Xbox and Nintendo make more profit than Playstation off less revenue

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
People were not hype for rare games in particular, not like they were for Capcom, EA, Sega or Nintendo.

I've never heard nor read anyone say "I can't wait for the next rare game to drop"

When they dropped they dropped and were gems. But it wasn't something people were hype about nor understood how it worked the company worked.

People thought KI was for midway and figured donkey was Nintendo. Same with golden eye. If you ask people to this day golden eye is a Nintendo game not a rare game.

I don't think rare got its own proper recognition until perfect dark, which was right before the company got bought and most of the OG people left.
"I wasn't hyped for rare games, must mean no one else was"

I remember playing blast corps just because it was on the cover of nintendo power with the caption "made by rare"

Edit: And to add you know how many games I avoided at blockbuster because of the LJN logo. All those games were trash and everyone knew it due to the LJN logo.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Midfield got Xbots desperate for a W. You hate to see it :mjlol:

captain-america-whatever.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I wasn't hyped for rare games, must mean no one else was"

I remember playing blast corps just because it was on the cover of nintendo power with the caption "made by rare"
If you ain't have feet down during that time I can't take what you saying seriously.

I was always hype for a rare game, your average person wasn't because they didn't have enough information nor did most care about a publisher just because of their history, unless it was like a EA, Capcom or Nintendo.

I spent hours explaining to parents that were upset about CBFD, that Nintendo didn't make the game, and to randoms that Nintendo didn't make conkers, rare did

Again, it wast until around this time with conkers and perfect dark did people kinda start to recognize rare as a publisher.

So yes no one was hype, people didn't come into the store and want to reserve the next rare title. It just wasn't a thing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you ain't have feet down during that time I can't take what you saying seriously.

I was always hype for a rare game, your average person wasn't because they didn't have enough information nor did most care about a publisher just because of their history, unless it was like a EA, Capcom or Nintendo.

I spent hours explaining to parents that we're upset about CBFD, that Nintendo didn't make the game, and to randoms that Nintendo didn't make conkers, rare did

Again, it wast until around this time with conkers and perfect dark did people kinda start to recognize rare as a publisher.

So yes no one was hype, people didn't come into the store and want to reserve the next rare title. It just wasn't a thing.

Thats with most games, but people can recognize after the fact that Rare produced a lot of quality games they grew up with.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I spent hours explaining to parents that were upset about CBFD, that Nintendo didn't make the game, and to randoms that Nintendo didn't make conkers, rare did

So what you’re saying is yes, people were hyped for rare games.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats with most games, but people can recognize after the fact that Rare produced a lot of quality games they grew up with.
After the fact.
So what you’re saying is yes, people were hyped for rare games.
No people weren't hype for rare games. Like I said, they didn't have the knowledge or info to make a distinction. And even if they did, people were sitting around waiting, preordering or hype for the next rare title.

The biggest talk around rare as a whole was conker and perfect dark. Now in retrospect people talk about everything rare, but at the time it wasn't like this.

The games people were actually hype for we constantly got reminders, updates, and emails/newsletters about in order to push reservations.

Rare games never were on that list nor was it even discussed outside of like the hardcore gamers

Again your casual gamers and even none Casual gamers couldn't have told you why rare games were on Nintendo mostly and then randomly on other things like arcade machines from time to time.

Rare was just Nintendo to them.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is because Playstation itself is paying for the Bungie acquisition they’ve already stated this, while microsoft pays for the acquisitions for xbox division. They also reinvested money back into game development.

BWDxfu3.jpg
Bungie isn't being expensed. The acquisition of Bungie is a balance sheet transaction because they acquired an asset. Debit an asset account, credit the cash account. No parts of this purchase landed on the income statement. Subsequently, the revenues and expenses of games lands on the income statement due to the capitalization of the asset on the balance sheet and then expensing to the income statement.

Tldr:

Revenue: Cash owed for services rendered or products provided. On the income statement
Expenses: Cash paid for general operating expenses like rent, utilities, etc. On the income statement.
Asset: Purchase of a good/service/patent that is expected to generate cash flow in the future. On the balance sheet.

Revenue - Expenses equals net income. Destiny revenue and expenses for upkeep go on the income statement but the acquisition is on the balance sheet because Sony is not going to understate their value by erroneously expensing 3.6 billion dollars off of the balance sheet.

$0.02 from someone who does this for a living. Sony being third is not impacted by Bungie.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bungie isn't being expensed. The acquisition of Bungie is a balance sheet transaction because they acquired an asset. Debit an asset account, credit the cash account. No parts of this purchase landed on the income statement. Subsequently, the revenues and expenses of games lands on the income statement due to the capitalization of the asset on the balance sheet and then expensing to the income statement.

Tldr:

Revenue: Cash owed for services rendered or products provided. On the income statement
Expenses: Cash paid for general operating expenses like rent, utilities, etc. On the income statement.
Asset: Purchase of a good/service/patent that is expected to generate cash flow in the future. On the balance sheet.

Revenue - Expenses equals net income. Destiny revenue and expenses for upkeep go on the income statement but the acquisition is on the balance sheet because Sony is not going to understate their value by erroneously expensing 3.6 billion dollars off of the balance sheet.

$0.02 from someone who does this for a living. Sony being third is not impacted by Bungie.
They gon ray Charles this post

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Tldr:

They know all this as Phil explained it in the trial. :pachaha: