Xbox Developer Direct 2024 | Trailers Posted | (CONSOLE WAR NEUTRAL THREAD)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure why they demo'd Avowed with those first hour combat spells and attacks. The game showcase trailer last year already had people down on the game, they needed to show something more bombastic.

Some gameplay is still better than a CG trailer

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure why they demo'd Avowed with those first hour combat spells and attacks. The game showcase trailer last year already had people down on the game, they needed to show something more bombastic.

Someone on reddit said Avowed looks less responsive than Dark Messiah and I kind of agree :mjlol:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Someone on reddit said Avowed looks less responsive than Dark Messiah and I kind of agree :mjlol:

Dark Messiah was a physics sandbox through and through. Game got repetitive as fukk but kicking people was always hilarious

I know with avowed they talked earlier about some similar things in DM like combining spells with each other or the environment so hopefully we see more of that soon.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Combat in the Indy game looks like a means to an end if you fukk up the stealth set piece, I bet the focus will be the puzzles after you clear out an area. Almost like a linear narrative based around the tombs in Tomb Raider.

I wonder if they’re gonna do that annoyin thing they do in wolfenstein where the moment you get spotted in stealth you gotta just kill everything

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if they’re gonna do that annoyin thing they do in wolfenstein where the moment you get spotted in stealth you gotta just kill everything
I think the stealth will be way more forgiving to make it play smoother, stealth in Wolfenstein is pretty much a novelty. It's almost impossible to stealth an entire area, especially in the first game.

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The wild thing is if they put the camera in the same spot that it is for gow or Spiderman these dudes would be doing backflips to hit XXX ∆ O XXX or maybe if they sprinkled in some QTE in those cut scenes :mjlol:
Nah the wild thing is that y’all shyt on PS games for the exact same thing you praise Xbox games for.

But on topic, Avowed looks cool, I need to see more of the rest.

:manny:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
These niccas are petrified to show off hellblade gameplay. They do whatever they can to never actually show that shyt.

It's most likely 99% exactly the same as the first game, it's not meant to be sold as an AAA experience, people who haven't played it will be disappointed.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dudes eating up BG3 combat 🎲🎲 graphical bugs, save glitches, crashes and all.

But avowed combat looks "ancient" :mjlol: