"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Above Ghostrider 2, below X-3. It's Daredevil status. But Daredevil at least felt like a complete movie.

Quiet as kept Punisher had some good fight scenes.

Lol..... I actually liked GR2.

Punisher was good, but I always preferred Warzone more. Which I was gonna use but was afraid you was finna shyt on it:russ:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Lol..... I actually liked GR2.

Punisher was good, but I always preferred Warzone more. Which I was gonna use but was afraid you was finna shyt on it:russ:

Lol,

I try to judge movies as their own product without respect to its peers. It's hard to compare to any of those because as bad as some of those film were, they at least felt complete.

This is legitimately missing 30 minutes of explaining shyt.

It felt like a Netflix original...and not a bigger budget Netflix original. If anything I would compare it to that movie Freaks that came out 2 years ago with better CGI.

And to answer your other question, it's probably slightly better than Green Lantern. But I'm biased to X-Men stories and Marvel in general I'll admit.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Couldn't give it a + because the pacing was off. There was potential here, it just really felt like bits of exposition in the plot and story were missing and they just kept pushing and said fukk it. Dr. Reyes should've been fleshed out more. I felt like she potentially had the most interesting backstory and they didn't explore it at all.

I didn't need her fleshed out more, since I felt she served her purpose. I think the only thing missing for me was if they established whether or not they were always experiencing their dreams. Of course, we have the answer, but I think that was the missing piece. That, and the timelapse.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I didn't need her fleshed out more, since I felt she served her purpose. I think the only thing missing for me was if they established whether or not they were always experiencing their dreams. Of course, we have the answer, but I think that was the missing piece. That, and the timelapse.

Perhaps, but she was the main villain and she had no story. She was essentially a henchmen in the role of the main antagonist. I would've been ok with the presented version of events if they showed someone else from Essex Corp in the shadows. And it didn't necessarily have to be Nathaniel. They could've explained how her forcefield still worked even when she was asleep or even knocked out. Why being a mutant herself, she chose to do this testing. I mean, she seemed opposed to it...but carried out the orders robotically. That's henchmen status.

I felt like Illiana should've talked about her brother at least once. Explained who the Slenderman was that terrorized her.

More backstory would've helped explain the hallucinations. Sunspot killed his girl...at least show some scenes in the past showing his relationship with said girl. Same with Wolfsbane.

Another 30 minutes and this could've been a B movie.

This felt like The Faculty meets Freaks but none of the charm because they didn't even bother to write the charm.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Perhaps, but she was the main villain and she had no story. She was essentially a henchmen in the role of the main antagonist. I would've been ok with the presented version of events if they showed someone else from Essex Corp in the shadows. And it didn't necessarily have to be Nathaniel. They could've explained how her forcefield still worked even when she was asleep or even knocked out. Why being a mutant herself, she chose to do this testing. I mean, she seemed opposed to it...but carried out the orders robotically. That's henchmen status.

I felt like Illiana should've talked about her brother at least once. Explained who the Slenderman was that terrorized her.
I think the movie assumed the layman would know that Essex Corp was run by Nathaniel Essex(aka Sinister) and he and his experiments were probably supposed to be to be the glue for the Fox X universe going forward, but most people have no clue who that is. My girl saw the movie with me and just kinda shrugged when they showed Essex Corp.

I think Magik’s slendermen were place holders for the men that molested her, just faceless monsters.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think the movie assumed the layman would know that Essex Corp was run by Nathaniel Essex(aka Sinister) and he and his experiments were probably supposed to be to be the glue for the Fox X universe going forward, but most people have no clue who that is. My girl saw the movie with me and just kinda shrugged when they showed Essex Corp.

I think Magik’s slendermen were place holders for the men that molested her, just faceless monsters.

My synopsis of that
True...Sinister is relatively known, but his alias is not. In my mind, I imagine an end credit scene from the movie that was cut with a businessman/scientist sitting behind a desk, contemplating his next move, and a red diamond flashing on his forehead as he seethes like the diamond Reyes dropped on the floor. That what's i imagined with the exposition that's missing.

I think the slendermen could've been better received if they had a true flash back...something that showed how Dani accessed their fears before manifesting them in reality.

Movie had some good ideas...but the writers/director/editor and studio just said fukk it, try and keep up nikka.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
"You ok Lockheed?"

gBzj8lX.png

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
damn that same thing happened years ago when I went to see The Dark Knight..... shyt went down after the scene with Bruce having dinner with Harvey and Rachel.

They did the same, what was your opinion thus far?
:ohhh: Same thing happened to me when I went to see the Dark Knight. It happened when Batman was about to go into the abandoned building to take down the fake swat team.

They gave us all free movie tickets though.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to see this movie but the theaters are still closed in my area. I thought they were going to let us buy it through Amazon Prime.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My synopsis of that

They actually cast the role, and had the end scene planned...possibly filmed...but in the end, said no reason to add it.

I think the point in showing Essex Corp was just to show that they weren't being groomed to be X-Men. I think it was more to the effect of for the sequel "well, if it wasn't Xavier, who is Essex?" They've referenced him a coupe of times now.

I think the perfect way they should've shown him was in the montage with the other participants at the other facility. Just flashing his face right there enhances the movie just a bit.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I really like this.

I know Fox didn’t do right by the scope of the X-men stories and this could have been bigger but it felt like a really good one and one single issue floppy.

Sunspot sucked though

If Hot Toys makes a Majik figure. I’m getting it.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps