Xbox game pass now to include all Microsoft titles day one!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Since you're claiming we said that an emulator could NEVER be done, please provide receipts of me or @spliz saying an emulator can never be done. Even as it stands RIGHT NOW, a lot of game son the PS3 emulator are hardly playable with glitches, visual problems and runs slow as hell. I tried it myself. Persona 5 for example ran at like 10~20fps on my PC and my PC is way more powerful than a standard PS4.
Not combing through yalls posts. The conventional wisdom based off Sony's hype was that it could NEVER be done. I'm not making it up.

From wiki said:
In March 2014, Cinema Blend's William Usher wrote "A lot of gamers originally thought that the complexity of the PlayStation 3's Cell architecture would have prevented it from being emulated"

And just because the framerate is bad and needs a beefy CPU now doesn't mean performance can't be improved. Remember Zelda BOTW was fukked on the Wii U emulator just a couple months ago you needed a top of the line CPU. Now it works on most modern CPUs. And again that's with the people working on it NOT having the internal documentation hardware or software. If Sony wanted to, they could.

Y'all need to let that mystic aura of the cell go. That was last gen. Let it go :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All of this is pointless going in circles.
Do they (sony stans) want backwards compatibility or nah?
That's what I want to know.

All this explaining why sony claims they can't do something is whack.
Nobody is going to convince me that SONY an enormous company with I don't know how many thousands of nerds at their disposal and millions of dollars to throw away could not make the PS4 backwards compatible if they really wanted to.

What planet am I on right now?
Ya'll really believe that nonsense?
As you said. It's cause Sony's is so great they engineered something so complex that they can't even do it again.

fukking Sony stans man :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it doesn't behoove to think that in your mocking like behavior that you may be completely off and just would be better off admitting you don't know much about this?

Think about it.

PS3 came out in 2006.

We're in 2018 and the PS3 emulator that you guys point to as if it's the smoking gun in this argument, can hardly run any of the big AAA games on it with hardware that's over 10 years out since that console release.
Instead of trying to understand what we're talking about, you just resort to "LOOOL PS4 is weaker than PS3 confirmed you guys are defending Soony zaddy :scust:". This topic is clearly going over your head breh.

Apples and Nectarines.
No working OG Xbox emulator yet.

OG Xbox stronger than PS4 confirmed.....:mjlol:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
$30 a year for the sports games is definitely a good look especially since there's no point in keeping the previous year's game.
That's actually why I had stopped buying sports games altogether.
It’s really not tho. Because u usually get the game at the end of the season. Unless u don’t mind waiting I guess it’s a good thing.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Not combing through yalls posts. The conventional wisdom based off Sony's hype was that it could NEVER be done. I'm not making it up.

And just because the framerate is bad and needs a beefy CPU now doesn't mean performance can't be improved. Remember Zelda BOTW was fukked on the Wii U emulator just a couple months ago you needed a top of the line CPU. Now it works on most modern CPUs. And again that's with the people working on it NOT having the internal documentation hardware or software. If Sony wanted to, they could.

Y'all need to let that mystic aura of the cell go. That was last gen. Let it go :mjlol:
But noone in this THREAD said that fukkboi. So why bring it up? It has NOTHING to do with the discussion.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The conversation in this thread shifted once the claim was made that Sony couldn't make PS4 backwards compatible even if they wanted to.
I call B.S. on that on that and no amount of Sony documentation would change my mind on that.
In R&D costs, development, production, whatever you want to consider, would it be more, or less than $380 million for Sony to implement backwards compatibility on the PS4?
This is my counter point to all the Sony defense. Because what it all boils down to is money.
Sony saw an opportunity with PS Now to hit up their base for another subscription fee. Making the console backwards compatible would work against that investment.
Look at the points I brought up in this thread alone in regards to Xbox game pass.
I'm not even considering the game pass because the console is already backwards compatible.
Sony clearly understands this logic, which is why they chose to spend their $380 million on a streaming service instead of on making their console backwards compatible.
Jesus Christ.

BC in regards to what? PS1?PS2?? I'm not talking about THOSE platforms.

I'm talking about PS3.

Stop goal shifting.

No amount of money will make the PS4 as it is suddenly become able to emulate and run high profile PS3 games on a PS3 emulator with no issues. The fact that an emulator exists and still has trouble running most games at a stable, playable level on hardware that's VASTLY superior to PS4 says a lot but you here keep talking about "Oh but they spent 380 million on PS Now so they could've figured it out."

This is a hardware problem, not money problem. PS2 and PS1 BC can be done because PS2 BC exists already on PS4.

This isn't "Sony Documentation", this is hardware breakdowns from tech heads. The fact you keep reverting to this as some sort of Sonysplanation when this is anything someone who broke down the hardware can explain will tell you is something else.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mindblown:

The WII U isn't fukking comparable to a fukking PS3 cell emulation. :mindblown:

WII U IS POWERPC BASED.

You nikkas are fukking stupid as fukk jesus christ. I swear you dudes are the worst to talk to. :hhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mindblown:

The WII U isn't fukking comparable to a fukking PS3 cell emulation. :mindblown:

WII U IS POWERPC BASED.

You nikkas are fukking stupid as fukk jesus christ. I swear you dudes are the worst to talk to. :hhh:

Obviously they are different architecture. But the general idea is the same.

At first without individual attention you had to brute force it. As the engineeres had time to work on it, the CPU requirements were greatly reduced.

Therefore your argument that the current requirements to run PS3 games are to high, doesn't hold weight because those requirements will be reduced as more work is done on the emulator.

And again these are private citizens with very limited recourses and documentation.

Sony themselves could/would do a much better job with much less work.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Jesus Christ.

BC in regards to what? PS1?PS2?? I'm not talking about THOSE platforms.

I'm talking about PS3.

Stop goal shifting.

No amount of money will make the PS4 as it is suddenly become able to emulate and run high profile PS3 games on a PS3 emulator with no issues. The fact that an emulator exists and still has trouble running most games at a stable, playable level on hardware that's VASTLY superior to PS4 says a lot but you here keep talking about "Oh but they spent 380 million on PS Now so they could've figured it out."

This is a hardware problem, not money problem. PS2 and PS1 BC can be done because PS2 BC exists already on PS4.

This isn't "Sony Documentation", this is hardware breakdowns from tech heads. The fact you keep reverting to this as some sort of Sonysplanation when this is anything someone who broke down the hardware can explain will tell you is something else.
That Sony Koolaid is strong as fukk.

Y'all still feeling the effects 10 years later...:wow:

The real "techheads" are working on a PS3 emulator now.

The "techheads" you are referring to are forum stans like @spliz that think they know what they are taping about :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You ever walk into the house after a long day of work. look in the cabinets and grab every herb and spice you have, throw it on some chicken, roll it in some batter, maybe you have some egg wash in a bowl, fry it in some canola oil, when it comes out you hit it with some hot sauce, maybe sweet baby rays bbq sauce, sit down, eat it with the amazing satisfaction, but then you realize...although you made this incredible succulent chicken, you forgot to write down the recipe? The realization washed over your soul. You just had the best chicken you made in your entire life but you will never be able to replicate the results. Friends and family will be at your funeral talking about "yo you remember that time he made that chicken with the crispy skin and that hot sauce!??? Can you believe this fool never wrote down the recipe???". 3 generations of grand children tell the story of the amazing chicken you made, and look at each other with disgust at the fact that you never bothered to write down the recipe and prep procedures. Why? Because you were selfish. Why were you selfish? Because you were exhausted and hungry, and in the moment you were only thinking about yourself.

That...in a nutshell...is how the PS3 was developed............according to Sony stans

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You ever walk into the house after a long day of work. look in the cabinets and grab every herb and spice you have, throw it on some chicken, roll it in some batter, maybe you have some egg wash in a bowl, fry it in some canola oil, when it comes out you hit it with some hot sauce, maybe sweet baby rays bbq sauce, sit down, eat it with the amazing satisfaction, but then you realize...although you made this incredible succulent chicken, you forgot to write down the recipe? The realization washed over your soul. You just had the best chicken you made in your entire life but you will never be able to replicate the results. Friends and family will be at your funeral talking about "yo you remember that time he made that chicken with the crispy skin and that hot sauce!??? Can you believe this fool never wrote down the recipe???". 3 generations of grand children tell the story of the amazing chicken you made, and look at each other with disgust at the fact that you never bothered to write down the recipe and prep procedures. Why? Because you were selfish. Why were you selfish? Because you were exhausted and hungry, and in the moment you were only thinking about yourself.

That...in a nutshell...is how the PS3 was developed............according to Sony stans
I get home from a long day at work and grab some herb... :ahh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ths made me laugh but this is not true at all.

Emulation isn't trying to cook fukking chicken dog.

Emulation is having that recipe down but someone telling you to recreate it without chicken but with vegetables only for a vegan.

Damn dummy :mjlol: