Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s meant to be a secondary system, breh. @Hiphoplives4eva can put a Series X in his bedroom, but just in case his wife’s got another nikka over he can continue to play in the pantry on his Series S, through the magic of cloud saves and play anywhere :ehh:
post-19779-whoa-gif-when-i-get-on-reddit-eln6.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People acting like the confusion is about teraflops :mjlol:

No, some people are wondering why(as of this post) is the Series S only playing games in the Xbox One S mode and not patched to take advantage of the strength of the system itself for games? Saying it'll boost framerates and add auto-hdr just because is meaningless PR talk because virtually 99% games are capped at either 30 or 60fps on these consoles so if a game has a dynamic res and capped fps but couldn't hit 60 often it would be improved but that's not a lot of games since the XB1 was fairly weak. That means most Xbox One S games are either going to hit 900P max or 1080P max since that was the max res the Xbox One S supported. The Xbox One S cannot play games higher than that. Upscaling is not the same as rendering the game at a resolution.

Take FFXV for example, that game on XB1 is capped at 900P max and 30fps. So you're telling me on the Xbox Series S, all it'll do is add auto-hdr and texture filtering? The 60fps mode was only on the Xbox One X mode but now since the Series S can't use the "Xbox One X enhanced" modes the game is effectively capped on a brand new system that's more than capable. It doesn't HAVE to be 4K but it could've been something better than 900P/30fps.

THAT'S what people are saying. These false analogies and calling people stupid and y'all missing the damn point claiming people are "sPrEaDiNg mIsInFoRmAtIoN!"
They shouldnt worry about it, and just play all those backward compatible games they have on playstation 5

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Breh...

Xbox One X = 6 teraflop high school linebacker

Series S = 4teraflop NFL Linebacker

A strong high schooler versus a moderately strong nfl athlete...Who is stronger?

nikkas acting hard-headed ass fukk.

This makes sense right but let’s say the high school and NFL linebacker are both in the weight room taking turns on the bench press. The high schooler is benching 250 and every time he switches off with NFL linebacker, the NFLer drops the weight down to 200. At this point who is and isn’t the strongest is called into question. You start thinking us he doing it because he is weaker, is there an artificial limitation, is trainer capping him? He still may be stronger but his actions are calling it into question.

This is exactly the case when we see that XBOX Series S can’t play an XBOX One X enhanced game. It’s like “you’re telling me it’s next gen and it’s powerful but a last gen console is out performing it in some respects, why?”

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"b-bu-but gamepass hundreds of games"

Doesn't matter in the long run but the same way "Ps4 Pro boost mode :mjlol:" was funny this is funny keep shyt a stack. :francis:
You are asking why old games aren't boosted even more and optimized to play on a newer system.

That in itself is nuts, you already get backwards compatibility with boosted resolution, fps, textures and some and now the argument you've found from people is, "well why doesn't it take full advantage of the series s?" :mjlol:

Ps4 pro boost mode played ps1 and 2 games? :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are asking why old games aren't boosted even more and optimized to play on a newer system.

That in itself is nuts, you already get backwards compatibility with boosted resolution, fps, textures and some and now the argument you've found from people is, "well why doesn't it take full advantage of the series s?" :mjlol:

Ps4 pro boost mode played ps1 and 2 games? :ohhh:
No breh, that's NOT what i'm saying. I'm saying they should boost THOSE games specifically for the Series S since it "cannot do 4K'. They already said it would so now you've essentially contradicted MSFT.

And finally, many first party games that were enhanced for Xbox One X, such as Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5, are going to be updated to make use of the extra power afforded by both Xbox Series S and X.
If I read that correctly they may update some games for the Series S specifically.
You saying "Boosted resolution, fps, textures" is a wishy washy description. "Boosted resolution" is basically capped by whatever the dev made it so so lots of 900P games that are capped will stay 900P. There are no texture upgrades either.

U get it? Sunset Overdrive will for example still be 900P/30fps even on the Series S unless it's patched to unlock the framerate and go higher than 900P. Games that are hard capped at 900P won't go up unless patched. Capped and dynamic res being sub hd is not synonymous.

Sunset Overdrive Runs At 900p/30fps On Xbox One.

THAT'S what people are talking about son. Not this strawman y'all making up to make people sound dumb.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No breh, that's NOT what i'm saying. I'm saying they should boost THOSE games specifically for the Series S since it "cannot do 4K'. They already said it would so now you've essentially contradicted MSFT.

If I read that correctly they may update some games for the Series S specifically.
You saying "Boosted resolution, fps, textures" is a wishy washy description. "Boosted resolution" is basically capped by whatever the dev made it so so lots of 900P games that are capped will stay 900P. There are no texture upgrades either.

U get it? Sunset Overdrive will for example still be 900P/30fps even on the Series S unless it's patched to unlock the framerate and go higher than 900P. Games that are hard capped at 900P won't go up unless patched. Capped and dynamic res being sub hd is not synonymous.

Sunset Overdrive Runs At 900p/30fps On Xbox One.

THAT'S what people are talking about son. Not this strawman y'all making up to make people sound dumb.
Either way you cut it that's boosted breh.

And what does that mean for series x then?

If you got a xbox and it runs a game at 4k, it's pretty simple to not expect that on the series s.

But you'll get other updated "features" whatever that might be.