"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not sure if I want to see this or not, I read in an interview that states the director thought that in order to represent the upper class, the brazilian should be white. He also Whitewashed another main character. A director shouldn't be working in Hollywood with that kind of attitude. He also stated that he does not care about racism. How can you be so tone deaf in 2020?

'The New Mutants' Director On Whitewashing Character: 'I Didn’t Care So Much About The Racism'
My cousin TX went to see it Friday night..confirmed what I suspected and that's all that should be said. Lol.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The fact that it was delayed for 3 long years only to be met mostly with mixed reviews, puts them in the ground even more. The X franchise should have died with Logan. I'd only watch it because i want to pipe Anya Taylor Joy.

Last edited:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Not sure if I want to see this or not, I read in an interview that states the director thought that in order to represent the upper class, the brazilian should be white. He also Whitewashed another main character. A director shouldn't be working in Hollywood with that kind of attitude. He also stated that he does not care about racism. How can you be so tone deaf in 2020?

'The New Mutants' Director On Whitewashing Character: 'I Didn’t Care So Much About The Racism'

The tv show 3 percent is easily the most accurate representation of my countries demographic. Finding out the one marvel hero who actually represents my race and nationality would be replaced by some cac was honestly sad. I really dont trip off race changes to characters because normally their color doesnt factor into who they are as a whole and with him it does.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Dude hit the :mjpls: and didn't look back.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Seeing how many theaters are still closed, why the fukk aint this available for streaming

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Seeing how many theaters are still closed, why the fukk aint this available for streaming

HBO Max has the streaming rights so I believe Disney has to end it's run in theaters before it can show up on there.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
HBO Max has the streaming rights so I believe Disney has to end it's run in theaters before it can show up on there.
Yeah..but the fact it wasnt released initially to strram seems loke a bad business move

Trolls 2 made some good ass money in streaming in the height of covid.

This movie should have been available on amazon, Google ect from the start

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This wasn't the worst comic book movie ever but it was all just so flat and underwhelming.
Pretty much my takeaway. Every character is flat, every story beat is flat, every attempted horror moment is flat, whatever action or comedy there is is flat. It's filmmaking of the lowest order and within five minutes it was clear why this film was buried for so long.

It's taken a long time but I think this film has finally dethroned The Scorpion King as the most empty film I have ever seen in theaters.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My local AMC opens tomorrow. I'll see this with one of my free passes

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Yeah..but the fact it wasnt released initially to strram seems loke a bad business move

Trolls 2 made some good ass money in streaming in the height of covid.

This movie should have been available on amazon, Google ect from the start
it was in the contract with fox that they had to release it in theaters. Only reason it was

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
It done hit the web
Gonna watch later

Edit: Once again these "reviewer" ass whiteboys dont know what the fukk they talking about. Glad i dont value anyones opinion on movies but my own because this shyt was dope.
Did a great job of showing why telepaths are the most dangerous class of mutant, something that Other Xmen programs like Legion and Wolverine and the Xmen have shown by having the opps exterminate the mind readers 1st
Magik was:ohlawd: and might be the most spot on casting choice since Stewart as Prof X
I liked it...had its flaws but overall dope

Last edited:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
it was in the contract with fox that they had to release it in theaters. Only reason it was
There losing alot of money of that damn contract. In new york state all theatres except drive ins (which are rare these day) are temporary closed under governors orders