"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Daps
Thats exactly what happened with me. i was like, nah never watching this trash. then my dad texted me a pic of an old comic he found in my childhood bedroom when he was cleaning out some stuff.
s-l500.jpg

And i was like hey didn't they make a movie about her a while back? and decided to watch it.

But did your dad find some @Luke Cage comics? :ufdup:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought it was a decent movie. Director white washed the hell out of every poc character in the movie though. It looked like Michael Jordan Presents: The New Mutants. Made it harder for me to enjoy it. :mjpls:
I did find it funny that the only mexican dude in the school was also responsible for washing the dishes
and they stayed bringing out the racial slurs for the indian girl, Pocahontas, burning man, weed grower etc.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I did find it funny that the only mexican dude in the school was also responsible for washing the dishes
and they stayed bringing out the racial slurs for the indian girl, Pocahontas, burning man, weed grower etc.
Director flat out said he casted a lighter skinned Brazilian as Sunspot because he wanted someone the audience would look at and associate with affluence.

All the POCs in the movie came from different ethnic backgrounds represented distinctively in the comics yet somehow on film they ended up the same beige color. :jbhmm:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Director flat out said he casted a lighter skinned Brazilian as Sunspot because he wanted someone the audience would look at and associate with affluence.

All the POCs in the movie came from different ethnic backgrounds represented distinctively in the comics yet somehow on film they ended up the same beige color. :jbhmm:
In his defense, only black folks care about equal representation of our entire color spectrum. I noticed other races overwhelmingly prefer to be represented exclusively by their fairest members possible. If they put a dark skinned brazilian, people in brazil would probably complain about it :mjpls:
we see mexicans, egyptians, indians, etc do this all the time.