Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Man these nikkas see what they wanna see. Apparently xbox nikkas never make any threads about playstation but if its the other way, xbox live in y’all heads rent free. So it’s honestly no point in saying something to them
Nah, some of us ain't little kids and don't want to see the ultra lame shyt that courtdog does in the forums.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Nah, some of us ain't little kids and don't want to see the ultra lame shyt that courtdog does in the forums.
You one of the exceptions because I never see you post in either stan war threads, its a few of the Xbox dudes who always sayin it but never say it when its one way and not the other

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I hope this strategy fails because it's bringing the PC complication into consoles. You shouldn't have to be thinking about if this SKU is going to be able to run said software in a certain way...especially in the beginning of the generation. Then when we have mid-get refreshes on the hardware then it's gonna be a matrix of which SKU can run which software in which way.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's still odd to me that people thought the S wouldn't play the games as well as the X... but hey whatever.
That's not what people were saying :stopitslime:. You stay claiming people said XYZ.

They(MSFT) said that the S wouldn't play current gen games with the X1X patch but instead be updated(select games) to run with better performance. The ones that aren't though are still beholden to the caps originally set by the developer. This is exactly what Digital Foundry says in this article:

Xbox Series S brings its additional horsepower to bear in improving the experience of Xbox One S titles instead. This is more limiting in some respects (a game hard-coded to run at 900p will not run any higher on Series S, for example) but the new console benefits from increased resolutions in games that use dynamic resolution scaling, as well as improvements to texture filtering quality. Obviously, running games from solid state storage reduces loading times significantly, while the Auto HDR feature we've seen running on Series X also features on Series S - all games should present nicely on HDR screens, whether they natively support high dynamic range or not. It's a feature I personally can't wait to test. Finally, it goes without saying that CPU-limited titles should also deliver more stable performance at target frame-rates.

Let's circle back to when I said this EXACT same thing in laymen's terms:

Anybody would see that any game that isn't Pro supported is capped at 1080P/60fps max so if a game used dynamic resolution or unlocked frame rates it's not going to be magically boosted to 1440P or higher since it's not supported. The Series S is doing the SAME THING but for current gen games. :dead:

My objective point was I hope MSFT would at least patch a "Series S" mode that CAN take advantage of higher resolutions/framerates because as is NO game on the One S is going to be higher than what it supports. No game on Xbox "ONE S"(the mode these games will play on) will be actually supporting performance/resolutions that the console CAN itself play at for next gen. That's the suck part. It sucked for the Pro since it barely affected unpatched games and it'll suck here in 2020 for the Series S.

Again, I assume a few 1st party titles to do this but all those games from third parties? I doubt it outside of a few popular ones.

Devil May Cry 5 SE is coming to PS5/Series S and X. Capcom not about to patch in 120fps for free.

Reread what you said to me and what I've been saying before you accuse someone of trolling. I think the discussion has went over your head several times.

I know the XB1X patch is not going to be on the Series S which is why I've said countless times that it's going to have to have it's own patch to take advantage. The Series S will be playing a limited version of the game when it doesn't have to. It literally states it will run the XB1 S version of games AKA the version of games from 2013. The "boost" those games get naturally aren't really fully taking advantage of the hardware. "Boosted FPS" aka a game going from 50~60fps to now 60fps stable but capped at 900P with the same textures as the base XB1 game is not my idea of a "better" version of the game.

Before someone goes "but but it can be updated!" That's what I said too.

Digital Foundry said:
"We made it easy for existing Xbox One S games to be updated to run with double the frame-rate when played on Series S as well. When games are updated, existing games can query to determine whether they're running on the new console.

What I said:
Stop trying to change the topic, the topic is about Series S running games in XB1S mode absent a patch which is probably unlikely for most games.

Basically, you must be crazy if you think the thousands of XB1 games will all be magically updated to run with double the performance.

It has to be patched in for these titles which I doubt most devs will do for older games which suck. That's what I said. Not about S not performing as well as the X which I feel is you deliberately trolling to make it look like I'm just running my mouth :mjlol:

All that other noise is stan shyt u making up in your head.

Last edited: