Wrestlemania 40 - April 6-7, 2024, Live from Philidelphia, PA (Matches Added to OP)

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
The matches were decent overall, but the overabundance of ad placement and shoddy production were really messing with me. There was also NO gravitas or grandiose feeling with this as the 40th anniversary. No hype package, pyro, legends, or anything. It just feels like another by-the-numbers Mania. :why: :beli:
Yeah felt like an In-Your-House level ppv.. nowhere near a mania level PPV :stopitslime:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Sami/Gunther was the MOTN for me. Sami is just a great babyface and Gunther’s hard hitting offense is just so believable. Liked the finish of the match

Jimmy and Jey must have been told their match was being cut short before going out because they both weren’t into it. Action was solid but it was disappointing after a six month build

Cool to see Truth get a WM moment with a title win. I’d probably never book a 6 team tag ladder match again. That was a cluster

Ladies three way did what it was supposed to do. WWE is going to be very careful on using Jade which is a good thing

Rey/Andrade vs Dom/Santos was paint by the numbers. Dom needs a big victory to justify his existence at some point. Might as well send him to NXT.

Main Event was aight. Took a little while to get going. Crowd was split between all the performers, so it came off as one giant boo on TV. Credit to Rock for holding up his end of the bargain, even though Roman did most of the heavy lifting. Seth selling the knee heavy then doing the stomp 😂😂. Near finish with the dual pedigrees was pretty cool. Roman spearing the Rock into a long rest spot 😂. Finish was the same finish for Roman matches, babyface gets distracted into a spear for the win.

I hope tonight is better. Kind of disappointed with last night

Someone needs to tell yell in Pat McAfee’s ear because good lord was he annoying on commentary. You could tell Cole was getting aggravated throughout the night

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Today's the day!!!

210085.gif

I'm setting myself up for disappointment lol

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Rhea v Becky - ⭐⭐⭐, solid but nothing special, Becky should turn heel
Tag Ladder match - ⭐⭐, entertaining but nothing special or memorable tbh.. too many vanilla midgets
Mexican Tag match - ⭐⭐, average match, got good near the finish. Dgaf about most of those nikkas
Uso vs Iso - ⭐1/2, wow, boring as fukk.. needed blood or something..these two nikkas were ASS. A TWO PACK OF ASS
6 woman tag - ⭐⭐, nothing special again, could've been a smackdown match.. cool visuals tho from the 3 queens, Jade's ass looked good, so did Naomi's god damn pal
Sam v Gunther, ⭐⭐⭐, decent match, again, nothing special.. idgaf about Sammy but looks like he's really liked.. Gunther for whc or WWE title now
Bloodline vs jabronis tag, ⭐⭐⭐⭐, told a good story... Actual ring work probably only 2 stars, but the build, the story nd execution of the match to propell the story was 5 stars. Good finish to night 1... This night needed it with it being such a bland af ppv

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's not gonna be Austin coming out tommorow to take out The Rock it's gonna be Triple H. He can't work a match but he can throw a couple punches and take The Rock out of the picture that's all he's gonna do. It makes more sense then Austin. They have been planting the seeds for this
Lol

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Final Boss stole the show.

And R-truth and Jade. Rest didn't really hit for me

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rock use to throw kicks and punches with swag. I noticed he doesn’t shake his leg or shake his hand (double pause) while doing those anymore.. just straight up punches and kicks

I couldn’t tell if Reigns spearing Rock would set up a turn tonight or not since Rock didn’t sell that it happened