Xbots celebrating that Ragnarok was beaten by Elden Ring at the GOTY award

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I like Heavy rain more than GOW and that game is almost all cutscenes.

No one has ever said anything about cutscenes. That’s the strawman y’all want to attack to deflect from the real issu at hand.

Kinda like Kapernik was like “i’m protesting police brutality” and cacs collectively attacked him for dissing the troops.:smh:

Cutscenes are fine. Even long ones. Cutscenes always been a part of gaming.

When the niel drukmans of the industry make games, they are literally trying to make you feel like you are playing a “movie” from the way the credits roll down to gameplay decisions. it’s all built to make you feel like this is a movie. Any time he ever talks his games ital always about their cinematic aspirations.

ND clearly makes a style of game. Just like from makes souls games. We can all identify that specific style of game. Don’t know why y’all feel the need to pretend “cinematic action” isn’t a genre. It is and y’all love it and sony excels at it.

You should be happy sony is successful at making the style of game they like to make and you enjoy playing. :manny:

Xbox stans :russell:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like Heavy rain more than GOW and that game is almost all cutscenes.

No one has ever said anything about cutscenes. That’s the strawman y’all want to attack to deflect from the real issu at hand.

Kinda like Kapernik was like “i’m protesting police brutality” and cacs collectively attacked him for dissing the troops.:smh:

Cutscenes are fine. Even long ones. Cutscenes always been a part of gaming.

When the niel drukmans of the industry make games, they are literally trying to make you feel like you are playing a “movie” from the way the credits roll down to gameplay decisions. it’s all built to make you feel like this is a movie. Any time he ever talks his games ital always about their cinematic aspirations.

ND clearly makes a style of game. Just like from makes souls games. We can all identify that specific style of game. Don’t know why y’all feel the need to pretend “cinematic action” isn’t a genre. It is and y’all love it and sony excels at it.

You should be happy sony is successful at making the style of game they like to make and you enjoy playing. :manny:
because credits never have been a part of games until Uncharted.

"gameplay decisions.."

Quick, what makes the second clip cinematic "gameplay decisions" and not the first one?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure.

The average “music game” has cutscenes, yet we still call that shyt a “music game” :stopitslime:

There’s obviously things each game strives to be. “Movie games” wish they were movies and it has nothing to do with having cutscenes or not

Imagine the elden ring developer talking about how he wants his game to rival books and give you the feeling of reading one :mjlol:
but if a game has great movie-like qualities in the voice acting and cinematography in its cutscenes, it has fulfilled its plan. Everything else is cherries on top.

The sheer lunacy of trying to say a game that is practically mechanically devoid of anything outside of moving the character e.g. Heavy Rain/Detroit Become Human more of a "game" than TLOU or Uncharted is straight up smoking crack.

I just find it funny how some of you guys try to find something to explain away what's obviously a bias and claim it's a "type" of thing you don't typically like.

As if a game just can't be your cup of tea specifically instead of trying to create a fake genre that's exclusive to one publisher.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let me take you into the mind of @MeachTheMonster

Now watch him lie and try and say yakuza LAD doesn’t have 15 minute long cutscenes every 10 minutes and juelz himself inside out to explain it

Long cutscenes don’t matter.

Never even claimed GOW had long cutscenes.

What i said is the gameplay itself is dictated by cinematic aspirations. Where yakuza can be goofy and have you do video game shyt like break dance fight and drive go carts. GOW has to keep it serious AF to keep their “movie” believable to the point where old Kratos can’t even do all the moves he used to be able to do cause the game has make sense in the cinematic experience they are trying to create.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let me take you into the mind of @MeachTheMonster

Now watch him lie and try and say yakuza LAD doesn’t have 15 minute long cutscenes every 10 minutes and juelz himself inside out to explain it

Story is a critique when it's done really well in a Sony title. Outside of Sony, story and cutscenes etc. are all the rage.

good game, I miss the heavier focus on story, but then again I'm only on ep 3

Clem>>>>>>>>>> ellie

Season 1 of tell tales walking dead easily was some of the best story tellin/gaming/ I've played in a bit.

I don't really grow attached to video game characters but clem def has a spot.

I'm actually really looking forward to this based on the story alone.

It reminds me of injustice but getting to play it out beatem up style (I assume)

Anybody who was paying attention. At this point in the story

is Master chief really the last spartan alive?
:ohhh:

So the story is starting to really ramp up and man it's really good.

I really didn't expect something this well written so far. I don't know if it'll hold up but it has my complete interest as of now.

:ohlawd::ohlawd:

These clowns have to find some angle to shyt on a Sony game so the "story/movie" game talking point is all they have. Absolutely macadamia nuts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Story is a critique when it's done really well in a Sony title. Outside of Sony, story and cutscenes etc. are all the rage.

These clowns have to find some angle to shyt on a Sony game so the "story/movie" game talking point is all they have. Absolutely macadamia nuts.

Yeah, its honestly not even with engaging with anymore. They’re not even good at lying and its not even entertaining

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

More strawmen.

Every game has a story.

Only some games have devs that go into detail about how they tried to make their game feel like playing a movie

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/naughty-dog-next-game-star-wars#:~:text=The cinematic game — As the developers of,of AAA games trying to be more cinematic.
Even fans of the game talk about how their expierince was just like playing a movie.
Uncharted 2, probably the best game of this generation. No game felt as big as this one did, felt like you were playing in a blockbuster action movie
I'm really excited. It's like your in a movie.
Uncharted is supposed to be like playing through an Indiana Jones movie. it nails that pretty well.
You even dapped this post
Uncharted 2 on PS3 changed my life man:ohlawd:

Not even just Naughty Dog, IMO I'd say Playstation in general is the place u need to be if u like a cinematic, movie like game experience

UC4
Spiderman
GOW

Those games do a great job of making u feel like you're playing through a big budget box office film:banderas:
But when i call them “movie games” you get your panties in a bunch :mjlol:

You, yourself even detailed how Naughty Dogg started and perfected this movie game shyt.
UC2's cinematography was unrivaled.
Uhh yeah. Uncharted pioneered cinematic gaming.

Who the hell you know was calling games before UC2 "Like a movie", "Cinematic". "Blockbuster summer like!"?? :stopitslime:
Nothing was labeled as such. When you think of cinematic "games" last gen, UC2 is most likely the first to be brought up. When you think of cinematic, you think of movie like features with Life like acting, cinematic angles, crazy action set pieces and story telling. Games before UC2 certainly weren't life like because there just wasn't anything able to do so.

So you clearly know what a “movie game” is. You even defined it yourself and bragged about how sony was the best at it.

But Now you wanna play dumb like you don’t understand what the shyt means.

Sony stan’s stupid as fukk.

Just say you like watching your games :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You missed some

On web of shadows

This game captured the essence of being spiderman perfectly the combat was great too.... the story was meh however
Spider-Man-Web-of-Shadows_ESRB_US_360.jpg

Playing halo for single player only is like playing street fighter for the story mode.

Game was trash, Between the riding in the car and uninteresting story it sits next to Final Fantasy 8 as one of my least favorite FF games

Cool concept but it just wasn't fun.

Final Fantasy 8/15/13/13.2 all were very bleh.

gow4 is the only really truly mind blowing game for me as a whole package.

Great story

content
game play
graphics
music
VA
set pieces
Environments

Crafting

On spider man

I enjoyed the story and cinematics of it all, didn't really enjoy the combat or repetitiveness

That's the problem and I agree.

TLOU2 wasn't really fun overall, it was more of an experience

GoT was everything tlous2 was plus it was fun

Bumping old halo 5 threads because the story was trash to try and make a point

:coffee:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Can anyone in this thread explain why The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, arguably the top two games of last generation, aren't "walking simulators?"

What separates these two from anything in Sony's first party AAA catalog?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can anyone in this thread explain why The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, arguably the top two games of last generation, aren't "walking simulators?"

What separates these two from anything in Sony's first party AAA catalog?

They love those games, they just hate that sony dominates in them currently. They’re gonna hate when sony start dominating in multiplayer games also and find a way to downplay the brand of competitive online games they make

Last edited: