Xbox and Nintendo make more profit than Playstation off less revenue

Half A $

Pro
Daps
I still can't believe a larry stan is trying to downplay Rare's Nintendo 64 output which fukking carried them that gen.

Is it because they helped Nintendo finish second something Xbox can't even do after 77 billion?

lmao at acting like Sea of Thieves which might as well be a f2p game (and does far worse compared to say Genshin on ps4/5) is good but noone was hype for goldeneye and shyt.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still can't believe a larry stan is trying to downplay Rare's Nintendo 64 output which fukking carried them that gen.

Is it because they helped Nintendo finish second something Xbox can't even do after 77 billion?

lmao at acting like Sea of Thieves which might as well be a f2p game (and does far worse compared to say Genshin on ps4/5) is good but noone was hype for goldeneye and shyt.
What rare game did you preorder? What rare game had people hype before release?

Half A $

Pro
Daps
RARE games from SNES-Nintendo 64 which had no hype. :picard:

Donkey Kong Country - 9.3 million
Goldeneye - 8 million
Donkey Kong 64 - 5.2 million
DKC2 - 5.1 million
Diddy Kong Racing 4.8 million
Banjoo - 3.6 million
DCK3 - 3.5 million
Killer Instinct - 3.2 million
Perfect Dark 2.5 million

XboxOne best MS Studio game sales, people lining up to preorder this shyt. :blessed:

Halo 5 - 5 million
Forza Motorsport 5 - 2 million
Ryse: Son of Rome - 1.28 million

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stan's can't answer the question because there aren't any rare games that got hype going into a release.

Actually there is one but again since most y'all wasn't out there like that you'll probably never name it.

Rare games got released and then blew up after people got hands on with them, but as a publisher no one was name dropping rare or listing them with the big dogs. Mostly because the average person didn't care or just thought rare was a part of Nintendo.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Industry mags were all on Rares dikk during that time, what the fukk are you on about? They were literally one of the most hyped studios in the world alongside Blizzard and Squaresoft in that era and MS buying Rare was a big deal even if it didn't live up to their N64 output.

Studio's were famous in that era, Blizzard, Squaresoft, Rare, Sega's AM2 Division which put out classic after classic in the arcades etc

Is becoming stupid/delusional a prerequisite for being an MS stan?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Industry mags were all on Rares dikk during that time, what the fukk are you on about? They were literally one of the most hyped studios in the world alongside Blizzard and Squaresoft in that era and MS buying Rare was a big deal even if it didn't live up to their N64 output.

Studio's were famous in that era, Blizzard, Squaresoft, Rare, Sega's AM2 Division which put out classic after classic in the arcades etc

Its funny because Rare was one of the few studios i knew by name, especially western companies. No way someone was playing back to back donkey kong country games along with diddy kong racing, jet force Gemini, golden eye, conker later on

@The Mad Titan is smoking crack

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Its funny because Rare was one of the few studios i knew by name, especially western companies. No way someone was playing back to back donkey kong country games along with diddy kong racing, jet force Gemini, golden eye, conker later on

Rare was a hot studio back then. I can’t pretend like they were on the level of BioWare, Squaresoft or Blizzard.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How many people you chopped it up with about a rare game that was coming out or what you wanted from rare? How many games did you pre order?

Again all that rare was popular is fine, they were.

They just werent mentioned with greats nor were people sitting around waiting for the next rare game, nor were stores pushing rare games.

Rare games were the games that dropped and Nintendo would put in the demo system, people would absolutely love them and then they'd go on to sell a ton.

Rare games would outsell games that got push and hype by retailers. But rare themselves wasn't casually known like that even among gamers...and I mentioned why earlier it was more so because people didn't realize rare and Nintendo were separate.

But when people saw the rare logo there was NO question on if the game was going to be enjoyable. Rare games might be the least returned games from a publisher now that I think about it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Titan, just stop it fam. At this point you're looking extremely foolish.

"how many games did you pre order?"
nikka, most of us were fukking little kids. I was 8 years old when Diddy Kong Racing came out, I wasn't fukking preordering shyt.
So don't tell a nikka that was probably behind the counter explaining to you the difference between rare, Nintendo, a publisher and a developer. :martin:

I'm telling y'all nikkas because i had feet on the ground, I got the internal emails, news letters and reports, and I got to travel to conventions, regional meetings and shows, and I was talking to customers about games as a whole

:stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So don't tell a nikka that was probably behind the counter explaining to you the difference between rare, Nintendo, a publisher and a developer. :martin:

I'm telling y'all nikkas because i had feet on the ground, I got the internal emails, news letters and reports, and I got to travel to conventions, regional meetings and shows, and I was talking to customers about games as a whole

Sure

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I doubt you’re that much older than any of us to be on this “i was outside” shyt. :mjlol:

Nikka we all knew what Rare was, we wasn’t on the internet gassing them but their games were all on the cover of magazines and everywhere else you looked. They were one of the more popular developers in the 90’s