Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Not really...

If you have an Xbox One X enjoying these x-enhancements, you're not upgrading down to a Series S in the first place. Thats why they have a system specifically targeted to people who want the premium technical experience

Since Series S is next generation it should be able to handle all previous gen use cases. Since it can’t it’s kinda proto-next gen.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I don’t care what anybody says Series S is trash why would I buy that when I have a One X?

:mjlol:

I’m gonna wait to see just how “next level” these games look on the Series X before I think about copping. I just wanna see how Madden, 2k other games look but I’m willing to bet it’s not gonna be that much of a difference.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I don’t care what anybody says Series S is trash why would I buy that when I have a One X?

:mjlol:

I’m gonna wait to see just how “next level” these games look on the Series X before I think about copping. I just wanna see how Madden, 2k other games look but I’m willing to bet it’s not gonna be that much of a difference.

People just geeking out on the price, what they don’t realize is that it’s a huge anchor that’s gonna destroy Series X’s capabilities 3-4 years from now.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Heres the thing.... Gotta "pay the cost to be the boss"

So why should the cheaper version have ALL of the same benefits and features as the more expensive one? If we keeping it 100 No Cap, all yall clowning now would've then been like "why by the $499 version when the $299 does the exact same thing?" Then yall wouldve shytted on it regardless:russ:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
The Series S has a better CPU, and all around better modern tech than the One X, right?
So the Series S will be able to do things that the One X can’t, but not at 4K because that’s not what it’s intended for?
Am I right?

I'm sure someone else will chime in, but from what I understand it basically comes down to:

1440p @ 60 FPS (Series S) vs 4K @ 30 FPS (One X)

Idk if the One X is able to pull off 1440p @ 60 frames...

I could see a lot of the PC community going for this one since they already like to play on 1440p monitors

Last edited:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
The Series S has a better CPU, and all around better modern tech than the One X, right?
So the Series S will be able to do things that the One X can’t, but not at 4K because that’s not what it’s intended for?
Am I right?

Yes, all around better tech. Outputting 4K requires a decent amount of ram which is why Xbox One X had 9gb of usable ram. Series S is not targeting 4K therefore only has 8gb of ram. For Series S to backwards compat with the Xbone X games with the x-enhacements, either two things would need to happen....it would need enough ram to emulate the OneX 4K features, which it doesn't have......OR you would need game developers to take the time and resources to make a new individual patch for Series S that can take advantage of the Series S's features like Raytracing, HDR, etc. Developers are too busy working on their next gen games so most don't have the time or resources to put into an old game. The exception to this are games that still have a community and those are the ones that ARE getting these patches. For example: Gears 5, Destiny 2 and the newly announced patch for Borderlands 3. So basically the multiplayer focused games.

Otherwise when using backwards compat with Xbox one and 360/OG games the series s will play them just as a Xbox one OG or Xbox one S would play them, with the benefit of better framerate and artificial HDR. So for example, Saints Row 2 tanks to the low 20s at times on xbox one s, it should keep a solid 30fps and have new HDR on the Series S.

Series X on the other hand will just brute force the Xbox One X emulation, that's why it can play the x-enhancements cause it has more than enough power everywhere needed to do so.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Yes, all around better tech. Outputting 4K requires a decent amount of ram which is why Xbox One X had 9gb of usable ram. Series S is not targeting 4K therefore only has 8gb of ram. For Series S to backwards compat with the Xbone X games with the x-enhacements, either two things would need to happen....it would need enough ram to emulate the OneX 4K features, which it doesn't have......OR you would need game developers to take the time and resources to make a new individual patch for Series S that can take advantage of the Series S's features like Raytracing, HDR, etc. Developers are too busy working on their next gen games so most don't have the time or resources to put into an old game. The exception to this are games that still have a community and those are the ones that ARE getting these patches. For example: Gears 5, Destiny 2 and the newly announced patch for Borderlands 3. So basically the multiplayer focused games.

Otherwise when using backwards compat with Xbox one and 360/OG games the series s will play them just as a Xbox one OG or Xbox one S would play them, with the benefit of better framerate and artificial HDR. So for example, Saints Row 2 tanks to the low 20s at times on xbox one s, it should keep a solid 30fps and have new HDR on the Series S.

Series X on the other hand will just brute force the Xbox One X emulation, that's why it can play the x-enhancements cause it has more than enough power everywhere needed to do so.

So, a ton of misinformation being spread, again.:unimpressed:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
So, a ton of misinformation being spread, again.:unimpressed:
Folks concerned about the Series S holding consoles back...but I just don't see it. Halo 5 has a Jaguar CPU holding it back which is nothing like the situation here with S. At worst imo you'll see 720p downgrades another 4 years from now, and considering that's on a box you spent 300 dollars on 4 years ago, that ain't even a bad thing imo. You got your money's worth.

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Microsoft already showed a 1080p Xbox one game being upscaled to 4k on the Series X using the Heutchy Method. Perhaps the Series S can upscale to 2k or higher. The One X did not use the full power of the GPU to upscale 360 games like Red Dead Redemption. This time they have a much stronger CPU but less ram with the Series S.

They also confirmed that they can double the framerates of some titles. My issue is how many games would support the enhancements.

Xbox Series X: The Most Powerful and Compatible Next-Gen Console with Thousands of Games at Launch - Xbox Wire

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
They also confirmed that they can double the framerates of some titles. My issue is how many games would support the enhancements.

Xbox Series X: The Most Powerful and Compatible Next-Gen Console with Thousands of Games at Launch - Xbox Wire
And the real question is how much time are they willing to put into some of this....We had to wait for new batches of back compat games on xbox one cause this process takes time, doubling framerate and adding HDR gonna take even more time probably. So we probably looking at more limited batch releases