that purpose it's extremely unnecessary. Consoles are a much better cost/value proposition.

So I cringe whenever I hear the "I can just buy a PC" thing because it's disingenuous as fucck.

Agreed. That's why I got out of PC gaming. You most certainly get what you pay for, but I looked at the money and time is need to put into it (since even the best of gaming machines can still get derailed by a poorly optimized game, or if it's the one random hardware configuration that just doesn't run well straight off the install), and realized I was much happier with consoles.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean it’s what everyone predicted and expected. A great piece of hardware with no real software to define it. They bet it all on Halo and lost.
065.gif

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I feel like both companies are taking different approaches.

Microsoft seems like they're focusing on raw horsepower, while simultaneously giving their buyers a love letter to XBox history as a thank you for sticking with them. But more "better, faster, stronger" than anything.

Sony, at least from early takeaways, seem to be focusing on an overall experience. It kind of makes sense, because aside from unseen revolution in how games and media are presented and consumed, we're probably not getting technical advancements on the scale of the jump from SD to HD. Those wow moments gotta come from somewhere else. It seems like, of all things, they're betting on the DualSense to provide that.

I agree. The money motivation is pretty apparent as they both enter the next gen.

Sony seems to be focusing on the complete gaming experience to sell more consoles and games. They’re need to get money from every piece of the pie (including PSN) so they have to hit every mark. This creates a dependency between all of their products. The consoles have to be great in order to sell the games, the games have to be good enough to sell the services and the services and games have to be good enough to justify buying the console.

MS seems to be focusing on getting their customers to pay for services (GamePass/XBL). This allows them to use their consoles as a medium to ultimately get the customers locked in their services. Ultimately they don’t care if you’re accessing it from a PC/Console/mobile device or whatever as long as you pay the fee to access the catalog. This decouples their different products but leads them to drop the ball (or kick it down the road in this case) at the detriment of their new exclusives next gen.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Xbox is murrica' as it gets.
It delivers power with a reasonable price point and slowly but surely, it'll begin to separate itself from it's competitors.

For the record I held off on finishing that last few chapters of TLOUII, stopped playing GOT & Days Gone as well
as all Seven Yakuza titles. Why ? Because I know it'll be a better experience on Ps5.

Forward Compatibility is dope, only weirdos hate on that shyt.
It's the reason I play ps2 games on my fat ps3 despite having two perfectly fine ps2 fats in my house.