Duckburg, NY
So why the fukk we playing dumb breh

fresh-prince-we.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your entire dumb ass logic from the beginning is “sony stans watch games, we play them” when in fact you’re playing games that are just as cutscene heavy and don’t have half the thought out good playing mechanics of sony first party games.

Nothing you say makes any real sense

Ratchet and Clank is a better playing game than Psychonauts 2

And damn near every sony first party game has better gameplay than witcher 3 and its not even close
i’ve literally never said anything about cutscene length.

Again you clearly know what a movie game is when you are praising sony for being the best at them. Don’t know why you have such confusion when i say it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I think of a movie game God of War Ragnarok and The Last of Us 2 come to mind. It has nothing to do with the length of the cutscenes, moreso how they are presented and the gameplay design choices.

It felt like every few minutes playing Ragnarok there was an unskippable cutscene taking away my agency over the game. There are literally QTE events in that shyt that you can't lose... literally the scene will pause until you hit the damn button. That Atreus meeting up with Angrboda the first time that was over an hour of them in the swamp riding on the back of a yak picking fukking fruit just to lead into a WOAT boss fight that really had NOTHING TO DO with the overarching plot was where I finally turned it off and haven't picked it up.

If you like it fine, but I can't get jiggy with that shyt. Playing Skyrim after Ragnarok was refreshing because I felt like I was just playing a fukking game again and not being bombarded with story, cutscenes, and exposition.
Bruh this is where I started to get really aggy with the game. I could tell I was playing "filler" and it didn't feel good nor fun.

It picks up after that but truthfully not terribly much. The best part of my gow rag experience is when they essentially cut you loose and let you just travel and explore everything so basically towards the end.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i’ve literally never said anything about cutscene length.

Again you clearly know what a movie game is when you are praising sony for being the best at them. Don’t know why you have such confusion when i say it.

Who’s playing dumb now? Did you not make the argument that sony is making ‘movie’ games at the detriment of providing good gameplay? Which is funny because i will take sonys first studio gameplay over damn near all those games you listed that you like.

Especially Yakuza

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who’s playing dumb now? Did you not make the argument that sony is making ‘movie’ games at the detriment of providing good gameplay? Which is funny because i will take sonys first studio gameplay over damn near all those games you listed that you like.

Especially Yakuza
That has nothing to do with cutscene length.

Movie games make some very distinct design choices that just make them feel like less of a game and more of an experience.

Some of you really enjoy that. You even say sony is the best at it, which i agree with. I just get bored with that style of game.:manny:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That has nothing to do with cutscene length.

Movie games make some very distinct design choices that just make them feel like less of a game and more of an experience.

Some of you really enjoy that. You even say sony is the best at it, which i agree with. I just get bored with that style of game.:manny:
What are some good games in your opinion? AAA from late last gen or from this gen

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Bruh this is where I started to get really aggy with the game. I could tell I was playing "filler" and it didn't feel good nor fun.

It picks up after that but truthfully not terribly much. The best part of my gow rag experience is when they essentially cut you loose and let you just travel and explore everything so basically towards the end.
I can't do it bro, GOW 2018 was just alright to me, but Ragnarok doubled down on the design choices that I disliked in 2018. shyt is frustrating seeing what the series became, and people cheer for that shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven't played Yakuza or RE8, but explain to me how the others are movie games?

Fallen order literally follows the same exact gameplay loop as god of war the game you absolutely abhor lol

Its literally like levels broken up with combat encounters and puzzles, then slow walking cutscenes, the entire game is aped from the newer god of war games

And it doesn’t do any of it half as good

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Fallen order literally follows the same exact gameplay loop as god of war the game you absolutely abhor lol

Its literally labyrinth like levels broken up with combat encounters and puzzles, then slow walking cutscenes, the entire game is aped from the newer god of war games

And it doesn’t do any of it half as good
Fallen Order didn't have nearly as many immersion breaking moments as God Of War bro, stop it fam. Lol

There was not one time in Fallen Order where I spent over an hour picking fruit on the back of a yak just talking to my teenage crush like this is a cheesy 80's teen flick.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fallen Order didn't have nearly as many immersion breaking moments as God Of War bro, stop it fam. Lol

There was not one time in Fallen Order where I spent over an hour picking fruit on the back of a yak just talking to my teenage crush like this is a cheesy 80's teen flick.

You’re another one that can’t be honest, Fallen Order is the exact same sony formula you love to shyt on.

That Atreus section is literally the slowest part of the game, there’s probably more optional combat areas and bosses than fallen order too but you wouldn’t know that if thats where you “gave up” god of war actually has a lengthy post game which is primarily made up of straight up combat challenges