Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm sure soon there will be a breakdown on how backwards compatibility works on the Series S and X

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
5fd7d9akptm51.jpg

5ulleaakptm51.jpg

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
"Don't get fixated on teraflops....'

:mjlol:
Breh...

Xbox One X = 6 teraflop high school linebacker

Series S = 4teraflop NFL Linebacker

A strong high schooler versus a moderately strong nfl athlete...Who is stronger?

nikkas acting hard-headed as fukk.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Breh...

A strong high schooler versus a moderately strong nfl athlete...Who is stronger?

nikkas acting hard-headed ass fukk.
They’re Sony stans, theyre doing it on purpose just to find anything to try and down the xbox on...

notice how they’re the main ones on this forum that act like this too.

They better hope that PS5 event is all they’re making it out to be.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Breh...

nikkas acting hard-headed ass fukk.
To piggyback you and videos showcasing what we talking bout.

XOX Does gears 5 in 4k/60
XSS Does gears 5 in 1440p/120
XSX Does gears 5 in 4k/120

None of this is confusing, this threads title helps confuse and the creator is content with spreading mass confusion. I've always compared these guys to Trump. Exact same tactics :scust:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
This is supposed to be a “next gen” console. The fact that a last gen console can run things better than it is ridiculous :gucci:
I was at least expecting them to bump up the resolution on 360 games but it doesn’t even do that either. :scust:

On top of being an all-digital console with only roughly 500gb storage space, this thing is a disaster. They should’ve named it Xbox Series P for Peasantry. I can’t believe MS kept this thing under wraps for a whole year like it was some kinda secret weapon :hhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People acting like the confusion is about teraflops :mjlol:

No, some people are wondering why(as of this post) is the Series S only playing games in the Xbox One S mode and not patched to take advantage of the strength of the system itself for games? Saying it'll boost framerates and add auto-hdr just because is meaningless PR talk because virtually 99% games are capped at either 30 or 60fps on these consoles so if a game has a dynamic res and capped fps but couldn't hit 60 often it would be improved but that's not a lot of games since the XB1 was fairly weak. That means most Xbox One S games are either going to hit 900P max or 1080P max since that was the max res the Xbox One S supported. The Xbox One S cannot play games higher than that. Upscaling is not the same as rendering the game at a resolution.

Take FFXV for example, that game on XB1 is capped at 900P max and 30fps. So you're telling me on the Xbox Series S, all it'll do is add auto-hdr and texture filtering? The 60fps mode was only on the Xbox One X mode but now since the Series S can't use the "Xbox One X enhanced" modes the game is effectively capped on a brand new system that's more than capable. It doesn't HAVE to be 4K but it could've been something better than 900P/30fps.

THAT'S what people are saying. These false analogies and calling people stupid and y'all missing the damn point claiming people are "sPrEaDiNg mIsInFoRmAtIoN!"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was at least expecting them to bump up the resolution on 360 games but it doesn’t even do that either. :scust:

On top of being an all-digital console with only roughly 500gb storage space, this thing is a disaster. They should’ve named it Xbox Series P for Peasantry. I can’t believe MS kept this thing under wraps for a whole year like it was some kinda secret weapon :hhh:
PS5 can’t even play PS3 games.
Will play next gen games at under 4K
No disc drive.
And only has 800gb of storage

P(laystation) stands for Peasant for sure :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cause yall made this dumb shyt up :mjlol:
I made this up?

“Xbox Series S was designed to be the most affordable next generation console and play next generation games at 1440P at 60fps. To deliver the highest quality backwards compatible experience consistent with the developer’s original intent, the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR.”

Come again? :lupe:

Here's the game breaker shot, this is the SAME wording for the PS4 Pro's "boost" mode you guys loved joking about.

What are the best PS4 Pro Boost Mode games? Boost Mode is a nifty PS4 Pro feature that uses the system's additional grunt to provide improved visuals, frame rates, and performance in games that aren't officially PS4 Pro Enhanced.
Anybody would see that any game that isn't Pro supported is capped at 1080P/60fps max so if a game used dynamic resolution or unlocked framerates it's not going to be magically boosted to 1440P or higher since it's not supported. The Series S is doing the SAME THING but for current gen games. :dead:

My objective point was I hope MSFT would at least patch a "Series S" mode that CAN take advantage of higher resolutions/framerates because as is NO game on the One S is going to be higher than what it supports. No game on Xbox "ONE S"(the mode these games will play on) will be actually supporting performance/resolutions that the console CAN itself play at for next gen. That's the suck part. It sucked for the Pro since it barely effected unpatched games and it'll suck here in 2020 for the Series S.

Damn do you guys not actually read the fine print? :laff:

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
People acting like the confusion is about teraflops :mjlol:

No, some people are wondering why(as of this post) is the Series S only playing games in the Xbox One S mode and not patched to take advantage of the strength of the system itself for games? Saying it'll boost framerates and add auto-hdr just because is meaningless because virtually 99% games are capped at either 30 or 60fps on these consoles so if a game has a dynamic res and capped fps but couldn't hit 60 often it would be improved but that's not a lot of games since the XB1 was fairly weak.

Take FFXV for example, that game on XB1 is capped at 900P max and 30fps. So you're telling me on the Xbox Series S, all it'll do is add auto-hdr and texture filtering? The 60fps mode was only on the Xbox One X mode but now since it can't "Xbox One X enhanced" modes the game is effectively gimped on a brand new system that's more than capable. THAT'S what people are saying. These false analogies and calling people stupid and y'all missing the damn point.
It’s meant to be a secondary system, breh. @Hiphoplives4eva can put a Series X in his bedroom, but just in case his wife’s got another nikka over he can continue to play in the pantry on his Series S, through the magic of cloud saves and play anywhere :ehh: