Xbox and Nintendo make more profit than Playstation off less revenue

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
What rare did you reserve at your local game store?

If I had the means as a child under ten I'd have reserved them if I knew the possibility existed. What type of retort is this to what is otherwise one of the dumbest statements made in this sub forum, stanning or not?

Rare was arguably the strongest console studio not named Nintendo in the west.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
RARE games from SNES-Nintendo 64 which had no hype. :picard:

Donkey Kong Country - 9.3 million
Goldeneye - 8 million
Donkey Kong 64 - 5.2 million
DKC2 - 5.1 million
Diddy Kong Racing 4.8 million
Banjoo - 3.6 million
DCK3 - 3.5 million
Killer Instinct - 3.2 million
Perfect Dark 2.5 million

XboxOne best MS Studio game sales, people lining up to preorder this shyt. :blessed:

Halo 5 - 5 million
Forza Motorsport 5 - 2 million
Ryse: Son of Rome - 1.28 million
Dam perfect dark did almost 3m's? god dam.

My baby joanna :mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry: , stop playin wit ha

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Industry mags were all on Rares dikk during that time, what the fukk are you on about? They were literally one of the most hyped studios in the world alongside Blizzard and Squaresoft in that era and MS buying Rare was a big deal even if it didn't live up to their N64 output.

Studio's were famous in that era, Blizzard, Squaresoft, Rare, Sega's AM2 Division which put out classic after classic in the arcades etc

Is becoming stupid/delusional a prerequisite for being an MS stan?

Essentially he talked himself into a corner and he’s gonna find a way to talk himself out instead of just admitting it was a dumb thing to say in the first place

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Essentially he talked himself into a corner and he’s gonna find a way to talk himself out instead of just admitting it was a dumb thing to say in the first place
This isn't even true :mjlol:

Game mags didn't even really hype up studios in general around that time, like gaming sites and influencers do now, doesn't matter the studio.

I'll say it again RARE wasn't bought up in the conversation when people, retailers and gamers spoke of gaming devs in the mid to late 90s and early 2000 it was always, (and in no order) like Capcom, square, Konami, blizzard, Nintendo, rockstar N. Activision, thq and folks like that. I understand where y'all coming from, RARE was crazy popular and sold tons, and they had diverse games. But again Rare wasn't really hyped up nor did people sit anticipate Rare games, Rare was just a company under Nintendo to most people, just like gamefreak is now.

Daps
Xbox’s spending is hidden behind microsoft not their xbox division, they’re accounting is also different with revenue also
So you're saying that PS5 numbers are just PS5 numbers while it's harder to get a read on Xbox because MS is essentially using their war-chest to fund Xbox instead of the consoles sales carrying Xbox solo?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So you're saying that PS5 numbers are just PS5 numbers while it's harder to get a read on Xbox because MS is essentially using their war-chest to fund Xbox instead of the consoles sales carrying Xbox solo?

Yeah, Bungie was bought and paid for with playstation money, Xbox’s acquisitions were Microsoft, thats why they never have to disclose that much details behind the gaming division.

Daps
I hate how I missed this thread in the beginning. However, I've spoken on this a long time ago

The bold is the reality. Microsoft gets to move around the Monopoly board taking 5 turns to your every one. Eventually, it doesn't even matter if you own Boardwalk or Park Place if you can't even make to Free Parking with your bank account intact because Microsoft put hotels on everything, somehow, even the damn railroads and utilities. Cold world.
Question is.....the games.

When are they coming and will MS capitalize this gen or next gen?

Daps
Yeah, Bungie was bought and paid for with playstation money, Xbox’s acquisitions were Microsoft, thats why they never have to disclose that much details behind the gaming division.
Interesting.

Feel like MS wanted to manage things the way Sony has but have rolled snake eyes for the 2nd consecutive generation. The strategy is smart but it's also an admission that the console cannot carry its own weight. They need to use the trillion dollar MS treasure chest to money-whip Sony into submission.

All is fair in love, war and business but you gotta produce games that make people wanna buy your console. Otherwise it just looks like an EA Sports move to block 2k and own the market like Madden.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Interesting.

Feel like MS wanted to manage things the way Sony has but have rolled snake eyes for the 2nd consecutive generation. The strategy is smart but it's also an admission that the console cannot carry its own weight. They need to use the trillion dollar MS treasure chest to money-whip Sony into submission.

All is fair in love, war and business but you gotta produce games that make people wanna buy your console. Otherwise it just looks like an EA Sports move to block 2k and own the market like Madden.

The concept of consoles are basically over and it will be an aftee thought heading toward next gen. Apple proved this with their ray tracing Resident Evil gameplay on the Iphone. Microsoft been trying to tell yall

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:heh: bruh.

Both Xbox and Playstation are segments within Microsoft and Sony, and are bound to segment reporting requirements. It's all Sony money or Microsoft money. Playstation represents a gigantic portion of Sony's overall revenue and profit, and thus more information is presented because the users of the financial statements care to see this. Xbox however, represents a smaller portion to Microsofts overall business, and thus only required information needs to be disclosed.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:heh: bruh.

Both Xbox and Playstation are segments within Microsoft and Sony, and are bound to segment reporting requirements. It's all Sony money or Microsoft money. Playstation represents a gigantic portion of Sony's overall revenue and profit, and thus more information is presented because the users of the financial statements care to see this. Xbox however, represents a smaller portion to Microsofts overall business, and thus only required information needs to be disclosed.

Thats exactly what i said

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats exactly what i said

That is not what you said.

Yeah, Bungie was bought and paid for with playstation money

"Playstation money" is Sony money. "Playstation" and Sony are not separate companies in the sense where Playstation would produce its own financial statements to the public. Playstation is a major segment within Sony Corp and is included in Sony's consolidated financial statements.

Xbox’s acquisitions were Microsoft, thats why they never have to disclose that much details behind the gaming division.

This doesn't even make any sense. Microsoft doesn't include detail Xbox metrics in the same way Sony does because they measure gaming in a different way than Sony, i.e. they focus more on cloud gaming rather than traditional console sales. They have been saying this for years. They are also required to disclose major acquitisions and the details behind that, which they have. Not because "Xbox's acquisitions were Microsoft"