[7/6/24] WWE Money in the Bank: Toronto - Premium Live Event (7pm ET Start)

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
A perspective on Bron losing..

First off. I hated it. That’s my stance. I’m a fan so I wanted him to win. Is what it is..

But, I do think the longer Bron went without taking a loss on the main roster, the harder he becomes to book because it ends up putting an unnecessary emphasis on his win/loss record and undefeated status. That always turns into a pain in the ass to book around because at that point the guy has to win every match he’s apart of. They always run into that wall with Goldberg types. It’s what makes booking guys like Strowman so damn hard..

So at least with that first loss in the books early, they don’t have to tip toe around that anymore..

That’s all I got though. Still didn’t like that he lost, but with that perspective I get it. I feel like they could have waited a couple more PLE’s and not immediately put him in an IC title match, but we’re here now

My main problem with it is more of how they presented Sami as this massive underdog when bro ended the longest IC title reign by beating Gunther clean, no tricks.

Like I get you want to present Bron as this absolute monster, but there wasn't enough build IMHO for Sami to win like that. Could have thrown Bronson Reed at him again since there is already history there.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
A perspective on Bron losing..

First off. I hated it. That’s my stance. I’m a fan so I wanted him to win. Is what it is..

But, I do think the longer Bron went without taking a loss on the main roster, the harder he becomes to book because it ends up putting an unnecessary emphasis on his win/loss record and undefeated status. That always turns into a pain in the ass to book around because at that point the guy has to win every match he’s apart of. They always run into that wall with Goldberg types. It’s what makes booking guys like Strowman so damn hard..

So at least with that first loss in the books early, they don’t have to tip toe around that anymore..

That’s all I got though. Still didn’t like that he lost, but with that perspective I get it. I feel like they could have waited a couple more PLE’s and not immediately put him in an IC title match, but we’re here now

I'm cool w/ Bron not carrying a undefeated streak.. what I don't like is Sami being the one to beat Gunther and Bron.

Sami getting a big push was warranted (altho they pulled the trigger a little late) but him being the one two beat the two big monsters in WWE is crazy.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'm cool w/ Bron not carrying a undefeated streak.. what I don't like is Sami being the one to beat Gunther and Bron.

Sami getting a big push was warranted (altho they pulled the trigger a little late) but him being the one two beat the two big monsters in WWE is crazy.

Yo Khadija I did it :krs:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

tenor.gif