Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
According to these assclowns the only valid games are games like Psychonuts 2 (a game they never seem to shut up about), High on Life, or Grounded, i.e. games so childish in their production values and presentation that no one would ever mistake them for a movie

The uglier and worse playing the less it could be mistaken as a movie

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hey man. You clearly have an idea of what a movie game is. Don’t know why you decided to play dumb in 2023.

As you said ND pioneered it. Everyone is just following at this point.
No, YOU don't know what the hell a movie game is nor do you even know what the hell you're talking about. You're about as coherent as a 1 beer sipped Joe Biden on taco Tuesdays when it comes to this.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely insane :mjlol:

Lets be honest, the only reason they consider some games “movie” games and not others is because sony is incredibly good at making them and invest a considerable budget into them.

The only way they can downplay it at this point is to hate on the very thing they excel at, production value. If you give them the same game as a 3rd party multiplatform game, same structure, same amount of cutscenes, worse gameplay, they won’t categorize it as such.
I don't really like first person games. :yeshrug:

My favorite games are Battlefield, COD, Medal of Honor, Doom, and Deathloop.

I don't know I find games like Halo kind of boring. They're too heavy on alien/sci-fi stuff. Too much open space doing mindless shooting.

I love Destiny 2 :ohlawd:

What? Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time. I'm not a stan, seriously.

You know, Halo's mechanics are shallow, I guess alien games are like that.

If you were confused by this post, this is how I feel everyday reading shyt from Meach and The Mid titan :mjlol:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The uglier and worse playing the less it could be mistaken as a movie
I don't know if you recall the comments here immediately after the Halo Infinite Craig reveal, how nikkas was juelzing about "Halo has never been about graphics, it's always been about gameplay"

Well, I was browsing r/XboxSeriesX and ever since the trailers for Redfall and Starfield dropped, and looked graphically identical to Fallout 4, people there have started rationalizing to themselves that the "Most Powerful Console" was never about graphics, they only bought it for the gameplay

It makes me sad to see these dudes so deep into the Xbox ecosystem that they can't cut their losses and get out of this abusive relationship

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hey man. You clearly have an idea of what a movie game is. Don’t know why you decided to play dumb in 2023.

As you said ND pioneered it. Everyone is just following at this point.

@Fatboi1 is trolling he literally describes what people call a movie games from Sony to a T, then goes on to list any game with cut scenes as "movie" games to debate for no reason.

Let's refrain from calling them movie games as Sony Stan's feel that is a derogatory term and it triggers them.

Apparently all games are movie games, sometimes, but Sony does them the best! But when Sony does it they aren't really movie games unless your a "Xbot" and have never played any actual movie games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, YOU don't know what the hell a movie game is nor do you even know what the hell you're talking about. You're about as coherent as a 1 beer sipped Joe Biden on taco Tuesdays when it comes to this.
Uhh yeah. Uncharted pioneered cinematic gaming. Other games before it didn't really nail it and UC2 did hence why UC2 pioneered cinematic gaming. You said other games before had set pieces. I said no other games before UC2 had that cinematic flair to the whole package.
Let's just stop playing around here. Who the hell you know was calling games before UC2 "Like a movie", "Cinematic". "Blockbuster summer like!"?? :stopitslime:
Nothing was labeled as such. When you think of cinematic "games" last gen, UC2 is most likely the first to be brought up. When you think of cinematic, you think of movie like features with Life like acting, cinematic angles, crazy action set pieces and story telling. Games before UC2 certainly weren't life like because there just wasn't anything able to do so.
I agree with the old @Fatboi1

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well, I was browsing r/XboxSeriesX and ever since the trailers for Redfall and Starfield dropped, and looked graphically identical to Fallout 4, people there have started rationalizing to themselves that the "Most Powerful Console" was never about graphics, they only bought it for the gameplay

Like clockwork, you remember how many discussions we had about how much more powerful the series x was and how all these multiplatform games was shytting on ps5?

Now when xbox starts getting exclusives its back to “its not about graphics” :mjlol:

“Hey bro i love games like pentiment and grounded and sea of Theives, i don’t play graphics”

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Like clockwork, you remember how many discussions we had about how much more powerful the series x was and how all these multiplatform games was shytting on ps5?

Now when xbox starts getting exclusives its back to “its not about graphics” :mjlol:

“Hey bro i love games like pentiment and grounded and sea of Theives, i don’t play graphics”
The hilarious thing is, that subreddit had a complete meltdown once those Digital Foundry comparisons started dropping and it turned out that Cerny built a technically far superior machine

Read this for the lolz

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The hilarious thing is, that subreddit had a complete meltdown once those Digital Foundry comparisons started dropping and it turned out that Cerny built a technically far superior machine

Read this for the lolz

Jesus, any concentrated group of xbox stans could generate enough stupidity to power a toaster

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When I think of a movie game God of War Ragnarok and The Last of Us 2 come to mind. It has nothing to do with the length of the cutscenes, moreso how they are presented and the gameplay design choices.

It felt like every few minutes playing Ragnarok there was an unskippable cutscene taking away my agency over the game. There are literally QTE events in that shyt that you can't lose... literally the scene will pause until you hit the damn button. That Atreus meeting up with Angrboda the first time that was over an hour of them in the swamp riding on the back of a yak picking fukking fruit just to lead into a WOAT boss fight that really had NOTHING TO DO with the overarching plot was where I finally turned it off and haven't picked it up.

If you like it fine, but I can't get jiggy with that shyt. Playing Skyrim after Ragnarok was refreshing because I felt like I was just playing a fukking game again and not being bombarded with story, cutscenes, and exposition.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Movie game isn’t a thing

But also

Sony does them best.

Sony stans crazy af :mjlol:

Your entire dumb ass logic from the beginning is “sony stans watch games, we play them” when in fact you’re playing games that are just as cutscene heavy and don’t have half the thought out good playing mechanics of sony first party games.

Nothing you say makes any real sense

Ratchet and Clank is a better playing game than Psychonauts 2

And damn near every sony first party game has better gameplay than witcher 3 and its not even close