Xbox Developer Direct 2024 | Trailers Posted | (CONSOLE WAR NEUTRAL THREAD)

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Indiana Jones still trending #1. Xbox needs to continue to strategically get licensed IP. MachineGames and Arcane Lyon couldn't have been the only two studios to make requests.

I'm gonna use that whip-grab and punch mechanic the whole game. :wow:

I didn't see any slides though - we gotta be able to slide under some trap doors.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:I would’ve preferred a 3rd person Indy game. But would you rather Machinegames do what they’re comfortable in. Or try something different and risk fumbling it. I know there’s been plenty of studios that killed it across multiple of genres. But if Machinegames wants to do what they’re known for let them be.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Avowed looks like garbage

only a matter of time

I need one of these Avowed fans to tell me what they saw in that reveal that excites them so god damn much. It was the weakest showing imo, I thought Visions of Mana looked more interesting and I hate anime styled games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I need one of these Avowed fans to tell me what they saw in that reveal that excites them so god damn much. It was the weakest showing imo, I thought Visions of Mana looked more interesting and I hate anime styled games.
It looks like outer worlds in a fantasy setting. I like outer worlds :ehh:

Obsideon is good at story telling through gameplay.

If you are a fan of their games then you know, if not the gameplay isn’t gonna stand out as the flashiest or most interesting to people who aren’t there for an RPG experience. :manny:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
It looks like outer worlds in a fantasy setting. I like outer worlds :ehh:

Obsideon is good at story telling through gameplay.

If you are a fan of their games then you know, if not the gameplay isn’t gonna stand out as the flashiest or most interesting to people who aren’t there for an RPG experience. :manny:

I'm a huge fan of Obsidian, but you're relying of their track record, you could have completely missed the reveal and felt the same way. What did you see today that impressed you?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm a huge fan of Obsidian, but you're relying of their track record, you could have completely missed the reveal and felt the same way. What did you see today that impressed you?
For one it confirmed what i wanted/expected the game to be. Also the graphics and setting were cool, i like the fact that it’s colorful and not just drab greys and browns like most fantasy games. I like that they are going deep into choice and consequences which is what’s missing in a lot of modern RPGs, i think Starfiled was lacking in that aspect. The combat looks like most any other first person hack n slash, but i did like the part about being able to switch on the fly and dual wield different weapons to come up with combinations.

But yeah, the biggest thing for me was the confirmation that this is obsidian making an obsidian ass game.

You could look at Pentiment in trailers and say “there was nothing impressive there” and i would have agreed with you. Turned out to be one of my favorite games of recent times due to the story, conversations, and choice/consequnce gameplay. All things that don’t really show up in a 2 minute trailer like that.