Xbox Series S Won’t Play Xbox One X Enhancements.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Colonel: In denial, you simply resort to looking for another,
more convenient "truth" in order to make yourself feel better.
Rose: ...leaving behind in an instant the so-called "truth" you once embraced.
Colonel: Should someone like that be able to decide what is "truth"?

MGS2 legit ages like wine :ohlawd:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, both the base ps4 and xbox one already do HDR on the base consoles.
:mjlol:

These dudes keep arguing that its gonna add shyt that's already there on last gen hardware, no one x required.
Dudes is making me lose my patience :pachaha:

"eitherway that's boosted" is like basically saying PS4 Pro "boost mode" is really something worth talking about..

I can't tell if these dudes are purposefully being disingenuous at times.

:snoop:

@The Mad Titan

If a game that targeting 60fps on XB1 and ran 50~60fps now can stay locked at 60fps on Series S but is still running at 900P that's not really something worth hyping up.

There's no visual updates and improvements because it's not patched.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

"eitherway that's boosted" is like basically saying PS4 Pro "boost mode" is really something worth talking about. Like, Bloodborne is now 60fps and 4K because "boosted". I can't tell if these dudes are purposefully being disingenuous at times.

Now give me an example of a ps3, 2 or 1 game being boosted?

Getting a s and getting "boosted" anything backwards compatible is just a bonus. It's not the main course

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now give me an example of a ps3, 2 or 1 game being boosted?

Getting a s and getting "boosted" anything backwards compatible is just a bonus. It's not the main course
Stop trying to change the topic, the topic is about Series S running games in XB1S mode absent a patch which is probably unlikely for most games. Saying it's not the main course is cool but it's a next gen console. It CAN do it as DF demonstrated. It's not like it literally can't do it. You do know exactly what I'm talking about you just can't defend it because it'll expose the hypocrisy of laughing at the PS4 Pro's boost mode and now you can't say the same for the Series S.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop trying to change the topic, the topic is about Series S running games in XB1S mode absent a patch which is probably unlikely for most games. Saying it's not the main course is cool but it's a next gen console. It CAN do it as DF demonstrated. It's not like it literally can't do it. You do know exactly what I'm talking about you just can't defend it because it'll expose the hypocrisy of laughing at the Pro's boost mode and now you can't say the same for the Series S :mjlol:
The narrative is something "yall" created, I'm not worried about why the system pre release appears to not run a game natively better when it's something it appears it "can" do without a patch. Especially when every backwards compatible is getting a boost for "free" anyway.

This is a truly pointless discussion and probably why DF spent little to no time on it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The narrative is something "yall" created, I'm not worried about why the system pre release appears to not run a game natively better when it's something it appears it "can" do without a patch. Especially when every backwards compatible is getting a boost for "free" anyway.

This is a truly pointless discussion and probably why DF spent little to no time on it.

This is a truly pointless discussion because y'all keep trying to stealthily change the conversation around "running better" when that's not what is being talked about but w/e man. It's like talking to a brick wall with Xbots.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This is a truly pointless discussion because y'all keep trying to stealthily change the conversation around "running better" when that's not what is being talked about but w/e man. It's like talking to a brick wall with Xbots.
Breh...

The Xbox one x patch which gives 4k won't be on the Series S.

You know that this is what they are talking about, right?

I got you...you enjoy the dumb troll shyt. Take a break for a second...are you saying that you are surprised at this? Are you really trying to make it out to be that the Series S is going to be playing a bad version of games?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh...

The Xbox one x patch which gives 4k won't be on the Series S.

You know that this is what they are talking about, right?

I got you...you enjoy the dumb troll shyt. Take a break for a second...are you saying that you are surprised at this? Are you really trying to make it out to be that the Series S is going to be playing a bad version of games?
Reread what you said to me and what I've been saying before you accuse someone of trolling. I think the discussion has went over your head several times.

I know the XB1X patch is not going to be on the Series S which is why I've said countless times that it's going to have to have it's own patch to take advantage. The Series S will be playing a limited version of the game when it doesn't have to. It literally states it will run the XB1 S version of games AKA the version of games from 2013. The "boost" those games get naturally aren't really fully taking advantage of the hardware. "Boosted FPS" aka a game going from 50~60fps to now 60fps stable but capped at 900P with the same textures as the base XB1 game is not my idea of a "better" version of the game.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Re read what you said to me and what I've been saying before you accuse someone of trolling.
The day you found out about the specs of the series S and it being a 1440p machine that you will get got your basement hallway...

You knew it wouldn't be 4k, right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The day you found out about the specs of the series S and it being a 1440p machine that you will get got your basement hallway...
:gucci:

Dudes tryna get personal over games.

You knew it wouldn't be 4k, right?

tenor.gif

Breh just leave it alone. You don't understand what I'm talking about.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

"eitherway that's boosted" is like basically saying PS4 Pro "boost mode" is really something worth talking about..

I can't tell if these dudes are purposefully being disingenuous at times.

@The Mad Titan

If a game that targeting 60fps on XB1 and ran 50~60fps now can stay locked at 60fps on Series S but is still running at 900P that's not really something worth hyping up.

There's no visual updates and improvements because it's not patched.

To deliver the highest quality backwards compatible experience consistent with the developer’s original intent, the Xbox Series S runs the Xbox One S version of backward compatible games while applying improved texture filtering, higher and more consistent frame rates, faster load times and Auto HDR.

That answers everything you seem to have an issue with, I'm not sure what else you want? It's not just "more stable frame rates"

And HDR and Auto HDR are not equal.

So out the box the backward compatible games you've played on the xbox 1 X or 1s are going to look better ( How much better depends on if you actually took advantage of 4k or not) and run better.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That answers everything you seem to have an issue with, I'm not sure what else you want? It's not just "more stable frame rates"

And HDR and Auto HDR are not equal.

So out the box the backward compatible games you've played on the xbox 1 X or 1s are going to look better ( How much better depends on if you actually took advantage of 4k or not) and run better.
I never disputed that though so not sure why you're telling me this.

I don't have an "issue" about this, I just have an issue with people being silly and twisting words around to make people look stupid. Y'all want to have more technical convo's but then play childish games and distort someone's words to something entirely different and try to end it with "trolling lol okay".

Faster load times, better framerates(which is still limited because most games are either capped) is the bulk of it. Hell, faster load times is really the main thing here. There's nothing wrong with that but it's still limited because it can be much more to it.

Better fps is for the most part hit or miss as most games that target a framerate will hit it often more than not.

A 30fps game on XB1S is still going to be 30fps on Series S if it isn't patched. Series S isn't a mid gen refresh, it's a much more powerful hardware. Can you imagine if Sony dropped a 6TF PS5 S that did the exact things listed here?

Why is this so hard for people to get?